Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Would you like previews?

There were fifteen minutes until the agreed meeting time.

Fifteen minutes for Daniel Scardino to gather his thoughts.

Although it wouldn't be completely surprising if she arrived early.

He'd never met her, but he knew her by reputation. Even in an organisation so secret that people had died rather than admit to its existence, it was hard for someone so brilliant to remain anonymous.

She wasn't yet thirty - but her string of accomplishments was long and impressive.

She was bold, intuitive, assertive, single-minded, uncompromising, and fearless.

In short, she was the consummate secret agent.
Thanks!

Corrina.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I think this one might be too harsh for me Corrina, but maybe I'll pick it up half way through in hopes of it being kinder to Clark. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
B
Blogger
Blogger
B
I agree. I'm a huge fan of yours Corinna, but I can't stand torturefics. I can't stand even those of the hurt/comfort variety; they really turn my stomach. Even this was almost too much to take, and that's because we didn't see any of the actual torture; it was only mentioned.

This seems like powerful stuff -- but watching Clark be tortured (even knowing that you probably won't let him die) for an extended period, or even for a short period if the torture is intense, is not, for me, a good time.

I realize you probably don't want to spoil your story for other readers, so would you mind sending me a PM to let me know whether there will be a lot of torture in this story? I hope that's not too much to ask. If it is the case that there will be torture, I'm (very regretfully) going to have to give it a miss, so I really hope it's not.

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Corrina has always written such smile-provoking tales, that I think this one might be a set up. She is giving us all the bad news up front to set up all the good stuff for later. My advice is to hold off on getting gloomy about this dark subject matter and trust her. She has always left us wanting more, and this one doesn't start that way, so she is setting us up to drop the good stuff on us soon. (My prediction. If I am wrong I'm sorry for misdirecting everyone.)

Pat

Top Banana
Top Banana
Well, I'm interested! I joined the boards too late to start in on 'Aussie Rules,' though I'm reading it now (up to part 10 so far!). So I'm excited to start at the beginning of this fic. So far what I've seen of your writing has intrigued me, so I'm willing to go on the ride!

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Wow! What a way to start! The prologue certainly has me keen to see what happens next. I don't mind angst in a fic, just makes the nice bits that (hopefully) come later all that much nicer. Am very interested to see where you are taking this story. Looking forward to the your next post.

Cheers
Elizabeth

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I got the chapter for beta and went, "Wow!"

Inviting someone into your house, and having them suddenly assault you with a deadly weapon and kidnap you - it's just... not right. But it's the kind of thing that good stories are made of!

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Bring on the pain! I'm all in for some angst and suffering, especially if we get a good rescue attempt at some point. laugh

Nice start,
JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Wow!! Powerful beginning and such a tough and sad set up for Clark, as well as Martha and Jonathan. eek Although so far, I don't think it's too difficult for me, but I hope it won't get any darker -- your warnings seem to say that it won't, so I am ready to be patient for its progress. I'm also assuming that your mention of it being several stories means that this one will resolve in a few chapters and not keep us in this stance for too long. Otherwise help

EvelynC
D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
Definitely wow!

The angst isn't too much for me yet, and as someone noted, it will make the nice/sweet parts that much better.

I think the consummate spy is .... Lois, but then again, I may totally wrong.

I'm looking forward to where this will go, so I'm definitely in smile

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Oooh, strong start.

I actually expected Trask to kill M&J. peep Glad he didn't.

Uhm, how did Clark survive the first bullet? After all, the green-K usually made him immediately vulnerable on the show.

Oh, and the consummate secret agent sounds a lot like Lois. Can't wait to finding out what you twisted to bring her onto this path. And of course, she will meet the prisoner, rescue him, etc. etc...

Can't wait for the next part. Don't mind the torture. Much better than torturing Lois. blush

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Laura Thanks for your thoughts. It does get smoother.

Betty I PMed you with some details. Clark won't die. Neither will Lois.

Pat Thanks so much for the vote of confidence smile No apology necessary!

Mozartmaid Hi! Thanks, I hope you like the ride.

Elizabeth I agree. Angst has a purpose.

Iolanthe Another part is written - I'll edit it and get it into your box.

Jen A rescue? Maybe.

Evelyn There will be mini-resolutions. However, the truth is that the only reason I've split this into separate stories is that I don't want to write another looooong story right now. So, I'm writing multiple short ones!!

DW Tolerance of angst is such an individual thing. Lois? A spy? wink

Michael

Uhm, how did Clark survive the first bullet? After all, the green-K usually made him immediately vulnerable on the show.
Well, yes and no. If it really was that simple why didn't someone simply walk up to Superman with K in one hand and a gun in the other and shoot him? Why did Luthor need that huge weapon that I can picture but can't remember the name of? Why didn't Luthor shoot Superman when he had him in the K cage?

In the show, the effects varied a little. In GGGoH, Clark was slightly affected because K was in the vicinity. Remember the paper cut? Yet, in later eps, there must have been K in Metropolis, but it didn't seem to affect him unless he was directly exposed.

This bit will come out in the fic, but I'm going to explain it now to avoid confusion ...

In this fic, exposure to the K has an immediate effect in that Clark suffers debilitating pain and weakness. This stops soon after the K is taken away. However, the level of his powers (and invulnerability) slides up and down depending on how much exposure and how long ago he was exposed. He won't have super vision and hearing, for example, if he's had a lot of exposure. However, they will return - and strengthen - the longer he goes without being exposed to K.

A couple of general points.

I'm deliberately keeping the FDK-FDK short - not because I don't appreciate the FDK (I do dance ) but I don't want to give anything away.

Also ... there is a bit in Part 1 that could be taken as really gruesome. I didn't realise until the BRs made comments. There is a hint about something, but no detail. If you have an active imagination, you might come to some really bad conclusions. However, the reality is not as bad as some of the BRs were thinking. I am still trying to decide on the best way to deal with it. I can't write it out because that will significantly change the story.

I will probably add to the post in the WHAM warning thread - giving a bit more detail - so if you're at all concerned, read that before reading the part.

Corrina.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Ah, okay, slightly altered K-effect from your run-of-the-mill variety smile Given my own plans and interpretations, who am I to complain shock But that's just because it's the worst case scenario. It's probably just some standard government treatment of 'The Alien'. And this entire section is probably just some evil author's ploy to get some of these in here: wildguy wildguy wildguy wildguy
Next part? Please? wildguy Soon? wildguy /adds cherry to top of pointy stick/

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
L
Blogger
Blogger
L
I might be a rare breed of reader where I really don't mind angst at all. You got me hooked right away, and your characterization of Trask is excellent. He's a villain I've debated about using as a villain for me, but I've decided to go another route for one I am currently working on, which will involve angst as well.

So know that you will me as a follower for angst, and it doesn't bother me. It makes the moments of triumph all the more greater, and when you have a great hero, it's because you have a great villain.

I am one where, if I ask a question, and you know the answer will be revealed in the story, I don't mind you suspending me with curiosity by saying "just you wait!" wink

Like mozartmaid, I joined here a bit late to read the Aussie Rules, though I did glance at it here and there. You've got me hooked with this story! Bring on the core stuff of what Clark is made of!

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. -- Albert Einstein
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Michael

And this entire section is probably just some evil author's ploy to get some of these in here
LOL - Actually it was the evil author worrying because her BRs had mentioned some of what they were thinking eek .

ladymoira

Bring on the core stuff of what Clark is made of!
That comment is so apt for this story. What I love about Clark is his strength of character. If the villains/tests are so-so, he doesn't need to show the depths of that strength.

Thanks,

Corrina.

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
oooh I'm sorry!! I made a mistake! I just posted a comment directly on the story!!
sorry about that whinging

Clark: "So what are you saying? I should go crawling back on my hands and knees?"
Martha: "No, honey. Fly back. It's faster!!"
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Don't worry about posting in the wrong thread, chelo. Perhaps LabRat will move it. help

Thanks for the comments. I can tell you that the journey of this story is neither short nor smooth, but I hope that when (if?) you finish, you will be glad you read it.

Corrina.

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Originally posted by Female Hawk:
Don't worry about posting in the wrong thread, chelo. Perhaps LabRat will move it. help

Thanks for the comments. I can tell you that the journey of this story is neither short nor smooth, but I hope that when (if?) you finish, you will be glad you read it.

Corrina.
I second that. It took me 3 days to read this story, and I dreamed about it when I wasn't reading it. Excellent. Outstanding. I ...don't have words.

Read on. notworthy

"It's the mythology of a sun god who wished he was a man because he saw something so great in us.
It's the story of a hero who could move whole worlds and see through stars and hear a whisper on the other side of the planet...
...and who fell in love with a storyteller." - ashmaht (x)
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Chelo:

Just roll with it and read, this fic took over a week for me to read, but it was worth it.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
I actually just finished reading 'Trusting Me, Trusting You' over on the archive. I've been an L&C fan since the show was airing, but I somehow never knew there was an active fandom until recently.

Anyway, I just wanted to say that I really really LOVED 'Trusting Me, Trusting You' and I thought that your writing and the way you handled the story was just phenomenal. I know it's going to be one of those stories that stays with me forever, and probably in a few months I'll start forgetting it was a fanfic, and not a storyline of one of the comics. I look forward to seeing where you go with the prequel - in the fandom I write the most for, I'm known as the Queen of Sturm und Drang, so this is just right up my alley. laugh

~Pris
==================================
One time, I met Dean Cain. He picked me up and joked it wasn't too late for me to marry Superman. It was awesome.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard