Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
D
All right, now tell me...who expected that? wink

Next chapter's "How to Break a Bond."

Blogger
Blogger
Did not see that one coming! I totally believe that Alexandar would pull something to the effect of forcing Loisette to marry him due to his power hungry craze.

Great job describing the inner conflict of Clarkent kidnapping the Princess and how even though he had to do it, it was with gentleness and not much force. Typical Loisette reactions to the situation. Glad she tried to fight back and showed back bone.

Clarkent's willingness do anything to help the Princess be happy is totally in character. I wish he would hurry up and figure out he's the heir to the Barbarian kingdom so that he can finally "be at her level of nobility". But that is probably still a ways away. *sigh*

Did anyone notice how vague Peri was on how long the Princess and Clarkent were to be secreted away? How does this affect Alexandar and his reign of terror? I'm wondering if he will set out a search and maybe try to declare her dead if she is gone to long so he can claim ultimate power... Just a thought.

Glad your posting on the weekends! smile1 Hope you post tomorrow too grovel

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Wow! I didn't expect Clarkent to be the kidnapper!

...he had resolved not to speak to her--so she wouldn’t guess his real identity
But it could be days before Peri comes to see them. How is Clarkent supposed to not talk to Loisette? goofy

Perry: (To Lois) Honey, this could be greatest story since Superman came to town. By-the-by, where is that husband of yours?
--Faster Than a Speeding Vixon
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I realized when I tore ope-- erm, carefully unwrapped this part, that I forgot to speculate about the title in last part's FDK. So, I'm guessing it's Loisette being kidnapped by Alexander since he realized she's not cooperating with his plans for her. Maybe he will even have a Black Knight look-alike do the dirty deed and then come to her rescue. Okay, now that that's out of the way, let's see how it will play out...

But that wasn’t what happened at all. Instead, Peri said to him in a voice that was soft and low, “I have news from the castle.”
She's been kidnapped already help

the Regent intends to force Princess Loisette to marry him tomorrow after her coronation so he can continue to rule Metropolita.”
clap Fun! /remembers MLT's Nowhere to Run/

“How long do we stay there?” Clarkent asked him, his thoughts jumping ahead. How long would he be alone with Princess Loisette?
Long enough to explain the birds and the bees? Long enough to reestablish the old kingdom through the introduction of an heir to both thrones?

“Why are you doing this for the princess? The Regent . . . he . . . he is one of her kind.”
Okay, and now Loisette get's to wear a shirt with the 'I'm with stupid' print on it.

--only to let out a muffled scream as she felt the pressure of an arm around her chest and a cold hand on her mouth.

She immediately thrust her right arm backward, only to let out a whimper as her elbow collided with something metal. Her assailant loosened his grip for a second, only to tighten it as she struggled to get free.
Good thing he's wearing the armor. But what will he say when he discovers her bruises?

The Black Knight.

He had come to kidnap her--probably to ask for some sort of ransom.
Yes. Ransom. UH-huh. But how much damage do you get for a damaged princess?

The only question was . . . what had he done to Clarkent?
Gobbled him up, I'd say.

He brought the horse out, feeling a streak of dark amusement as the princess tried to scoot across the floor in what was probably one of the slowest escape attempts ever made./quote] clap

[quote]The princess immediately stopped moving . . . realizing, as he had, that if she tried to struggle while on the saddle, then she would fall face-first onto the ground. She glared at him again.
*snickers* Did I mention I love feisty Lois?

e horse. He placed his arms around her and reached for the reins, kicking Phantom and bringing him out into the night. Clarkent had to admit to himself that he relished having the princess in his arms, though he hated the reason it had to happen . . . just as he hated the armor blocking him from being able to better feel her pressed against him.
It's probably for the best for now.

Since he had resolved not to speak to her--so she wouldn’t guess his real identity--it was hard to bite back all the apologies hovering in his mouth.
What's he expected to do the next couple of days? Stay with her as the Black Knight? Seriously? And did he take the book with him? And is it time for 31 already?

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Merriwether
Merriwether
No, I was not expecting that. Poor Loisette, who is sure she is being taken for ransom, and poor Clarkent who has to make her think he's a bad guy, Especially since her low opinion of the Black Knight has been so painful for him.

So Peri's enchanted cottage ... does it have a spell to keep kidnapped Princesses in? Or just a perception filter to keep Alexander from discovering it? I hope it's both, or else Clarkent is going to have a difficult time restraining her. He has to sleep sometime, and having to tie her up will both break his heart and make it extremely difficult to convince her his motives are good.

But given that we are heading toward the end of the story, I'm going to hope that our hero will start catching a break. He's had little go right for him in his quest to convince Loisette/Gawain that the Black Knight is a hero, so I think it's time things start looking up for him. smile

Next chapter, please!

Kathy

D
Deja Vu Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
D
Plain Jane-- Yeah, not much is beyond Alexander. And as for Loisette's struggle to get free, well, she's definitely not one to go meekly without a fight!

Glad your posting on the weekends!
Yeah, I'm trying to post every day now. smile We'll see if that holds up!

lcfan99-- Glad I surprised you! Hehehe. And you're right--Clarkent isn't thinking very clearly with his resolve not to talk to her.

Michael-- Hahah. Yeah, I did kind of miss your speculation on the title of this part, so I'm glad you gave it to me now! And I guess it's not a Black Knight look-alike so much as...well, the real deal! laugh It's fun when good people have to do bad things to do good things, heh.

Long enough to explain the birds and the bees? Long enough to reestablish the old kingdom through the introduction of an heir to both thrones?
Pwahaha. I think they've got way too much to talk about for anything like that to happen yet. wink

Okay, and now Loisette get's to wear a shirt with the 'I'm with stupid' print on it.
LOL. That really made me chuckle.

Good thing he's wearing the armor. But what will he say when he discovers her bruises?
Well, I don't think he'll be looking underneath her sleeve at her elbow. :p

As for the book, well, he doesn't have that with him. He doesn't intend for this to be a pleasure trip. laugh

Kathy-- Yeah, you definitely gotta feel for Clarkent in that it must really stink to have to take Loisette's opinion of the Black Knight down several notches.

In regards to Peri's cottage, it's just a concealment spell. So, no, it doesn't have a spell to keep kidnapped princess in it. After all, that was Clarkent's idea specifically. smile

But given that we are heading toward the end of the story, I'm going to hope that our hero will start catching a break.
Heh heh. I don't know if I'd say he is going to be catching a break yet. laugh But we are indeed nearing the end, so something has to give at some point.

--------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for the feedback, folks!!!
Deja

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard