Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
To her right, there was a padlocked closet. Lois reached into the pocket of her jacket and pulled out the keys Scardino had given her yesterday. There were four keys on the key ring.

One was for the outside door, one for her office, one for the cell ... and one that - she hoped - would open the padlock on the closet.

It did.

The door swung open ... and revealed the answers to at least two of Lois's questions.
Thanks!

Corrina.

Top Banana
Top Banana
Wow, I'm so intrigued... especially what we know of Lois and Clark in general, it is really interesting and heartbreaking to see them in this context. I have a feeling that Lois will eventually make her way into Clark's cell without the Kryptonite rod. Or at least won't use it for very long. I can't wait for the next post! Excellent writing!!

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
Top Banana
Top Banana
Yikes, that was tough to read. I remember during "Awaken My Heart" I kept dreaming up ways to make Nor far worse than he actually was. In this story, you need no help from me; Trask is worse than anything I could have come up with.

I'm hoping we've seen the worst, and that things will continue to get better for Clark in each new chapter.

I'm wondering why Clark hasn't spoken. Nothing in Trask's report seems to indicate he has said a word since his capture. Can that be?

Oh, and I don't know how I managed to misread your posting schedule, but really, I think even twice a week is too long to wait to find out what happens next. laugh

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
Interesting ... now just for the part where Lois fires all of those stupid workers and takes over the operation with only herself and Clark ...

This is just a great story and I am so intrigued to learn what happens next.

Poor Clark, though - he clearly has been through a lot and Lois is realising that he isn't a dirty, uncivilised animal - but human in a way smile

Looking forward to the next part (as always)! smile1

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
So, this is what we get after a nice, long, waff-filled rid like Aussie Rules... Man, was that hard to read! You've set up an awful scenario, so well written, that's almost impossible not to imagine the situation with all its details. But I know we can count on a happy ending for our favorite couple (we can, can't we? dizzy ), so you got me along for the ride (just make sure you add up a little waff to make it up... not to us, but to poor L&C laugh )

Looking forward to more!

Cris
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Oh, I just know this story is going to be an excellent read! In some ways it reminds me of Awaken My Heart in that one is captive and one is the 'captor' - only this time the roles are reversed - and I can just see Lois looking out for Clark as he did for her in AMH.

I do wonder if he can ever return to the world as 'Clark Kent'... in other words, how many people know of his true identity? At least with the way he looks now compared to the way he will look once he has had a haircut, shave and his body is healed, I am sure no-one would recognise him as the former prisoner.

This is an intriguing scenario and I can't wait to read more. I wish you could post more often, but then I always wish that. LOL

Looking forward to the next part with great anticipation!

smile1

Cheers
Elizabeth

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I'm already holding my breath for the first time Lois will interact with The Alien. Wonderfully written and I can't wait to seeing this play out hyper

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
L
Blogger
Blogger
L
I'm loving this! You are setting the story and background up very well. You are giving us many questions we want answered, and therefore are hooking us into the story very well. As a writer, it's fun not to give all your answers away right from the start. That's why there's also an 'end.' goofy

My heart goes out for Clark, but I am really enjoying that, only the second chapter into the story, we are only seeing slow progress toward a hopeful jail break smile The pacing you have is working for me.

You've got a great story!

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. -- Albert Einstein
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Oooooh! More, more asap!!!!!

Poor Clark... And poor Lois mecry

EvelynC
Merriwether
Merriwether
Just read the prologue, 1, and 2 tonight. This story is highly disturbing -- in what has happened to Clark, and in that this isn't something that can ever be "fixed", even with Lois's arrival -- yet just as highly compelling. I find myself nearly desperate for Lois to get rid of the three "assistants", especially Moyne, who likely is a Trask-duplicate who does very bad things when no one else is around.

It also occurred to me that this story is a flip of "Awaken My Heart", of what could have easily happened to Lois had Kal not had the power to protect her that he did. Horrible and heartbreaking and just awful. Yet I can't look away.

Please help him!

Kathy

Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Mozartmaid Yeah, I did warn that the early parts of the fic are tough going.

Vicki

things will continue to get better for Clark in each new chapter.
Clark's life is always better when Lois is in it.

DW Clark *has* been through a lot. Lois has been through a lot. Maybe they need each other ... just a thought. wink

Cristina

So, this is what we get after a nice, long, waff-filled rid like Aussie Rules...
Yeah ... AR was like a nice walk in the park on a summer evening.

This is not!

Elizabeth Uhmm ... Awaken My Heart. You know, when AR was drawing to a close, and I had to choose what to write next, it came down to two fics. Both of them, and AMH, have similar themes. confused

Michael Interaction - can take various forms. That's all I'm saying!

LadyMoira

it's fun not to give all your answers away right from the start.
True, but in this case, I'm not sure I could give all the answers in just a few parts.

(I got TMTY 2, part 3, back from Iolanthe today, and at the end of the file, she wrote about a page of questions. lol

Trask has employed a female scientist to test the alien. The original govt agent asks Lois if she will swap with the scientist and work undercover to both get Trask and find out exactly what sort of a threat the alien is to earth’s inhabitants.
My file is still called 'The Alien and the Lady Scientist' but as you can see, the story has evolved a long way from the original idea.

Thank you so much to everyone who read the first few parts. I know they aren't 'enjoyable' in that sense, but hopefully, by the end, you'll understand the need for the rather disturbing start.

Corrina.

F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Just read the first three parts. Interesting.

"He has killed?" she asked evenly.

"Yes, twice. Both were assistants who went into his cell without protection."
How long till Lois figures out that Trask killed those two for trying to talk with/treat Clark as a person?

When you archive it I would suggest dropping the Prologue. For me at least I was turned off by another Trask gets to torture Clark tale.

These tales bother me for several reasons which I won't bother you with. If I was reading it on the archive I likely would not have read past the prologue.

BTW since she can't trust Clark with a razor I'd suggest a depilatory such as this beard removal cream .

I'd also like to see one of the assistants try to intimidate her and need to be taken down, just because bullies only respect those they believe are stronger.

As soon as Shadbolt sees her as stronger he will switch into suckup mode so quick Lois won't know what hit her.

Originally posted by Vicki:
I'm wondering why Clark hasn't spoken. Nothing in Trask's report seems to indicate he has said a word since his capture.
Likely he is concerned that anyone he talks with, like the two assistants who went into his cell without protection, will be killed by Trask. It would be like Clark to beat himself up over their deaths.

Clearly Lois is going to redefine the mission and in doing so I expect she will encounter resistance. If she handles it quickly and very directly I see the three assistants slotting themselves into their new roles and being willing to back her when it is time for her to defy those above her in the chain of command.

Next question to speculate about; who is ill or dying in Metropolis, causing Lois to want to stay there?

Framework4
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
by Framework4:
When you archive it I would suggest dropping the Prologue. For me at least I was turned off by another Trask gets to torture Clark tale.
I respectfully disagree. I feel the prologue is necessary to show where Clark is, how he got there, and the nature of his enemy.

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I agree with IolantheAlias; the prologue is important to this story. It needs to be included.

Cheers
Elizabeth

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
wow, this fic is amazing!!!!! I am so intrigued by it. And boy, I hate Trask even more!

LOIS:I don't like you.
MAYSON: Really? Oh god, that is such a relief - I don't like you either.
LOIS: That makes me feel so much better
Top Banana
Top Banana
Originally posted by Framework4:
Likely he is concerned that anyone he talks with, like the two assistants who went into his cell without protection, will be killed by Trask.
Perhaps. My original thought was that it had something to do with the operation performed on him. I imagined they'd cut his vocal cords or something. But, since that would be permanent, and I doubt Corrina intends to keep him mute throughout the entire story, I discarded that idea as soon as it came to me. huh

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
Merriwether
Merriwether
Framework wrote:
It would be like Clark to beat himself up over their deaths.
I think he would, too, but not because he felt responsible for them. Remember, he was a 20-21 year old college student when he was kidnapped, imprisoned, and tortured. He's obviously mentally stronger than most, but he was still very young when all this happened and there is no way he'd come out of this without being permanently traumatized. I would imagine he's either been conditioned not to talk (maybe Trask beat him more when he tried or else he is doing it out of defiance if everything he said was just turned around or used against him) or he's figured out that anyone who does try to talk to him ends up dead. He's learned to withdraw as a way to stay alive.

Kathy (who carefully walked out between two parked cars today and thought, "If I were Trask, there'd be a bus." wink My only problem with his death so early in the story is that he can't be tortured himself in proportion to what he's done to Clark. The characters may not seek revenge, but we readers sure want it!)

Top Banana
Top Banana
Or, maybe he simply didn't have anything to say in the two short scenes we've witnessed so far. Imagine Lois' shock the first time she enters the room and Clark looks up to ask, "Who are you?" laugh

Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Framework If I dropped the prologue, I would have to give that information in the story, and I really wanted to keep Trask *out* of the story. The results of his actions are crucial to the story, but he isn't.

Iolanthe and Elizabeth Thanks for your thoughts.

bellarase I've always seen Trask as having a really mean streak that makes him capable of almost anything.

Vicki

Imagine Lois' shock the first time she enters the room and Clark looks up to ask, "Who are you?"
That would be very funny. It wouldn't fit in this fic, but it's still rotflol

Kathy Trask deserves retribution, but I don't think it would help the recovery of Lois and Clark. Anyway, I just wanted rid of him, so I put him under a bus. laugh

Thanks so much for the comments, everyone.

Corrina.

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
oh God ... I have so much to say, so little time and so little English!! I hope the google translator does not fail me ... help

Every sentence, every scene that takes place in my mind as I read the story, I am filled with sorrow, pain and a terrible desire to enter that cell, open the door and hug Clark, clean their wounds and bathe his body ... although this last idea to bring blush to my cheeks ... blush

What's in the past of Lois? why the need to stay in Metropolis? Glad Lois, despite their tumultuous past experience remains good and is in humanity that Clark tried to seize the last seven years

About the alleged double murder, I think the real culprit was Mogne and / or Trask and incriminated the poor and helpless CK ...

I keep reading ... thumbsup

Clark: "So what are you saying? I should go crawling back on my hands and knees?"
Martha: "No, honey. Fly back. It's faster!!"

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard