Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
She picked up a rod and went down to the staffroom. Shadbolt eyed her with surprise. "You're going in again?" he said.

"Just for a second," she replied. She gave him the rod and unlocked the door.

"How can you be sure he's not lying in wait for you?"

"I'm sure."

Shadbolt wasn't sure at all. Lois could feel his apprehension. She opened the door, crouched low, and reached into the cell. She seized the box and pulled it towards her body.

Then, she paused.

Looked up.

His head had turned.

Their eyes met.
Thanks!

Corrina.

Top Banana
Top Banana
This had become far more than an assignment. This went deeper.

This transcended *him* and became about *her*.

And about whether, this time, she could get it right.
And we are all counting on her to make the right decision!!

In some ways, he was a bit like you. He wasn't convinced of the need to keep the alien weak and submissive." Shadbolt lifted his gaze and met her eyes. "He paid for that oversight with his life."

Ice-cold trepidation trickled the length of her spine.
And how will she overcome that fear?

The running, the exercise, the push-ups ... did that represent a strategy of survival or a strategy of groundwork for future domination?

He was still scouring the newspaper - working through page after page - leaving nothing unread.

Was it merely interest in a world he had been forced to leave? Or something more ominous?
Again, you're building up the fear of him. I anxiously await how this will be overcome!

"The road ahead looks hellishly hard, but you're not alone."
Even though said to her father, could these words could sum up what lies ahead in Lois and Clark's future?

For the first time since he'd walked into his mother's kitchen and collapsed with excruciating pain, he felt the timid approach of an almost-forgotten emotion.

Hope.
whinging Oh, Clark!

Another fantastic part! This story is so riveting! And your teaser of what is coming next is making me even more anxious for the next installment!!

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
I agree with everything Mozartmaid said - you are building a perception that Clark might be dangerous (even though we know he isn't), but Lois doesn't know that and she has to gather all the facts before making a decision.

The preview is also making me anxious for what comes next and I'm looking forward to it smile

Top Banana
Top Banana
I have one especially meaningful memory of the weeks my mother-in-law was in the hospital before her death. She had been unresponsive for some time and did not talk. There were a good half dozen family members in her room this day. Her daughter was on one side of the bed, her granddaughter on the other, and they were giving her a manicure, as everyone chatted about I don't know what. Although she did not answer, they often addressed her, expressing surprise at how long her nails were, or how pretty they looked after the manicure, etc. There was something about that scene that spoke so much of love, of respect, of family, and of the dignity of life.

Loving this story! I cannot wait to see what happens next.

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Well done part.

I wonder, in L&C it appears as if repeated exposure to kryptonite was having less and less effect. As if he body was adjusting.

Certainly in this tale he's had daily exposure yet they saw him floating in his sleep.

Framework4
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Wow! I love how you systematically have her thinking it out, what she should do, trying to figure out what the truth is. And of course, she is absolutely right that she needs a lot more information and needs to tread carefully before acting on anything in any way. She cannot trust Moyne, so even more needs to watch her step, but it is wonderful Clark found a way to communicate with her with his "note"; it's just the beginning of being able to answer some of her questions, I hope. I love how you describe everything so that I have such a clear picture in my mind of the setting, the people, Clark etc.

Masterful writing! You amaze me over and over again with your skill and writing style. I can see what the stages must be in the parts of your story now. But each part holds so much! Wow! I seem to be saying that a lot, so hope it doesn't lose its meaning. clap

EvelynC
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wow. thanks for posting. This is agonizingly slow so I can not imagine it being finished it two more chapters.I am just being greedy. I can't wait for the next part. Great job as usual. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
L
Blogger
Blogger
L
Vicky, your story brought tears to my eyes. That is a powerful memory.

You bring powerful emotions into this story Corrina. Lois' analytical thinking is so very much how a woman's mind works, in my opinion. At least, I can attest for my own mind being analytical like that.

It feels like we've been given candy with the new addition of Clark's POV. I'm not normally one who prefers sweets, but this is quite tasty! goofy

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. -- Albert Einstein
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
MozartMaid

Again, you're building up the fear of him.
When Lois's only interest in her job was to keep the prisoner in his cell, she didn't really care too much about what he might be planning to do. Now, it's becoming important.

DW

you are building a perception that Clark might be dangerous (even though we know he isn't), but Lois doesn't know that
That's a really good point. We FoLCs know certain things about the prisoner, but Lois doesn't know them.

Vicki

the dignity of life
Even - in the FoLC universe - alien life.

Thanks for sharing that beautiful story, Vicki. My mum had a stroke and lived the final three years of her life in a nursing home.

Framework I can't comment because anything I say might give too many hints. Thanks for the FDK, though.

Evelyn

I love how you systematically have her thinking it out, what she should do, trying to figure out what the truth is.
I do seem to spend a lot of time in Lois's head - but she has no one she can discuss it with, so there aren't too many options. I'm glad it's working.

I can see what the stages must be in the parts of your story now.
LOL - that's good. I can see them, too, but some are still a little vague!

You give lovely FDK, Evelyn - thanks so much!

Laura

This is agonizingly slow so I can not imagine it being finished it two more chapters.
I agree with the 'agonizingly'! Many times I skip ahead, only to have either my muse or one of my wonderful betas point out something that I glossed over, and then I have to drag myself back and fill in the holes.

'Finished'? No. We're just building up to a nice little cliff! laugh

LadyMoira

You bring powerful emotions into this story Corrina.
Thanks - right from the beginning, I saw this as an emotional story - covering a wide range of emotions.

Thanks to everyone for reading and giving such amazing FDK. Part 7 is quite long, part 8 is quite short, but I like the split where it is.

Corrina.

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Trask's conjecture was neither original nor particularly inspired. Depict the enemy as being less than human, impute him with strange and frightening powers mixed with the rabid intention of evil, sprinkle liberally with paranoia, and convince yourself - and others - that the sordid concoction excused the most repugnant of atrocities.
True, but in this case, Trask wasn't all *that* delusional. He just wasn't all that good in basic math, with taking one and one and coming up with two-point-six. thumbsup

In a surprisingly short time, her initial reservations faded, and Lois discovered she was enjoying being able to connect with her dad is such a practical way.
Awwwww...

The rod-management is great wave

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Beat Reporter
Online Sleepy
Beat Reporter
I like Lois' inner conflict between her sense of duty and what her heart tells her. Next part will bring her into the cell herself, can't wait to see that happen. I am on the edge of my seat to see how the two react when they meet for the first time, perhaps they'll talk with each other?
I'm also very anxious to see what Moyne will do in the future ...
This story will end in a cliffhanger? I think I have an idea where you will let this end ... and if I'm right I can only hope that you will post the sequel soon. wink
I'd like to FDK a bit more but I have to get up in 5 hours so I really have to go to bed. I hope when I get back online on Thursday, I'll find at least one new part of this wonderful fic clap

Kathryn
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Loving this story. I just can't wait for the next part! I hope your muse is cooperating. wink I probably SHOULD wait until its all done as not to put myself through such turmoil but I can't help myself. Here's to Female Hawks Muse!! :-)

I heart Clark Kent.
Merriwether
Merriwether
He went back to the door and arranged the scraps of paper across the bottom of the box - 'THANK YOU'.
You know, this was a brilliant move on your part. You've just sped up Lois's plan to discover whether he could communicate, and in such a clever way. It not only shows that Clark can answer when spoken to, but also that he can think creatively as to how to communicate. It may not answer Lois's question as to whether he's an alien, but it will convince her that he's more human than any of the agents would admit.

I'm glad Clark is starting to feel hope. For the first time since I've started reading, I'm starting to feel hope, too! More, please!

Kathy

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Yes i must agree with the Kathy B - more please! That teaser was almost painful.

I can't tell you how much I am loving this story!!! I seriously check at least 10x a day to see if there are any new chapters. I'm hooked but good!!

LOIS:I don't like you.
MAYSON: Really? Oh god, that is such a relief - I don't like you either.
LOIS: That makes me feel so much better
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Michael

Looking forward to 7. And 8. And not to the -- presumed -- wait between 8 and 2x01
Actually, one reason why I haven't posted Junction more speedily is to minimise the wait between the stories. My plan is 7 tomorrow morning, 8 not too long after that, and then the usual 2-3 days between 8 and Bridge 1.

Kathryn

I think I have an idea where you will let this end ...
I'm always fascinated when someone says they think they know where I'm going. Let me know if you were right.

Jen My muse is not generally the problem - it's that pesky thing called RL that gets in the way!

Kathy When Lois gets Clark's message, she will have to re-think some of the things she's been told. I'm glad you can sense some hope, Kathy.

bellarase

That teaser was almost painful.
cool

Next part should be up in about 12 hours.

Thanks to everyone for the FDK. I really appreciate your interest and enthusiasm. I don't know how long TMTY will be, but I do know that FDK gives much-needed encouragement when writing a fic.

Corrina.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard