Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
T
Well, that's all, FOLCs! Except for the upcoming epilogue, of course.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wonderful! Very nice ending. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Fun story. hyper Cool take on Wonder Woman. Can't wait to see the epilogue.

I heart Clark Kent.
Kerth
Kerth
So will there now be a different Wonder Woman?

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Fun story, Terry. I always like to see a confident and compentant Lois kicking butt. I guess she really can 'take care of herself'.

In the comic book universe, both Artemis and Donna Troy (aka Troia) has substituted for Wonder Woman. Currently Donna is the surrogate Wonder Woman in the Justice League along with the Dick Grayson Batman.

Diana of Themiscrya is currently in some alternate timeline in the comics.

Don't know if Lois will be able to 'settle' on working as an editor. She has too much need to be in the middle of the action.

Nice story, Looking forward to the next one.

Tank (who says Lois will have to become comfortable with short hair again since it's going to take a while for this short cut to grow out)

Top Banana
Top Banana
He decided that if she were on fire he wouldn’t spit on her to put it out.

Or maybe that he would.
He he, I like the double play here... he can't resist helping anyone, yet part of him just wants to spit on her. wink Well-played.

“Yes,” she growled. “I thought I had found the ideal mate for an Amazon princess.”
What's so interesting about WW's interest in Superman, is she does have a point to the naked eye. But that's just it--you have to get that there's a man under the Suit, Clark. And she would never be able to understand that.

She might not deserve Clark’s love, but she had it. She always had and she always would. And it didn’t matter whether or not Lois felt like she was the best woman for him. That’s what he believed, and that was what really mattered.
Aww... feeling a bit WAFFY here smile

She smiled. “I know. And I don’t think you’ll ever find any woman who loves you like I do.” She reached out and tugged him into an embrace. “You are the most wonderful man alive, and I am so lucky to be loved by you.”

He held her close. “And I feel the same about you. I am so blessed to be loved by you. I hope you never doubt that.”

She kissed his earlobe and ran her fingers through his hair. “I won’t ever doubt it, my darling. Not for as long as I live.”
Yay!!! sloppy

And we get an epilogue?! To finally see what happens with WW... can't wait! smile

Fun story, Terry! Thanks for the ride!

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I enjoyed this a lot.

I'm glad that Diana was the exception and not the rule of her feminist, matriarchal society. In my opinion, you simply can't have a matriarchy which is based on violence as a means of settling conflicts. Once you agree that violence can be used to to pick a winner, you have doomed the matriarchy. The simple reason for that is that women who use violence to settle conflicts will always, always lose to men who use violence - and then there will be no matriarchy any more, as the men will take over.

But I enjoyed your portrait of the Queen and several other Amazons.

I really enjoyed seeing Lois and Clark together, too. So Lois is going to work as an editor - well, why not?

Must admit that I half expected Lois to become pregnant. I mean, she was full of almost-magical herbal medicine when she and Clark made love on that island - shouldn't we expect some sort of outcome from that??

In any case, Terry, this has been a wild ride and a great ride. Like Tank, I really did enjoy Lois's foolhardy but wonderful courage. Thanks for writing this fic!

Ann

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
“You know, those folks are gonna make some sociologist very famous.”
thumbsup And the rest of this part makes the story very well rounded. clap

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Absolutely a great story, Terry. I read it in one bite and am looking forward to the Epilogue. It's definitely on my Kerth list.
regards
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
D
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
D
One of my favorite bits here was Lois's "Now talk noble to them. You’re so much better at that than I am.” Heh heh. Superman is pretty darn good at that, isn't he?

You handled the trial quite well, and that's exciting that there's a great position for Lois on the horizon. laugh

It's great that Lois is now confident of Clark's love for her. There's a bit of bittersweetness to the fact that he'll likely live longer, but what's important is to enjoy the time they have!

I am excited that there is an epilogue, though! I'm interested in seeing what is up your sleeve! Perhaps a baby? smile

T
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
T
Thanks for all the kind words, FOLCs!

Thanks, Laura. I was trying to get all the necessary information in there without putting the readers to sleep. Guess it worked.

The epilogue is coming up very soon, Jen P. Glad you liked the ride.

Marcus, I leave the identity of the new Wonder Woman to the inventive genius of both yourself and Tank.

Speaking of Tank, I'm glad you liked this Lois. I don't think I could ever write her as a shy, demure, passive child-woman. That just wouldn't be Lois. And (whew!) I'm glad you liked the haircut.

Mozartmaid, that thought of Clark's about spitting on Diana if she were afire is actually a triple play. Just think - where else might a man have ready access to fluid? And you got the point about Wonder Woman's obsession with Superman exactly. It was all surface and appearance and vanity. And I'm glad you liked the WAFFs. I don't always do them so well.

Thanks for the accolades, Ann. I'm glad you liked the story. As I mentioned before, I couldn't write Lois any way but assertive and confident and capable, because that's the way she is to all of us (including me).

Glad you liked the added touches, Michael. Look for some beta kudos in the epilogue!

Wow, Artemis! You read it all at once and still liked it? That's pretty cool. It means that I was able to tie the pieces together in a coherent narrative despite my best (or worst) efforts. And I'm humbled by the Kerth mention. Given the level of skill and ability displayed on these boards, I'm sure I'm destined to play second fiddle again. But that's okay. I'm honored just to be considered.

Thanks, Deja Vu. There are things Lois does better than Clark, and vice versa. One of the keys to a successful marriage is admitting that fact, and I wanted to show these two triumphing over one of the worst external trials they've ever faced. I'm glad the trial scenes worked for you. And will Lois take the associate editor's job? She might just talk herself into it. As for their comparative life spans, as Clark said, "It's not the years, it's the moments." Whether or not there's a baby on the horizon, they deserve their moments.

Epilogue coming up soon!

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
WOW!

When this story was first posted I was new to this website and had no idea what to make of it. Now I'm so happy to have read The Wonder of Love and enjoyed just about every line!

My only quibble: where did Batman get the diaries about the different Wonder Women over the years? confused

Diana's arrogance was her undoing and her subsequent fear of Superman was well deserved. Paradise Island needs a kinder, wiser ruler than she could ever have been. So happy to see Lois and Clark together again! Lois finally realizes he is there for her ...no matter what length her hair is!

Thanks again for a great read Terry! dance

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard