#74445 10/10/10 01:43 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Preview of 59

"Clark Kent, Daily Planet."

"Clark, it's Mayson."

"Mayson. Are you calling in a story?"

"Not calling it in ... not yet," she said. "But I have the biggest story since Superman appeared."

"You sound distressed ... as if you've been running. Are you in danger? Where are you? Did someone hurt you?"

"I'm at my apartment. You need to come here now."

"Mayson ..." His speech had acquired that weary intonation he often used when speaking to her. "... you know I don't come to your apartment."

Mayson was tired of his patronising attitude. "Listen to me, Kent," she snapped. "I am offering you one chance to hear about this before I splash it all over the front page of the Planet. And if Perry won't print it, I'm sure every other editor across the breadth of the United States will snatch it up. I *will* write the story, and it *will* be published, and it *will* change your life forever. So do yourself a favour, greenhorn, and take the lifeline I'm offering you - because if you don't, you will pick up tomorrow's paper and see your gullibility on public display."
Thanks!

Corrina.

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Can someone just shoot Mayson now...Please???? Sorry it's been so long since I've given feedback, but school has kept me very busy.

I've been enjoying the obviously loving, non-angsty relationship between Lois and Clark, but I despise Mayson. Seriously...can't she get a life??? I hate that Lois and Clark are in danger of being exposed, especially by such a crazy...um...witch. Resolve this NOW! smile

Seriously, though, thanks for all of the hard work you have put into this story.

"Women frustrate men because they're too complicated. Men frustrate women because they're not complicated enough."
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Eek!! You sure know how to leave us with cliffhangers!! eek And the preview just made it worse. So okay, when do we get our next fix, and I sure hope this next part gives resolution, but the preview sounds like it will be exploding. But hopefully this will all implode on Mayson! How will I ever be able to wait. shock

EvelynC
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
OMG! This was the most evil of all cliff hangers!!!!

Can't wait to see how Clark is going to talk his way out this one!!!

LOIS:I don't like you.
MAYSON: Really? Oh god, that is such a relief - I don't like you either.
LOIS: That makes me feel so much better
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
thumbsup

Wow! What a cliffhanger! When Mason figured Lois was UltraWoman I was gobsmacked! Never saw that coming! Was then waiting for her to add up the rest of the equation and figure out CK=S.

Need next part urgently! LOL

This story just keeps getting better and better; wonderful in every respect.

Cheers
Elizabeth

T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
It's one thing to draw a pair of glasses on a picture of Superman, but I have a small problem with Mayson's 'revelation' given the circumstances.

First, the picture isn't of good quality and it's supposedly in profile, so you don't even get the proper shape of her face. Also, I believe it was mentioned that Lois does something to alter her hairdo.

Under those circumstances I would think that any picture of a dark haired woman would look like Ultra Woman if someone drew a pink mask on it.

Instead I think you need to have Mayson just have her imagination peaked by her actions. With the mask on Lois' picture Mayson could believe that Lois looks 'something like' Ultra Woman. That could lead Mayson into a more thorough search for pictures of Lois and of Ultra Woman. This would give her more instances of comparison. She needs to see those parts of Lois' face which aren't covered by the mask; like her chin, jawline, and mouth.

Mayson is truly not a darned nice gal. She is destined for a bad ending.

Tank (who thinks that Mayson is making a big mistake 'rejecting' Lex, he's not fond of that)

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Uh-oh, that's not good. I'm sure Lois could weasel her way out of Mayson's questioning, but Clark can't exactly bring Lois along with him for this, now can he?

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Hmmm As Tank says-- the picture is of poor quality!! Perhaps this is what will sink Mayson's credibility down the drain. And of course she has spurned Lex, which isn't a good idea every. Oooh!! hyper

EvelynC
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
wave 'I got there first, and Clark's great fun in bed!' evil

Somewhat to her surprise, she felt no annoyance at the thought of Kent and Lane in bed together. He was passably good looking, but under his business suits probably lurked the body of an underdeveloped adolescent. She'd never really wanted Kent - she'd just wanted to prove that she could have him. She'd moved on to much greater prey.

Superman.

Her initial thoughts for use of the green rock had involved demanding he inform her about his activities so she could get exclusive stories. As time had passed, and she hadn't had the chance to talk with him, she had reviewed her ideas. It had been fun to flirt with him and watch Ultra Woman react like a jealous kitten.

Perhaps she could use the green rock to test Superman's commitment to his marriage.
What!? Okay, I know I said it before, but now Mayson's gone over the deep end. She's a total cuckoo and her mental condition's got to have a name. But I'm also really worried she's going to pull out a gun sometime in the middle of a crowd and just start shooting people at random, screaming 'Clark!'

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Mayson is definitely delusional and has an ego the size of Jupiter! But we'll have to see what else she does/what other symptoms she displays before we confer a final diagnosis. smile1

EvelynC
D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
Ok, Mayson certainly is crazy, except for her "very accurate" deduction that Lois is Ultrawoman and I kept waiting for the next line to read ... 'but then that would mean Clark is ... Superman?' Nah, can't be and then she'd laugh.

Anyhow, that sure was a cliffhanger and I'm on the edge of my seat to know what happens next - I hope that Clark won't give anything away and that Mayson so-called theories will be discredited as she clearly is crazy.

smile

Features Writer
Features Writer
shock Mayson needs to go to he_ _!!!! Please, do anyone have an pic with an cannon on it so we can put her on another planet where only her thoughts can scare her!!!!!

By the way good story laugh wildguy

I will and always be a big fan of Lois and Clark forever and forever.
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
QoA Thanks for the FDK. If the Lois and Clark relationship is non-angsty, we need someone else to provide some problems - enter Mayson!

Evelyn

So okay, when do we get our next fix, and I sure hope this next part gives resolution, but the preview sounds like it will be exploding.
It's nearly midnight - next fix, hopefully tomorrow morning. Also, I am so close to finishing that, RL permitting, I should be able to post EOD from now on.

And ... remember you said that. laugh

Thanks.

bellarase Yeah, it was evil. However, Lois and Clark will think of some way out of it.

Elizabeth

This story just keeps getting better and better
Thank you! That is so wonderfully heartening. There is always the fear that, in a long fic, it's becoming tedious.

Tank

First, the picture isn't of good quality and it's supposedly in profile
Sorry for the misunderstanding - the photo is from her profile (on the 'net), it isn't in profile. I'll add a couple of lines to make it clearer that Mayson can see Lois's mouth, chin, etc.

Good point about rejecting Lex.

Amy No, Clark turning up with Lois in Metropolis would lead to a lot of questions!

Michael I got a few laughs from your FDK, Michael, but mostly I'm pleased that Mayson is coming across the way I want! Perhaps it does have a name!

And, Evelyn, there will be more symptoms!

DW That's the problem with craziness - working out the truth from the rubbish.

lovesuper Mayson won't end up on another planet - but her end is far from happy.

Thanks everyone for the FDK.

More tomorrow. Ten parts to go - plus the epilogue.

Corrina.

H
Blogger
Blogger
H
May I respectfully submit ...I think Mayson is going to aggravate Lex or something,or refuse to spill what she knows, and Lex will arrange for Mayson to get blown up thus ending her attempt to blackmail Ultrawoman and Superman with her deduction that L=UW. How's that?

S
SJH Offline
Features Writer
Features Writer
S
Lex does have a thing for bombs.

"I'm red-eyed, tired and drunk" Teri Hatcher
"Fun will now commence" 7of9
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Hank It wouldn't be the first time Mayson has been blown up! Thanks, Hank!

SJH He does, indeed!

Thanks,

Corrina.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard