Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#74505 10/12/10 03:55 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Preview of 60

From Clark's pocket, his cell rang. He slipped it out and saw the number displayed. "It's Mom," he said. He took a moment to steady himself before answering. "Hi, Mom."

"Clark," she said with a note of urgency in her voice. "Have you heard the news?"

His heart thudded low in his stomach. "What news?"

"There are numerous gas leaks in Metropolis. One spark, and there will be a massive explosion. They're calling for Superman."

"OK, Mom. Thanks." He hung up the phone. "Gas leaks," he told Lois with heavy regret. "I have to go."

"Of course you have to go," she said quickly. "It will give me time to work out how we are going to fix this."

He gave her a quick kiss and shot from her unit and towards Metropolis.
FDK here.

Thanks!

Corrina.

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
wowowow-- evil cliffie!!! get back here and resolve----please?

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
"It explains Ultra Woman's complete dearth of anything resembling class."
Oh, meow! Meow! laugh

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh you are evil. Get back here! wildguy eek

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
S
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
S
so after last part - i was gonna stop reading until the last post was up, but of course, I couldn't resist. and it was worth it! ok, its getting sticky and my heart race increases with every semi-revelation, but loooooving it. especially since mayson doesn't have the green rock and luthor thinks she does and they'll both be caught. ok, enough rambling, post more!!!

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
oh how awesome was this chapter?

I really hate Mayson, LOL

LOIS:I don't like you.
MAYSON: Really? Oh god, that is such a relief - I don't like you either.
LOIS: That makes me feel so much better
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Whooooooeeeee!!! What a wondrous wild ride this is! Mayson sure made sure she got "close" to Clark with the "K" in her pocket to test him; such a pity for her that it's a fake -- not!! Awesome writing, as usual! hyper

EvelynC
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ah, you even bring out the silent lurkers to show our wide-eyed fear of Mayson! Excellent part, evil cliff-hanger. help

Looking forward to more,
Jen

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
That really was evil, but knowing that you (or rather Lois and Clark) will probably fix it, makes it a little better.

Mayson and her crazy ideas - hope she gets to spend the rest of her life in the loony bin! Just think how happy Luthor will be when he discovers the green rock is worth a lot of money; however, I think his disappointment in not being able to get rid of Superman may trump the happiness.

Excellent part and the story *almost*, just almost, gets better with every part!

clap

Features Writer
Features Writer
Really Mayson!!! Really.....
"The only way to keep this story from being published is if the announcement of our engagement is in tomorrow's Planet."
She is on crack. I mean heavy into it.
Someone need to put her down Now!! mad evil

I will and always be a big fan of Lois and Clark forever and forever.
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Delightful part.

:Yawn: on the cliffhanger. Not so much of a cliff hanger.

By this point in the tale we know your version of Clark will not even be temped.

A: He's married.
B: Your Mayson is simply not in any way shape or form trustworthy. She'd never keep the deal. Clark knows this so it is a not even a temptation.

C: We also know your Mayson, she is not really interested in Clark and her internal monologues have made that clear. So her offer is not sincere, she just wants Clark to say yes so she can reject him.

Mayson will be dead soon so she won't be a problem any longer. (Not healthy to have something Lex Luthor wants, nor to ignore his calls.)

It will be great fun, Lois Lane will arrive in Metropolis, and take Mayson's place on the staff of the Daily Planet, on a trial basis, solve Mayson's murder and prove Luthor is the "Boss".

Framework4
F
Kerth
Kerth
F

Framework4
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Mayson shook her head. It was *highly* doubtful that *that* body belonged to Kent.
Only one way to find out. wave

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Joy It was evil. The part was a bit short, but I wanted to end it there! Thanks for the FDK.

Iolanthe Mayson is definitely catty ... and few other things as well.

Laura Next part - either tonight or tomorrow morning. I still haven't written the final part yet.

Sarah There are a few bumps to get through before the happy ending. Thanks.

bellarase Thanks. I don't think anyone likes this incarnation of Mayson. However, the end I have for her isn't nice at all - you might even feel sorry for her!

Evelyn LOL. Clark didn't understand why Mayson tried to get so close - he isn't about to go looking through *her* clothing!

However, she *proved* that Clark isn't Superman!

Jen It's kind of funny that someone called 'Shadow' is a self-confessed lurker! Thanks for letting me know you're reading.

DW The problem will be fixed. Some of the speculation is very close. wink

lovesuper The thing about this Mayson is that she doesn't realise that she's a little fish playing in a big pond. Sooner or later, the big fish arrives!

Framework Good points.

It will be great fun, Lois Lane will arrive in Metropolis, and take Mayson's place on the staff of the Daily Planet, on a trial basis, solve Mayson's murder and prove Luthor is the "Boss".
I hope this isn't too much of a spoiler ... much of that *will* happen, but it will happen between part 68 and the epilogue. In other words, the epiloge will make it clear that Lois and Clark brought down Luthor, but not how that happened.

I'm not planning a sequel, but if I do write one, there's the plot.

Michael You're right - no Lois. However, this part happened between noon and 2pm Metropolis time, which is 2am to 4am Melbourne time, so Lois was sleeping.

She'll be back in the next part, I promise!

Thanks for everyone for your wonderful FDK,

Corrina.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard