Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#74952 11/01/10 12:20 AM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Well, that's all FoLCs (except for the Epilogue!)

Some thank yous ...

To Deja Vu - great beta job, DJV. Thanks for patiently explaining stuff about grammar that must have been taught on days when I wasn't at school wink . Thanks also for your constant enthusiasm and great suggestions.

To Lynn - you always managed to find something that everyone else missed! Thanks for 'listening' to me when parts wouldn't come together properly, and for your never-flagging encouragement.

To everyone who read the fic - WOW! I'm honoured that you took the time to read a fic that seemed like it was never going to end. Thanks to everyone who left FDK - it kept me writing AR when my muse wanted to go chasing other ideas.

I looked for a suitable preview of the Epilogue, but anything I post will give too much away. However, I'll try to get the Epilogue posted quickly.

Thanks!

Corrina.

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
It was nice to see their wedding through so many eyes. And it gave us a way to smile at the way they struggled with the now familiar terms, etc clap

It was obvious that Lois's friends were delighted that she was with Clark. It took Alice a little while to work out that when they mentioned 'Rubber', they were actually referring to Clark. She wondered how they had arrived at that association but decided it would be diplomatic not to ask. It took her a lot longer to deduce that 'Flinders' was the soon-to-be bride.
"Ya here for the Rubber/Flinders wedding?" laugh

Perry spent a long time talking with a large, loud man who introduced himself as Paul Brown but insisted on being called Browny. He was Lois's editor, and, by the end of the conversation, their beer glasses were empty, and they had agreed upon the logistics of how they were going to share the two love-struck reporters.
laugh

"The team Lois roots for?" Perry asked.

An inscrutable expression crossed Clark's face. "Ah ... no," he said. "She barracks for them. They ... ah ... they don't say they root for a team here."
laugh

Lois, having moved in with Ron and Barb, had given them the use of her apartment, and Clark had bunked at Banjo's house.
Huh, poor Lois. She's actually married to her husband before the wedding and on the same continent and yet, they have to wait till their honeymoon laugh

Lois grinned at his question. "Here's the deal, big guy," she said. "You can call me Mrs Kent only under certain conditions."

"Being?"

"You must be naked."
laugh But What if Clark wants to call Lois "Mrs. Kent" over the phone while he's in the newsroom. Won't that confuse Mayson all over again, seeing him naked and without his wife next to him. confused

Lois laughed. "You'll be summoned."

"Summoned, huh? That sounds like fun."
Hey, Lois could put up a bat-signal on the tower laugh

"Sure," she said. A low groan escaped from her mouth, and Clark felt the reverberations of it sizzle across his nerve endings. "Aussie Rules."
And all this time, I thought the title referred to Aussie Rules football. But no, it's just Lois demanding her husband fulfills his husbandly duties devil

Wonderful story, Corrina. I'm way too scared to check to see when you started to post, and I don't want to, actually. It's been way too fun a ride to contemplate the before. Or the after. So, how far along is your new fic? And will it be another short one? You know, 25-30 parts, like AR laugh

Michael

PS: You did mention stuff about the epilogue a while ago, but as far as our favorite couple is concerned, this already felt like a well-rounded ending. Doesn't mean I'm not hyping for the epilogue.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
R
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
R
Very nicely done. I also enjoyed the side story about Australian football. Bit there is nothing better than L&C young and happily in love without much angst.

Kathy
www.chili-everyway.com

robinson
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Corrina, thanks for an amazing ride!!! Though it was not 100% angst-free, there were any major problems for our favorite couple and you gave us the chance to simply enjoy their relationship. It is one of the most enjoyable stories I've read in a while and I'm sure that I'll re-read it again as soon as it hits the archives (and it most likely one be a one time thing wink )

As for the wrap up (minus the epilogue), it was perfect. Everyone that matter was there (except the Lanes, but hey, what can you do?), it was a perfect setting, perfect vows, perfect ending.

Loved it!!! Looking forward to the epilogue and to your next story! ('cause I hope you have a 'next' planned already laugh )

Cris
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Awesome ending to an awesome story. I loved that Perry and Alice provided the fresh eyes for the scenes in Melbourne. Just an awesome wrap up!
Many thanks for a view of a different world for me.
regards
Artemis
Still looking forward to the Epilogue!

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Corrina,

No thanks necessary -- It has been my honour and my privilege to have been able to BR Aussie Rules. And I share my nefarious motives with Iolanthe -- I love being able to get sneak previews of your stories. smile

I definitely see Autssie Rules earning you another Kerth or two (at least) to put on your virtual mantelpiece. Brava!

Joy,
Lynn

D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
Excellent ending (minus the epilogue, coz everyone wants that part too) to a brilliant story! clap

I also enjoyed the wedding being told by multiple points of view and not understanding terms we also once didn't understand.

Like the others, this part was beautifully written and really tied up the story well (as will the epilogue, I'm sure wink

I almost didn't want to read this part only because the story is coming to an end and I cannot tell you how happy I am that it didn't turn out to be 30 parts like you predicted.

Looking forward to the epilogue!

smile

D
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
D
Corrina, this really was a pleasure to read! You put such care into crafting your story, and it shows--you are very much the artist when it comes to this.

This worked out so incredibly well. You made it very believable that Lois could be a footy journo, and you made it quite exciting. The relationship between Lois and Clark was all kinds of wonderful every step of the way.

In short, this was a fantastic story, and I was very pleased to BR (even if it was only "25-30" parts wink )!!

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
oh how i loved this story!! Again, THANK YOU for taking the time to share this tale with us! I'm serious that I will never be able to hear about australia without thinking of this fic!!!

LOIS:I don't like you.
MAYSON: Really? Oh god, that is such a relief - I don't like you either.
LOIS: That makes me feel so much better
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
This was another one of your masterpieces! There were so many times you took a different route than the normal and the twists and turns made this a very, very enjoyable tale. Thank you so much for blending footy with our favorite super-hero in a delightful story. I would love to see a sequel to this one, too.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I have to say that I really enjoyed and looked forward to this love story, despite all the foreign footy stuff. I have never been a sports person and footy was not anything I would have ever taken the slightest interest in. However, you made the people watching and playing come to life in a unique way. I could feel their joy and suffering over the teams wins and losses. You made their struggle understandable. This story is very well written.

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
I have to admit that I never thought that I'd really like this story. Early on I was continually unimpressed that Lois was 'only' a football journalist. I had a hard time justifying that such a thing would be 'worthy' of a Lois Lane.

All that said, I will admit that I thoroughly enjoyed the story. The backstory and how it 'motivated' Lois was solid and believable. I really enjoyed the fact that when Lois and Clark had problems they actually 'talked' to each other and worked them out.

It could be said that in this story everything rolled along much too smoothly, but sometimes that's nice to read.

Overall an excellant story, and one that I found myself eagerly awaiting the next instalment.

Also, I'd like to thank Corrina for allowing me to play with her characters in my own twisted little ficlet.

Tank (who sees the gentle readers going to want to know more about the eventual living arrangements and how Lois does as a reporter at the Planet)

Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Michael

And all this time, I thought the title referred to Aussie Rules football.
How on earth did you get *that* idea, Michael? wink wink

So, how far along is your new fic? And will it be another short one? You know, 25-30 parts, like AR
Yes and no!

It might end up as 30 parts in total, but I'm writing it as short stories. The first one is just about finished (8 parts).

PS: You did mention stuff about the epilogue a while ago, but as far as our favorite couple is concerned, this already felt like a well-rounded ending.
Very true - and the story definitely ends with Part 68. The epilogue is probably not really necessary - but I enjoyed it (and I had the epilogue planned a long, long time ago.)

Kathy Yeah - I enjoyed the break from too much angst. Glad the footy was enjoyable.

Cristina I'm so glad you liked the wedding. It wasn't a part of my original plan, but when FDKers asked for it, I felt I had to make it significantly different from the first wedding - hence the footy theme.

Artemis The different POVs were all about making this wedding different. I wasn't sure how it would work - in fact I made a *very* last minute change - but it seems to have worked well.

Lynn I have no doubt that AR is better because of your input. smile

DW 30 parts! I actually went back and re-read the FDK thread for part 1 last night. I predicted about 30 parts then!!! blush blush

Deja Vu You took a lot of my sentences and smoothed them out beautifully. Thanks!

bellarase It was a pleasure to bring something of my country to people who may not have ever visited. Thanks for your interest.

Pat 68 parts and I'm all ARed out! So glad you enjoyed the ride!

Laura I really appreciate your comments. Early in the fic, I needed to try to explain how much footy means or else no one would understand the fight over the proposed merger. I'm really glad it worked without taking away the LnC flavour of the fic.

Thank you all so much for reading and commenting. It was a fun ride for me and having so many FoLCs along with me was incredible.

Corrina.

Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Tank Thanks for sticking with the fic despite some issues with Lois's job. I was working towards the investigative genius we know Lois is, but it took some time to get there!

Yeah - it was smooth, but I felt like smooth. (And it was already long enough without adding some problems just to provide some rough spots.)

Thanks, Tank.

Corrina.

Kerth
Kerth
I'm a bit "meaugh.." about series rewrites etc. but this one worked pretty well, and the unusual setting made a big difference. Thanks!

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I enjoyed it very much, dance

EvelynC
M
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
M
I'd like to see a sequel set a few years down the road to see how they are doing.

Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Marcus Really? Series re-writes are my favourites. Thanks for reading anyway; glad you liked the setting.

Evelyn I'm glad you liked the wedding, Evelyn. Two in one fic, hey?

Meadowrose The epilogue sort of covered most of what happened, although without much detail.

Thanks,

Corrina.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard