Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#74896 10/28/10 10:57 AM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Stay tuned for a WAFFy epilogue! laugh

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
#74897 10/28/10 02:13 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Whew, Clark was able to capture Lex without any trouble at all! I was hopeful, given that it was the second to last chapter, but it was good to see it. thumbsup

It was also a nice touch to have Clark show his humanity to Lex, and Lex realize the significance. I'm not sure he would have been angered by it; I was expecting him to be more derisive -- after all, that's exactly what made him so sure he'd win over Superman in the first place, that Superman cared about people while Lex didn't -- but I can accept that this is Lex about to go over the edge anyway and it would change him.

The only part I had some questions about was the stuff in the police station. First, how can Henderson be so sure that no one will believe that CK=S? It's one thing to say Lex is crazy, but even the subject coming up will cast suspicion on Clark (a la Top Copy) unless he has an alibi. So how about Henderson providing a cover for Clark? He's supposed to still be in police custody, right? So maybe you could compress the timeline a bit to make all this happen before daybreak (and thus when Clark's window of freedom will expire and other cops on duty will notice he's gone) and have Henderson tell Lex that "One problem with that story, Luthor. While Superman was bringing you in, Clark Kent was in police custody. You're clearly one taco short of a combo plate." wink Then Clark can slip back into his cell (not the same one Luthor is using) and Henderson can make a show of releasing him when Lois gets there. Anyway, just an idea ... you might want something completely different. smile

Looking forward to that WaFFy epilogue. smile

Kathy

#74898 10/28/10 04:51 PM
Blogger
Blogger
I was wondering that same thing. If Clark was supposed to be in Prison, how was Luthor and Clark supposed to share the same cell. Though the irony of the situation is a good twist.

That part was the only confusing part for me.

Yes, Lois is a much better liar than Clark, but thats what makes Clark, well, Clark and so likable.

Did someone say Epilogue? grovel

#74899 10/28/10 05:18 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yes, it would be good to have Lex discredited, but can it be done?

#74900 10/28/10 09:04 PM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
First, how can Henderson be so sure that no one will believe that CK=S? It's one thing to say Lex is crazy, but even the subject coming up will cast suspicion on Clark (a la Top Copy) unless he has an alibi.
My idea was that the THREAT of a mental institution would keep Luthor's mouth shut and hopefully destroy his credibility if he did try to say something.

So how about Henderson providing a cover for Clark? He's supposed to still be in police custody, right? So maybe you could compress the timeline a bit to make all this happen before daybreak (and thus when Clark's window of freedom will expire and other cops on duty will notice he's gone) and have Henderson tell Lex that "One problem with that story, Luthor. While Superman was bringing you in, Clark Kent was in police custody. You're clearly one taco short of a combo plate."
This could be possibility... you think it would give more credibility to Lex going crazy over the whole thing? OK, I may work on that before I submit it to the archives

If Clark was supposed to be in Prison, how was Luthor and Clark supposed to share the same cell.
Well, it was Clark's old cell, but if I take KathyB's idea, then that will change as well.

Thanks for the input! I really appreciate it!

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard