Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Sorry for the late posting. All that’s left now is the posting of the epilogue and that will be done in a single post. I’m not sure exactly when. I’m still not feeling well, so I’ll have to do it when I’m feeling up to it. I hope to do it, though, sometime on Sunday - although I doubt it will be at midnight. I plan to be in bed, sound asleep, at midnight.

ML wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
- CC Aiken, The Late Great Lois Lane
Top Banana
Top Banana
First of all--hope you feel better soon!! smile

And second of all---thank goodness Lois and Clark are finally together in the right time, place, etc. smile

Loving seeing Clark be a dad. And glad to see that Charlie is already saving the day! cool

You must actually like Scardino to start something with him and Molly... I guess it could work. At least he's not even daring to hit on Lois. wink

This story has been a real fun read! Sorry to see it end, but at least we still have an epilogue! hyper

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
First things first: I really hope you get well soon smile . There's no fun in being sick (and if it's during the weekend, it's even worse!)

As for this part... that was great. Great seeing them together again, great knowing what really happened in Congo and even great Scardino wink Who would have thought laugh

I really liked that their memories all flooded back and that Lois visited Charlie at different points during those for years she was 'away'. Really loved how you tied it all up and managed to escape the paradox.

The epilogue can only make it even better laugh Thanks for a really fun ride. I'm really glad I decided to start (and continue) reading!

Cris
D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
I, too, am sorry to hear that you are sick, but I hope that you will feel better soon!

He opened the door and froze.

“Clark,” the woman standing outside the door said before throwing herself into his arms.

“Lois,” Clark responded the instant before their lips met.
smile1

smile

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Molly and Scardino?!? Who'da thunk?

A terrific, incredibly complex, riveting story all the way around. I'm looking forward to the epilogue.

Joy,
Lynn

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Yes, here’s hoping you’ll get well soon, ML! hyper But what happened in 1993?

While carrying his son down to the first floor, Clark noted that Lois seemed unable to quit touching him. His arms. His back. His butt. All of it was open season to her wandering hands.
laugh Looks like her bottled up hormones are finally being let loose laugh

“I should really take a trip to a drug store anyway,” Clark said.
Huh, doesn’t he want a little Lois in nine months to go with his son?

Lois smiled. “Yes. He is, kiddo.” Maybe those deeper questions weren’t what he was wondering about at all. She felt relieved. Hopefully, it would be a few more years before she would have to answer those types of questions.
Depends on whether they’re better at being careful than at being ‘careful’. /suddenly remembers The Truth About Cats and Dogs/ laugh

[Linked Image]
(All wrapped up nicely with a big bow on top)

Looking forward to the epilogue. Especially, since it’s now unlikely any further mayhem will ensue.

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
First, I hope you feel better. Thanks for posting even though you weren't feeling well! I love this story. You've done such a wonderful job. One question though. Perry said Clark had been gone an entire week and how upset Charlie was. When Clark went to see Molly, she barely reacted at all. Wouldn't she have wondered where he had been? Did I miss something? Anyway, it was a great story and so well written. Where did you come up with this stuff? :-)

I heart Clark Kent.
Features Writer
Features Writer
I read 7b but never got a chance to comment on how "edge of the chair" I was sitting at the end before you had this part up. I like how you tied all the time travel things up, and even hooked up Dan and Molly, very cool.

not sure I appreciated how you grouped that scumbag ryan up with people who support Freedom and want to preserve 2nd Amendment Rights tho. That seemed a little petty. Then again when I consider how hollyweird liked to tweak the show, I can't say I'm surprised.

All in all, a good read; I've like most of your work and will continue to be a fan.

Jayne Cobb: Shepherd Book once said to me, "If you can't do something smart, do something RIGHT!
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Thanks for all you wishes for me to get well. I hope I do, too. laugh

I kept thinking "is it going to be Scardino?" Guess I was right!
Good for you, DW. I'm glad you guys got a kick out of the Molly/Dan twist. I figure after Ryan, she needs someone like Dan.

Wow, Wells is really stepping up there. He’s not by any chance learned of the roasting option, has he?
I think he's been reading the threads and figured he better do something right if he wanted to avoid a fate worse than death. laugh

One question though. Perry said Clark had been gone an entire week and how upset Charlie was. When Clark went to see Molly, she barely reacted at all. Wouldn't she have wondered where he had been? Did I miss something?
You didn't miss anything, Jen. I obviously did. I'll have to go back and correct that before sending it to the archives. Thanks for pointing that out.

Anyway, glad you guys enjoyed the story - or at least have until the epilogue. wink

ML wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
Merriwether
Merriwether
Do you have any idea how hard it was for me, being too busy to read these last few days while knowing you were going to daily postings?? Well, let me tell you, it was hard! On the plus side, I have three parts to read today, which helps make up for it a little bit. smile1

I wanted to comment on each part as I read, but so I don't bring each comment thread to the top, I'll just combine comments on all three parts here. That way, you don't miss out on any feedback in this story that's given me so much enjoyment these last several weeks. smile

7a:

I found this part both heartwarming and heartbreaking, all at once. I'm finding it fascinating, of course, to catch up on Clark's memories of the last four years, even as he does the same. And I certainly am happy and relieved that Lois had named Molly as Charlie's guardian in her will so that her parents couldn't get hold of him *and* that Clark starts developing a great relationship with Charlie within a few months of Lois's disappearance. But ... wah! Lois is gone and Clark doesn't realize that Charlie is his son and they aren't raising him together the way they should be!! cry

I definitely cracked up, though, on Molly inventing not just Gaagle, but Headbook and MyTube. ROTFL, not only will Lex Luthor look like a pauper next to her, but Bob Fences will be eating her dust. goofy

7c:

First of all ... rotflol

Epilogue! Epilogue! I might actually stay up until midnight tonight just to read it. laugh

ETA: Oh, just read your post in this comment thread. I'm so sorry you're sick! Well, I can certainly wait until Sunday to read the last part if it means you get some sleep. *hugs ML this time*

Kathy

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh feel better soon! great part!Laura smile

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Like the others have said, get well soon!

Part 7c was pure joy. I loved so many things in it - Lois understanding that Ryan was a super-baddie, and Lois almost getting killed by Ryan but escaping, and Lois almost getting killed again by Ryan but being saved by Charlie, and Lois being reunited with Charlie, and Lois being reunited with Clark, and Molly getting semi-united with Dan, and all the paradoxes gone, and Lois explaining to Molly that she had visited Charlie numerous times to see how he was doing and to reassure his subconscious that she was coming back to him (<happy tears>), and...

You know, this part was a itty bitty bit like the latest Superman movie, Superman Returns. In the movie, Superman and Lois are reunited after being separated for a long time, and Lois has had Superman's child, and the kid saves his mother's life from criminals. Or did he save his father's life? I can't remember.

Of course, your story was a million times better than the movie. Your fic is so incredibly, adorably waffy, while the movie was so cold and dark. In your fic, Lois, Clark and the kid get to be a happy family, but it certainly wasn't like that in the movie. Also, in the movie the kid killed the criminal. In your fic, Charlie didn't kill anyone.

This has been a wonderful, fantastic, waffy fic! Thank you so, so much for writing it!!! notworthy notworthy notworthy notworthy notworthy

Ann

MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
I would go back and comment on all the other things that I loved...// ...but I'm too desperate to get to the next chapter to find out what comes next.
wave

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard