Next Thread
Print Thread
D
Deja Vu Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
D
Sorry this was late. I've been studying for my master's comprehensive exam, and last night I was too tired to post.

Next time will be the last part--the epilogue!

Blogger
Blogger
Good luck on the exam, I understand how crazy Master's programs can get! But very glad you found time to post today!! hyper

Merriwether
Merriwether
I've gotten to catch up on the last three parts all at once today. I can't believe the story is almost over! I've really enjoyed having it to read these last several weeks. smile

I like all the nods to the Arthurian legend and how Clark was finally discovered to be King. We all knew it was coming, but it was still nice to watch it unfold. smile Seeing King North take care of Tempos, only to have him felled by one of his own men (and kudos to the references to Ching & Zara as the honorable ones among the Green Guard!) was a good way to get the bad guys out of the way, all taken care of by their own bad karma. Heh.

I also really liked how Loisette and Peri got rid of the Black Mage. The Rumplestiltskin story was reinvented well for this story, and it brought a smile to my face when Loisette was able to banish him. Very cute!

And finally, although it, too, was expected, it was great to see Loisette and Clarkent marry and reunite the two kingdoms into one. goofy But this has been such an enjoyable story for me, I felt that the comments deserved the same attention that has clearly gone into the research and the writing.

Bring on that epilogue! I am really looking forward to the epilogue and seeing King Kallel and Queen Loisette get their happily ever after. twins

(And good luck on your comps! I remember what a big deal that is from when my husband was in grad school, so I'm sending good test taking vibes in your direction. smile )

Kathy

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Like before, his chest bore a rearing dragon, which he and Loisette had learned was the symbol of Kryptonian royalty.
Okay, now *that* surprises me. Given how well-read Lois is and her friendship with Herbie and Peri, shouldn't she have known about the crests of Kryptonia and Solaria before then? Especially, since she almost immediately knew about the Solarian carpet and the d... on it.

The Black Mage stared with no small measure of bitterness as people stepped forward to swear fealty to Kryptonia’s new king.
Oh-oh?

If only he had known the stableboy was a king--then he could have really caused some mischief. Maybe he could have even “befriended” him, cultivating good relations for the time when the boy became Kryptonia’s ruler. But that despicable White Mage had kept the boy’s identity under wraps.
Poor Mage...

Even after the king died, he figured he could at least make the dead man roll over in his grave by ruining his only child.
Yes, having her run around like a boy, that's bound to ruin her. He would have been much better off, had he twisted the spell so she could fair a fate more similar to that of Catherine. But well, it's his own fault, making sure she was always seen as a boy no matter what hyper

Good luck on the exam!

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
D
Deja Vu Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
D
Plain Jane-- Thanks! laugh
Since I haven't seen to the end of the 4th seson, my roommate (who started my L&C addiction) had to explain how the name came into play. But even without that knowledge, it was excellently explained.
Haha. Well, I am glad you had someone to explain it to you! laugh

Kathy-- Glad you liked the Arthurian stuff and the felling of bad guys by their own bad karma, heh. smile I did have fun using the Rumplestiltskin story, I must say!

Your point about L&C is well taken. I guess I have a problem knowing when something is banter and when something has slightly more sinister undercurrents, it seems, as I definitely didn't intend for Loisette to come off badly (or for Clarkent to seem like a doormat). For the archive version, I'll definitely work on the places you mentioned in this chapter and try to figure out if I can do any softening in other chapters. If you also notice anything along these lines in the epilogue, please let me know. smile

Thanks for the good test-taking vibes! I will need all of that which I can get! laugh

Michael-- Guess I still have some bumps to work out. laugh Thanks for the feedback!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Thank you muchly for feedin' back again, you three! laugh
Deja

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard