Print Thread
T
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
T
Please check the WHAM warning thread.
peep

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Kerth
Kerth
Okay, I get the reference, but what the heck is going on? I guess I really need to read on.

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Ooh, you started posting hyper dance

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Woah. That prologue packs a wallop. You definately have got me hooked. I don't see how anyone could read that and not want (need) to know more. So, bring it on...

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Thanks for the warning. : )

Framework4
Features Writer
Features Writer
Is this what i think this is.......... cool always wanted to read one of those. Will not give it away! peep eek

I will and always be a big fan of Lois and Clark forever and forever.
K
Blogger
Blogger
K
Interesting and intense start. Should this story perhaps find its way into the nfic folder? The violence seems a bit much, and I'm over 18.

T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
I bit of a violent teaser, but no more than could be seen on television or in comic books for that matter. It definitely fit within the PG13 boundries.

I'm gonna have to wait and see how this came about and what the conditions actually are. We all know how I feel about Lois, but in the typical comic book world that contains a certain brunette Amazon, said Amazon would mop up the floor with Lois without breaking a sweat.

You've got my interest.

Tank (who does remember a certain alternate earth that contains a Lois who is....))

D
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
D
Very very interesting...I think your descriptions of the violence and injuries were very well done. It's great to see Lois is still sarcastic in her head while in this brutal fight, heh.

I'm very intrigued by this and can't wait to see where it goes!

Top Banana
Top Banana
Well, I had to check it out, after reading the warning. smile

Well written, as always, Terry - a strong action scene with violence that seemed brutally real.

The feminist in me, of course, was a tad dismayed that 2 women are fighting to the death for a man. Always demeaning for both the women. But, hopefully Lois is wrong in this thought. I'm also curious to know if Lois's strength has been enhanced somewhat so that she is able to do such damage to 'she-whose-name-must-not-be spoken'. Also curious to know who has manipulated these two into this cat-fight. And how , of course.

c.
addit - just figured out the title - so slow laugh but , oh no!

T
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
T
Hey! Great feedback, y'all. Thanks.

Lara, it isn't all punches and kicks and concussions and bleeding. There's something else going on, and I hope you can stay with it long enough to figure it out.

Vicki, a wallop was just what I was aiming for. Next part will be up within two days. (I'm aiming for a twice-a-week schedule.)

Frame, you're welcome. But does that mean you are reading or that you're not?

Lovesuper97, I don't know if this is what you think it is. Be sure to let me know what you're thinking, okay?

Katie123, this is the most violent part of the story - I think. And yes, it is PG-13, as is the next chapter (for a different reason), but I believe I'm still on the g-fic side of the line, even if I have scuffed some dirt on it.

Thanks, Tank. I will confess now that although the Amazon Princess is powerful in this story, she's not the WW of the comics. Of course, that also depends on which of the various comics eras you pick from, because WW has been nearly as unbeatable as Superman at times. When I last dipped my toe in the JLA waters, she could hold her own against Superman in a sparring match and also be pushed close to her limits by Batman. That means that either Superman really isn't all that strong or Batman makes Chuck Norris look like Alfred E. Newman (the goofy face of Mad Magazine for so many years).

Thanks, Deja Vu. I think Lois would be snarky if she had somehow fallen to the sidewalk with Luthor.

Carol, I'm not surprised you wrote this:

The feminist in me, of course, was a tad dismayed that 2 women are fighting to the death for a man. Always demeaning for both the women.
No it isn't.

Had the man in question arranged this little match for his own entertainment, then yes, I'd agree with you. If he were the prize for the winner, or if the winner were the prize for him, then yes, I'd agree with you.

But if he had nothing whatsoever to do with the fight, and if one woman were defending her family against an assault by the other, then it's not demeaning, it's justified. And I believe you'll understand when you get into the meat of the story. My wonderful betas (who will get well-deserved kudos) agree with me so far, and they're getting close to the end of the tale.

Thanks to all of you who've responded, and to all who have read the story.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Top Banana
Top Banana
But if he had nothing whatsoever to do with the fight, and if one woman were defending her family against an assault by the other, then it's not demeaning, it's justified.
I agree with you, Terry - that's why I phrased my reply as I did - to indicate that if the fight were "over a man" , i.e. who gets to be with him, it's humiliating. To repeat what I wrote above: " But, hopefully Lois is wrong in this thought. )" I think, given your response above, that you agree with me, in fact, about this smile Sorry I wasn't clearer though.

I do agree if Lois's opponent is in the process of assaulting a member of her family then fighting is what very easily could happen. - Heck, I'd even say force could be justified to protect Perry (Henderson of course would not need protecting, so Lois's involvement would just be gratuitous piling-on smile )

c.
addit: Here's the part that made me wonder, btw: Lois's thought:
I don’t remember why. Has something to do with – with a man. But what man?

D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
I kinda liked this (except for the fighting/violence), but its so intriguing that I need to know what happens next. So, I'll probably continue reading!

smile

Top Banana
Top Banana
I'm not into the violence either, but I'm intrigued both by the WHAM warning you posted and the prologue itself. So bring it! Let's see what you got! evil

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard