Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
T
Comments can go here if you're so inclined.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hippolyta called out, “Silence! Hear me, Amazons. The same prohibition stands for Lois Lane. Should she attempt to fly, she also will be shot down.”
Heh heh heh.

G
Blogger
Blogger
G
Hi!

I've been following your story and enjoying it very much!!!

Clark is going to kick some Amazon butt, I hope!

Thank you for a wonderful story! It takes an excellent story to get me out of the "lurking" mode.
hyper

G. Kuhn
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Whoa, no no no don't leave us now! More soon. This is better then I thought it would be. I was reading and not sure how I felt about Wonder Woman invading our world, but now it is getting good.

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Oh, such torture to leave us like this!! More, more more now please. hyper

EvelynC
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
An amazing story ! clap Let Lois kick her amazon butt !
Please more soon !!

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I'm now almost thinking that Clark may be arriving to save WW from Lois, although I remember that in the first installment, Lois had one arm dangling, but it did sound like she was giving as good as she got! Gooooo Lois!!!

I'm counting the hours until our next installment. hyper

EvelynC
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
One more thought-- I just had this picture of Clark shock as he suddenly realized that one of those naked women is his wife!!!!! Oh my goodness, amazing story!

EvelynC
Top Banana
Top Banana
Many of our sisters who feel as we do will not look kindly upon a future queen who murders a woman for her man. This will not end well, I fear
Ya think?? Killing a woman for her husband doesn't seem to represent the most compassionate of leaders. wink

Then his jaw almost fell off and hit the sand below him. The other fighter WAS Lois!

Each woman had one fist cocked as if ready to throw a punch.

NO!

He flashed down toward the sand as both women’s arms darted forward.
Shocking, isn't it Superman, to find your wife fighting for you in the nude? wink

Can't wait for the next part!! hyper

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
What a suspenseful chapter, Terry! I know that I haven't provided any feedback previously due to RL, but I have been peeking in on this story. I've loved Wonder Woman since I was little because of the TV show and had mixed feelings about her character in this story.

However, now I can truly say that I love the juxtaposition between Diana's character (her thirst for power, ruthlessness, and deviousness, and her apparent incapability for compassion ) and Lois's character. Both women are strong, but what Diana doesn't understand is that Lois's ability to love isn't a weakness; it's also a strength.

Besides the fact that Clark isn't finicky, there isn't a doubt in my mind why Clark will always choose Lois. BTW, I loved seeing Clark's inner thoughts earlier in the story as to why Lois seeing him for his true self (and not the powers) was the biggest reason for his devotion. Wonder Woman absolutely doesn't get it!

I'm so glad that the Queen leveled the playing field and was happy to see the Amazonian response to Diana's plan. Now, I can only hope that Clark will arrive in time, that Lois will be able to heal from her injuries and that Diana's younger sister will become the crown princess.

Can't wait to see what happens next!
BJ

Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Hippolyta called out, “Silence! prohibition stands for Lois Lane. Should she attempt to Lane. Should she attempt to fly, she also will be shot down.”
Why do I have a bad feeling about this ad Clark comes swooping down? :-) Great story! Can't wait to see what happens next!

I heart Clark Kent.
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Hrmmmm, not sure how I messed that quote up so bad! Ha! Sorry about that!

I heart Clark Kent.
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Okay, forgetting that Diana's superstrength would be able to pulp Lois' head like a ripe melon if even one punch connected, it's good to see Lois giving as good as she gets.

One complaint about the fight as far as we've seen it. Lois got that 'practical' haircut for a reason. It would be nice to see it actually come into play, and allow Lois a couple of good handfulls of Diana's mop as she uses Wonder Woman's hair as handy handles while bouncing Diana's face against her knee.

I see a problem coming with Superman's attempted rescue. Even though Lois was taken against her will and never came out and agreed to the challenge, her acceptance and taking part in the battle could be seen as a de facto consent to the situation and thus she is bound by the terms of the challenge. Superman won't be allowed to rescue her. If he tries, it will be seen as a breaking of the rules and Lois would be shot down by the archers.

Can you say human pin cushion?

Tank (who would have liked to see Lois' reactions as she was experiencing her grappler's haircut)

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Tank, that was in the prologue.
Grabbed that big mane of hair and put a knee into her cheek, may have broken it.
BTW, I highly recommend rereading it at this point. It gives so much more picture now with the context.

And it sure looks like Diana has misjudged Lois when she disregarded her as a showfighter without any real skill. Probably comes from being a showfighting prissy bitca (sic) herself. laugh thumbsup

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
D
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
D
Both stared at him as if he were an invader from Mars.
Hehehe. Nope. Just Krypton. wink

I loved how Batman was just being Batman. His brooding and taciturnity and all that are a bit humorous, heh.

Boy, Lois sure knew how to make Diana mad, didn't she?

I'm not sure whether I should be scared that Superman's stepping in or not, heh...Hmmm...

Still enjoying this!

T
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
T
Wow. Should've gotten that pay-per-view license after all.

Io, the queen was just being fair. After all, we wouldn't want Lois to have any illicit advantages.

G. Kuhn, glad you like it. And I'm glad you "de-lurked" for this one.

Laurach, I knew that the comics version of Wonder Woman would be difficult to overcome. Thanks for the kind words. Always to nice to give the positive kinds of surprises.

Thank you, Annalina19. I think both of them are just about done with the anatomy-kicking.

Not only did Lois have one arm dangling, EvelynC, but so did Diana. And each of them had a damaged leg or ankle and numerous facial bruises. And Clark's expression as he realized who Wonder Woman was fighting? Priceless.

As another poster mentioned in an earlier thread, Diana's grasp of political strategy is a bit on the slippery side. And I think Superman would go from shocked to ticked off very quickly.

Glad you could find time to post feedback, BJ. I know what a bear real life can be. And thanks for the kind words about Clark. I sometimes have trouble getting into his head, but this time I think I found an open door.

Jen P, I don't know where that bad feeling might come from. Surely not from the story! I'm such a pussycat with these two.

Tank, you nailed one of my problems when developing this story. The comics show Wonder Woman sparring with Superman and holding her own against him, but they also show her sparring with Batman and being pushed near her limits by him. That means that either Batman is almost super-strong or Superman isn't all that super. I chose to make Wonder Woman very strong but decidedly weaker than Superman. (Remember the railroad car that Superman could lift but Diana couldn't?) And sorry about not showing the haircut. I thought about it, but decided that it didn't propel the narrative forward. But you can write it if you're of a mind to do so. And the legal angle will be explored before we depart from Paradise Island.

Thanks for the kudos, Michael. I try to make my "reader incentives" compelling.

Glad you liked Batman, Daja Vu. And Lois knows that an angry opponent often a careless opponent.

Next chapter up very soon!

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I have to say that I completely loved this chapter. I was totally captivated by it. Clark's angst, his desperate search, and Lois's courage, foolhardy daring, dignity, chutzpah, the whole situation with the duel, Lois's fighter haircut, the stripping down, the laying down of the rules, the whole situation - oh my my my!!!!

Can't remember the last time I was so hypnotized by a part of a fic about Lois and Clark!

Ann

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard