Next Thread
Print Thread
D
Deja Vu Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
D
All right. Now it's time for the thanks...

Firstly, thanks to DW for her brainstorming help. She helped me work through the earlier outline for this and figure out bits of the plotline, giving some great ideas. She also helped me fix some mistakes of the "oops" variety. laugh

Secondly, thanks to Corrina for her BR. She is very skilled at realizing what's missing and helping things (sentences or otherwise) run more smoothly. She was especially patient in helping me with the epilogue, which has changed quite a bit (in a good way!) from the original short and lackluster version.

Thirdly, thanks to the reviewers. It always helps motivate an author to know that someone out there is paying attention. laugh Your feedback has been much appreciated. Thanks for sticking on despite any bumps. This would be a good opportunity to give me some constructive criticism regarding the fic in general! It might be a while before I send this to the archive, but anything you tell me will be put in my notes, and I will try to work to make the fic a smoother one.

Thanks again!
Deja Vu

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
smile eek clap

Thanks for giving us such a wonderful, and *daily* ride!

Michael

Edit:
Loisette watched with a smile as her husband interacted with their youngest child. She wished her own father had exhibited just some of the understanding that Clarkent seemed to have naturally. If her father had paid just a bit more attention to her and a bit less attention to the ghost of her mother, it would have made her feel so much better. Clarkent was such a good father. Her children were so fortunate to have him.
And this one here with little Lois was a really great touch clap

PS: Did they ever tell Gawain that he's named after his mother? laugh

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
Aww, thanks.

It really was a pleasure and was a good excuse to procrastinate!

I really liked the "oops" variety mistakes ... they were really funny at times wink

smile

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
A true blend of pre-Lois&Clark and a tale of love without cultural bounds. This was a wonderful fairy tale of the characters we all love to read about and days gone by. I loved your light touch with heavy subjects (such as sword fights.) Thanks so much for this story.

T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
As with Aussie Rules, I have to admit that I didn't expect to enjoy this story.

First, I don't like stories about children. Luckily Lois and Clark were old enough to be considered 'faux' adults, especially considering the time and how people of that era had to grow up a lot faster than we do now.

Also, the setting is not one I thought would be able to embrace within a Lois and Clark context.

Happily, I admit that I was wrong. I really enjoyed the story and found myself looking forward to the daily posts.

The 'spunky' young Loisette, and the wise beyond his years, Clarkent were really spot on character wise.

Definately an excellant story and one I found quite entertaining to read.

Tank (who wonders why everyone was still calling Kallel Clarkent even though his true name had been revealed and his kingship was gained because of it)

Merriwether
Merriwether
I found the epilogue sweet and delightful. smile You did a great job wrapping up a lot of loose ends -- ones I'd even forgotten about, like James going to see his parents (and maybe even someday being transformed back by love thumbsup ) and giving both Catherine and Dan a happy ending. Jumping that far into the future was a nice touch, showing us that they are still happy and have brought peace and happiness to the reunited kingdom.

I've already given you my constructive criticism in the last feedback thread, so I'll just take this opportunity to thank you for all the time you spent on researching and writing this story, and especially for sharing it with us. I'm not sure what I'm going to do now that I won't have a new chapter to look forward to every day! I'll really miss watching this delightful tale unfold. smile

Kathy

Blogger
Blogger
The epilogue was amazing! Great how you pulled everything together and created both happy endings and yet the possibilities of more.

I agree with Kathy B., I'm going to be sad that more chapters aren't going to be posted. smile1

Thank you for sharing your story and letting us enjoy Lois and Clark in this setting. smile clap

You are a great writer. notworthy hail

D
Deja Vu Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
D
Michael-- Heh heh. It was initially four kids. laugh As for a next-gen story, well, I wouldn't know where to start. :p
And this one here with little Lois was a really great touch
Glad you liked that. A lot of that was Corrina. laugh

As for whether they told Gawain, well, if they did, I'm sure he didn't quite appreciate it!

DW-- Recently, while studying for the master's exam, I saw this in an Edward Taylor poem: "When Thy Bright Beans, my Lord, do strike mine Eye,"--and then I laughed for about five minutes about the Lord's bright beans. laugh So much cooler than bright beams. Oops mistakes can be very funny indeed.

angelsgmaw-- I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Tank-- I'm glad you liked it, even if it was unexpected. I am generally not a big fan of stories about children either--I definitely considered them faux adults while writing them...but with a bit more playfulness.

Kathy-- Glad you found the epilogue "sweet and delightful." smile I sent Corrina a list of things I could cover in the epilogue, and she helped me decide what to include. Now, I'm trying to think of more things to add to the story--ways for Loisette to show more heart and ways for the villains to show more villainy. I might even add in more of the dragon. laugh

Plain Jane-- I'm sorry there's no more! But maybe when it hits the archives there will be a few new surprises. smile

--------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks to everyone for your support!
Deja Vu

M
Blogger
Blogger
M
This story was so awesome and amazingly written. Well worth the read. I loved it from beginning to end. Loved the orginality of it. Loved all of Gawain and clarks adventures. I was so sad to see it end. You really did a great job with this story. Loved how quick you updated and props to finishing the story. I really hope you have more stories in your arsenol. I look foreward to reading more from you.

D
Deja Vu Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
D
Mika-- I'm so glad to hear you liked it! laugh Writing it was certainly a fun challenge. I've even lately been brainstorming some new scenes (and an adventure or two) to add to the story before I send it to the archive, so there will hopefully be a few new surprises when I finally figure out what all to include! smile

M
Blogger
Blogger
M
Excellent, I look foreward to reading it again and again with the additions. I love AU stories and you did an amazing job. Be Proud!!!

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard