Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
I thought you guys might like to see a copy of the picture that Clark has sitting on his desk.

[img]http://i1046.photobucket.com/albums/b461/mlt62/LoisCharlie.jpg?t=1285889403[/img]

ML wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
- CC Aiken, The Late Great Lois Lane
Top Banana
Top Banana
Wow!!

Nice photo! cool Poor Lana... but hey she was engaged to a married man, sort of.

Finally an explanation of why Lois didn't reach Congo in the original timeline smile

And Wells being dragged off to investigate with Lois... finally something he isn't in control of... Good! I can almost forgive him seeing as he came back to save her! And.. it also indirectly resulted in Clark's secret being safe which had made his life a living hell in the original original timeline.

But wait! what is going to happen now that Lois is following Ryan? Because if I recall one of Clark's memories and Molly's caged response, she had been seeing Ryan after Lois disappeared. So if something happens now, timeline will adjust again, hopefully for the better, yes?

Hmmm..

Loved Charlie and Clark's bonding smile1

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
the stubborn Lois strikes again.

Can't way for more! thumbsup

~I Love this tragic sometimes magic awful beautiful life!~
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Oh yeah, Herb for backup, that'll help A LOT. :p

F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Nice part.

Framework4
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Wowwww GREAT story!!!!! The thoughts and writing that went into this story are very powerful!!!! I actually had tears in my eyes reading about the bond that Clark created with Charlie without know he was his actual father.
EXCELLENT!!!!

More please.........

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
“Because... well... you and Charlie... you have the same eyes. Hey, where were you in 1987?” she asked, playfully.
You're getting warm, Molly!

Tears unexpectedly clouded Clark’s vision. He wondered if Molly knew what she had just given him. When she got up and gave him a hug, he suspected she did. He wasn’t sure he’d ever been given a better Christmas present.
Awww...

maybe I’ll even start grooming Cat to take over when I retire eventually.
Cat as a Planet editor. Now that's a scary thought!

He had to admit, he loved this picture. He wished he had known her. That this could somehow be the picture he had placed on his desk. To be part of that happy family...
How poignant.

“Him or me?” she repeated.

“Him,” he responded,
Good answer!

“Wait a second... are you Charlie’s father?”
Ding, ding, ding, ding! We have a winner!

Am I the only one getting a headache here?
<chuckle> Nope. Absolutely not. smile1

Joy,
Lynn

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I knew you had to have something in store!!! The Paradox can be avoided! Yay!!!!!

It's all going to work out... and in the mean time, i completely loved this part. Perry, unable to not believe Clark after all he's told him. Clark's memories. His time with Charlie, his chosing the boy over Lana.

And the scene with Lois and HG and finally the solution! Now you got me dying to read the part when Lois and Clark, both with all of their memories, meet again smile

Annnnd this posting schedule is great laugh

Cris
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I was wondering, why can't Lois just got ahead and time, and investigate Ryan. Assuming Ryan would still be alive.

Then again, hopefully she only gets close enough to see something and then gets out of there.

~I Love this tragic sometimes magic awful beautiful life!~
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
“Yeah,” Clark said. “It was the first big story about date rape drugs. Lois won her first Kerth for that story, didn’t she?”
That’s what I figured when you said she’s got four Kerths. But I do have a complaint: You never showed us that. I mean, here you have 20 y/o Lois, college student, junior staff writer at the Ink, and she gets a Kerth for a story in the Planet! And you’re not showing us that? Really? But you’re worried about friendly congregations of villagers on your front porch because of the *posting schedule*???

“Because... well... you and Charlie... you have the same eyes. Hey, where were you in 1987?” she asked, playfully.
evil

“Does Linda King still work here?” Clark asked.

“Who?” Perry responded. “Wait! The name is vaguely familiar, but...” He shook his head, unable to figure out where he’d heard that name before.
Maybe when Ralph dragged in the story about the third-rate callgirl ring that went belly-up in Washington, D.C, when they caught Kinky Lindy with Senator Black in his limousine?

“Him or me?” she repeated.

“Him,”
Huh, why do I get the feeling that she did not expect *that* answer? Shows that you should never play chicken unless you’re sure the other one blinks first.

“And now I have to explain why both Clark and Superman shaved off their beards?” Clark asked in distress.
Unless you’ve already got one, how about simply saying he did it when he was rescuing Mommy? And that’s even the truth laugh

“You don’t have to die,” Wells said. “You just have to stop living in 1993. Today, in fact.”
AAAAARGH!!! wildguy Anyhow, this was such a ‘Finally’, ‘Duh!’, ‘couldn’t he have mentioned that earlier’ moment. I really don’t know what to say. Except, Is it time yet? And are you going to have two or three more parts?

“I really must advise against this,” Wells said when Lois grabbed his arm and began dragging him towards the exit. “This is not a good idea.”
/keeps quoting mantra/ The story is almost over. The story is almost over. And just because the writers killed the protagonists wife in the last minute of the first season of 24, ML won’t necessarily do the same here.

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
Excellent part and I loved your explanations and the whole avoiding the paradox thing.

Yeah! Wells to the rescue, but then Lois just had to be stubborn and find out what exactly Ryan's involved with - I really do hope that Lois makes it out of there alive and will be reunited with Charlie and Clark.

Loving the whole posting everyday schedule - so much better than having to wait ... and wait ... and wait ...

Also, great that Clark chose "him"/Charlie instead of Lana and she didn't expect that laugh

smile

MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Thanks for your comments. Glad you're enjoying it.

I expect the next part to be up at midnight - or shortly thereafter. Montreal is playing Calgary tonight and the game starts at nine o'clock here. And since if Montreal beats Calgary it could leave Saskatchewan tied with Calgary for the number one spot in the west, I HAVE to watch this game. Go Montreal!

Of course, if Calgary is pounding Montreal into the carpet by midnight, I could also be too depressed to post so... laugh

ML wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I've been very lax about leaving feedback lately but that's because I'm struck speechless in awe by this fic!

One word: Wonderful.

Two words: Kerth Award.

MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
I doing thimk I'm going to be able to post tonight. I'm really quite sick and can't think well enough to get this part ready for posting. Sorry, everyone.

ML wave

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Sorry to hear you are ill, ML. Get well soon!

7b was a lovely part. And what a delightful picture of Lois and Charlie!

And Lois was prepared to die so that Charlie could live. That choked me up. Indeed, if she had lived and made it to 1993 (or if it was 1997, I can't remember, sorry) then Clark would have had no reason to go back in time to save Lois, and then there would have been no Charlie.

But maybe H.G. Wells has a good idea for once? Boy, that was long overdue!!!

Ann

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Hi ML,

I hope you feel better soon.

Joy,
Lynn

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard