OP Offline
Beat Reporter
D
Mostly I like using Tempos for his fairytale references. laugh

The next chapter is..."A Revelatory Shoe."

*big grin*

Blogger
Blogger
Oh My! Loisette really landed in a pickle in this installment.

She frowned to herself. Had he *expected* her to return so quickly? Or had he just told Mishal to wait until she returned? Or was she simply reading too much into it? Her paranoia only seemed to be increasing.
You know, if your paranoia is increasing you should listen to that voice. Hopefully she continues to listen to it throughout the rest of the chapters.

She left the throne room bogged down in such thoughts, and as she traversed the halls to go to her chamber, she noticed there were a lot of guards patrolling the castle. It made her feel ill at ease.
Paranoia, lots of guards, restricted freedoms.... leads to one thing= Tempos is evil and Clarkent is right smile though we all know she will never admit it. smirk

She had always wanted a pegasus, and now, in a way, she was to become one. Just as the flying horse symbolized the royal line, so would she symbolize the fortitude of her people. And if Clarkent’s face happened to pop up in her mind’s eye whenever she thought about the necklace, well, that was just unfortunate. The reason she was wearing it had nothing to do with him.
Right Loisette, you just keep telling yourself that. Loved that segment in the story. Typical Loisette theology to justify not addressing her feelings.

She also needs to learn to sleuth better when following people down dark, secert passages. Especially if it is Tempos who is evil and not to be trusted.

Hmmm... How high up is the window of Loisette's room? Can she escape or better yet, call to James and send for help! Can Loisette go in as Queen and come out as Gawain?

Hmmm... Can't wait till the next part! hyper

Merriwether
Merriwether
Well, let's see ...

Loisette has ignored all the warnings she was given (from not only Clarkent, but also from James & Peri), made too much noise in the secret passage and got herself caught by a murderer, and trapped the one person who can help her in the woods by stealing his horse.

How's that "I know better than any mere stableboy" thing workin' out for ya, Your Majesty? wink

I appreciate her "Ivory Tower" predicament, though. Heh. Is she going to grow her hair? goofy Or maybe James can fly to her window and take a message to the Black Knight? I'm a bit worried we haven't seen Peri in some time ... I hope Tempos didn't mean "fire him" literally and Peri is just hiding out with Aliss. And, of course, I hope little Robert is just stunned and not off to the big cheese wheel in the sky!

Kathy

T
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
T
Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that they aren't out to get you.

I wonder if the fighting animals on the tapestry hiding the passage is significant. Maybe the dark creature is part of Tempos' family crest, and they've always resisted the royal line. Or maybe the whole design indicates a secret passage? Does Loisette have something like that in her room? She should look!

Tempos may be a buffoon, but he's a dangerous one. Where Alexander tried to maintain an image of following the law, Tempos doesn't give a flip what people think of him. Were he to become king, he wouldn't last long - the nobles would band together to unseat him.

Problem is, then they'd have to pick one of their own to rule, and good luck with that! Clarkent still hasn't pulled that sword out of the black rock on the border, so maybe when he does that it will indicate that he's the rightful heir to both thrones. Of course, he's going to have to fight Tempos, and that guy cheats.

The tension is ratcheting up again! I, too, wonder where Peri is, and just who that dark sorcerer is. And you're going to have to write fast to finish all this up in just five more parts! I'm confident that you will, and that you'll give us a moderately happy ending.

Next part is up when?

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
“I ran away,” she returned, curtseying. “Please excuse me. I must go prepare for my coronation.”
eek evil

On a more serious note, we got to get Clarkent the next part and it's got to mean something that Loisette got the Gawain outfit in her room. Could she maybe call upon the d... she met a couple of months ago? Might Gawain ride to safety on it's scaly back? Or will she need the Black Knight to escape?

/waits less then patiently for tomorrow/

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
D
Deja Vu Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
D
Plain Jane-- Heheh. You're right--Loisette definitely needs to work on her sneaking skills!

Can she escape or better yet, call to James and send for help! Can Loisette go in as Queen and come out as Gawain?
*grin*

Kathy-- LOL. Yeah, Loisette has learned that she definitely does not know better than the "mere stableboy" heh heh.

And, of course, I hope little Robert is just stunned and not off to the big cheese wheel in the sky!
Hahaha. What a way of putting it!

Terry--
Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that they aren't out to get you.
Hehe. This is true!!

You're right that Tempos is dangerous due to his lack of concern about people's thoughts of him. But you never know if he'll suddenly decide he wants people to think he's a darn nice guy. wink Buuuuuuuuut probably not.

Problem is, then they'd have to pick one of their own to rule, and good luck with that! Clarkent still hasn't pulled that sword out of the black rock on the border, so maybe when he does that it will indicate that he's the rightful heir to both thrones. Of course, he's going to have to fight Tempos, and that guy cheats.
laugh

Michael-- Yeah, you never know with Tempos--he does have a big tendency to brag.

On a more serious note, we got to get Clarkent the next part and it's got to mean something that Loisette got the Gawain outfit in her room. Could she maybe call upon the d... she met a couple of months ago? Might Gawain ride to safety on it's scaly back? Or will she need the Black Knight to escape?
Yes, there are certain questions to ask, aren't there? smile And answers are coming up!

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks so much for the feedback!!!

Deja Vu

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard