Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
T
The calm before the storm breaks. laugh Are you ready to be strong?

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Troya is fun. clap Plus, there's a haircut for Tank wink

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I still can't believe the breath-taking lack of political acumen that Diana is showing. It's obvious she's totally unsuitable to become the queen.

Unfortunately, she and her co-conspirators are the only ones who don't realize that.

D
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
D
As Lois passed, the guard muttered, “If you attempt to harm the queen in any way, I will slay you.”
Just so we're clear, eh?

It wasn’t a room. It was a mansion which would put Luthor’s ballroom to shame. It was a basketball arena. It was the Dane’s mead hall from the Beowulf epic tale.
Love this bit! Would that make Diana Grendel? And if Lois kills Grendel, is Grendel's mother going to be upset? :p

“In that case, I want a haircut. I plan to yank her mop out of her scalp by the roots if I can, and I don’t want her to be able to do it to me.”
Hahaha. Good plan!!

“Thank you, Lois. You are indeed gracious and kind.”

“Tell that to my boss some time. I don’t think he believes it when I say it.”
Secretly, I think Perry knows. wink

Well, Diana is really a pain in the rumpus! Her sister seems nice, though. I like how kind Lois was to her. laugh

The explanation for fighting naked comes out! Nature-clad, heh heh. Great euphemism.

Poor Clark, out trying and failing to find his wife. Has to be immensely frustrating. At least she can hold her own against WW!

Looking forward to more!

~Deja~

T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
So now we know why Lois and Diana were naked in the preview. I wonder if there is time to set up a pay-per-view?

Looking forward to Lois' 'trim'. It's going to have to be a significant 'trim' if she doesn't want Diana to be able to grab a handful of hair and use it against her.

I'm still not sure how Lois' martial arts training is going to be enough against someone who has strength just shy of Superman level. Diana could, literally, tear off Lois' arm if she chose to. Diana may not be invulnerable, but she is tougher than the average mortal. She has (in the world of comics) walked through fire and emerged unscathed.

We know (from the preview) that Clark doesn't get there in time to stop the battle from starting. I wonder if he is going to be able to see any part of it?

Looking forward to more... now... still waiting.

Tank (who wonders if Diana's spies will tell her what Lois has planned and come to the battle with a matching haircut)

Top Banana
Top Banana
Well, if WW's powers come from 'magical' augmentation, it would only be logical for the battle to take place inside an antimagic circle.

Let's see
Lois: Str 16 Dex 18 Con 14 Int 16 Wis 16 Cha 16 (can't have all 18s across the board.

Diana: Str 20+ Dex 18 Con 18 Int 10 Wis 8 Cha 18

I assert that Lois is both smarter and wiser than Diana (who has yet to figure out that Lois's 'infertility problem' may belong to Lois's husband WHO IS AN ALIEN). Give Lois a couple good feats and let her avoid any grapples, and yeah she might be able to wipe Diana's clock.

You can tell I've been spending way too much time doing D&D stuff.

Big Apricot Superman Movieverse
The World of Lois & Clark
Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm
T
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
T
Ah, basking in feedback is so warming.

Michael, I'm glad you like Troia. She's kind of the anti-Diana in this story, even if she would prefer that her sister not get killed by Lois or kill Lois.

Io (may I address you in such an informal manner?), you've hit one of the nails right on the head. Diana is self-deluded and utterly convinced of her own rightness, so much so that she cannot hear the voice of reason. Kind of like a lot of other political figures of all persuasions.

Deja Vu - a pain in the rumpus? Now that's an interesting euphemism. And I'm glad you liked the little humor bits scattered all through the story. I like to relieve some of the dramatic tension with humor. It makes the dramatic parts jump out of the narrative a little more.

And yeah, Perry knows!

Sorry, Tank, no cable broadcast on this fight. As for Diana's relative strength, I find the concept that Batman can at least make her work hard in a sparring session unrealistic if she can make Superman work hard. That would mean that Batman is badder than any fighter or wrestler in the world today by several orders of magnitude, and that either the bad guys he fights are that powerful also or Diana feels sorry for him. I chose to make Diana exceptionally strong compared to Lois but with nowhere near the fighting skill that Lois has. That will play out soon.

And no, sorry, Diana isn't wise enough to trim her hair back.

Dandello, you make a good point about Lois' lack of children maybe not being her fault. We'll touch base with that later, too. And I liked your D&D ratings for Lois and Diana. Is there an overconfidence factor in there too?

Next part up very soon! Thanks for reading, y'all, and thanks for posting.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Top Banana
Top Banana
Sorry it's taken me so long to reply!! Been distracted by other fics and RL :p
Anyway, love Lois' idea of what SHOULD take place:
Lois shrugged. “Well, there’s no problem. We both show up, blow kisses at Clark, he flips her off and hugs me and we all go home. End of contest, right?”
And her dismissive attitude towards Golden Lasso Girl. wink Cute.
Till of course she realizes it won't be that simple!
... And Superman looking out for anything "hinky." I'll have to use that word for something strange or odd from now on. smile

“In that case, I want a haircut. I plan to yank her mop out of her scalp by the roots if I can, and I don’t want her to be able to do it to me.”
rotflol
All the ways we try to justify THAT haircut!!

Lois Lane was a fighter. And she was going to fight as long as she breathed.
Go Lois!! That's our girl!! (But to fight in the nude?! Whoa! thud )

Running to read the next part right now!! laugh

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard