Next Thread
Print Thread
R
Rac Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
R
The conclusion to this series will be posted shortly. Thanks for your patience over the years and your encouragement.

Rac

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
So beautiful mecry And Clark so deserves being able to experience everything with Lois having the baby this time around. What a wonderful picture you have painted of it all. love

EvelynC
S
SJH Online Content
Features Writer
Online Content
Features Writer
S
Is it ok to look now? Nothing bad is going to happen...is it?

"I'm red-eyed, tired and drunk" Teri Hatcher
"Fun will now commence" 7of9
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Just so darn, hmm... not sure if "sweet" is the right word, but it's the sense of Clark coming home and fully understanding what he has. Reveling in it, savoring it - his wife and family, parents and children, a connection he thought he'd never have. Very poignant and very well done.

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Aww, so sad to see this ride coming to an end smile1

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
A
Columnist
Columnist
A
What a great chapter! I loved it.

I, for one, would be thrilled if you found more to write about in this universe in the future...

Amber

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
That's a lovely penultimate chapter (assuming, indeed, that there is only one part left).

I particularly loved Jon feeling the baby kick inside Lois's stomach. His comments were priceless!

I also loved Clark thanking his parents for - well, for everything. For saving him, so that he could be here on Earth now with his little family. Clark said to the sky, where he felt the presence of his parents:

I wish you could meet both of your grandchildren. I think I know how happy that would have made you. But I can promise you I will take care of them.
So poignant. I can't help wondering what he would have said to his parents if little Keira hadn't made it. If he had failed to take care of her, so to speak. I'm glad we don't have to find out. And I like the name you chose for the baby, too. It sounds very good for a little supergirl!

So, while we wait for you to wrap up this epic tale, Rac...thanks for the fantastic ride!

Ann

D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
Awww, that was sweet, and lovely and just aww!

Loved Jon and his comments and feeling the baby kick - that was so cute.

You have really wrapped everything up very well (so far, coz it seems we have at least another chapter to go)!

smile

R
Rac Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
R
Thanks for your comments, everyone.

Hi Evelyn. Glad you enjoyed it and thanks for your very kind comments.

It's almost over, SJH. Nothing scary. No more A plots. No more Kryptonians. I promise!

Thanks, Iolan. That's what I had hoped to capture here - not just a sense of denouement, but the idea that Clark is really enjoying what he has.

Michael, the first time Lois was in labor, she wasn't fully dilated, and she would have been immune to the necessary medication had she remained invulnerable.

Thanks, Amber. Not sure if I'll write anything else in this universe, but who knows, I've been playing here for years!

Thanks for being here for the whole story, Ann, and for all of your encouragement along the way. I'm glad you liked the baby's name and Clark's message to his parents. I do think that all he's been through for the last five years has given Clark perspective on what his parents faced and what they sacrificed to give him the life he has.

There's one more chapter left, DW, and it's on the way.

Regards,

Rac

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Thanks for clearing it up. I remembered it as her body not dilating because of the powers and the lack of physical effect such as pain, not the other way round. blush

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard