Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#74340 10/04/10 01:54 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Preview of 57

Mayson closed the door and stepped forward. "I'll get straight to the point," she said.

"I'd appreciate that. I have work to do."

"I know you're not going to Australia tomorrow."

Kent's mouth dropped with what looked like genuine surprise. "Really?" he said. "Have you checked with the airlines?"

"No."

"Then I suggest you do. Assuming you can cajole them into revealing private passenger information, you'll find that I have booked a ticket to Melbourne on a flight leaving Metropolis on Saturday morning."

"Did you book one seat? Or two?"

His eyebrows rose in question. "One," he said as if it were obvious.

"How is Lois getting home?" Mayson asked. "And why would you be going to Australia when she's here in Metropolis?"

He shook his head in bewilderment. "Lois isn't here," he said. "She's in Melbourne."
Thanks!

Corrina.

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Squee! Now Mayson is *really* dangerous.

Features Writer
Features Writer
Can I please get mayson on another planet. Please. She getting too close. Making my skin crawl. Lol wildguy peep
loving the storyline.

I will and always be a big fan of Lois and Clark forever and forever.
T
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
T
Interesting that Mayson has thought of everything - except the obvious conclusion that Clark is Superman. After all, Superman's behavior changed after Clark met Lois. Mayson was shut out of Clark's life after he met Lois (she was never in the running, but you'll never convince her of that). Ultra Woman showed up on the scene with Superman after Clark met Lois. I mean, it's right there in front of her face, isn't it?

Actually, it isn't, and that's a good thing. This woman is headed for a crackup at any time, and she's going to cause some serious trouble before she's out of the picture. She's going to appear delusional to Clark, and if Perry hears these accusations, she might just find her tight little butt out on the street. Lois is nowhere near Metropolis, Clark isn't faking his flight, and she doesn't really have Kryptonite any more.

Hey, I wonder if she'll be carrying the faux green K when she confronts Clark in the next chapter? If so, that would be one more piece of evidence in her mind to prove that Clark can't be Superman. Go Lois! She's even smarter than she thought she was!

Oh, just to be clear about this, I'm an American born and bred, and I don't drink coffee in any of its various forms. I know that it's a social convention, but it's also an acquired taste, and I've never managed to acquire it. Coffee has always reminded me of battery acid mixed with fetid rainwater, so it's not on my daily routine.

Although, if I were to drink a cup of coffee each morning along with eating a live toad, there's not a whole lot that could happen to me that would be worse.

Next chapter soon, please.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
T
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
T
You know, I completely forgot to mention that I thoroughly enjoyed seeing Mayson rip Lois' article apart a couple of chapters ago. You pointed out some of the differences in grammar between US English and Aussie English without resorting to a boring lecture by one of the characters. Very well done. And you also pointed up Mayson's snobbery, and her arrogant refusal to even consider that different countries have different ways of saying things. More subtle, but also very well done. Your characterization of Mayson in this story is excellent.

And I don't much like her either.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
Great part even though most of it was Mayson.

Glad to see that some of my speculations came true from the previous fdk.

Looking forward to the next part and Mayson's confrontation with Clark with her wild, but somewhat true speculations!

smile

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
No, Clark, she thought. We've moved on. It's no longer about having you for myself, but ensuring there is no happy ending for you and the Australian tart.

Wherever she is.
/goes calling the men in the white coats with the big butterfly nets.

"How is Lois getting home?" Mayson asked. "And why would you be going to Australia when she's here in Metropolis?"

He shook his head in bewilderment. "Lois isn't here," he said. "She's in Melbourne."
I wonder if she's so close that she will never get closer or if she's going to make the final jump and figure things out, like the accent peep

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Okay, I need my next fix of this story now!!! Please, please ASAP, and as we used to say when I was a kid: pretty please with sugar on top! help

EvelynC
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Evelyn ... 20 mins smile

Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Sorry for the delay in replying. RL took up some time and I've been writing furiously to get this fic finished (half a part to go!)

Amy Yes - and gets more dangerous. laugh

lovesuper Mayson will get what she deserves - although not on another planet!

Terry

Hey, I wonder if she'll be carrying the faux green K when she confronts Clark in the next chapter? If so, that would be one more piece of evidence in her mind to prove that Clark can't be Superman. Go Lois! She's even smarter than she thought she was!
That would be solid proof that CK does not equal Superman.

Live toads? Ewww!

You raise interesting points about Mayson being snobbish. I think in canon Mayson was portrayed as liking Clark but not liking Superman to provide a contrast with Lois. However, it goes deeper than that. Presumably she was attracted to Clark for his looks, but also for his honesty, integrity and willingness to take a stand against wrong.

Superman has the same characteristics, yet she didn't trust him. Why? Could it be because he's different? Could it be that she can see those traits in Clark because he's an all-American boy, but she can't see them in Superman because he's an alien?

I've extended this intolerance to include Australians, football journalists, Kansans, country people, and everyone else she feels superior to.

I'm glad it worked for you, Terry.

DW

her wild, but somewhat true speculations!
... will continue!

Michael

/goes calling the men in the white coats with the big butterfly nets.
Good move, Michael.

Thanks to everyone for letting me know you're still reading. Current estimate is 67 parts, plus the epilogue. 66 is written and betaed, so I hope to finish writing the fic this week.

Corrina.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard