Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
I was going to leave you with a bit of a cliff hanger (wondering if Lois had a boy or a girl or if everything went all right), but then I thought - no. This is where this section should end - with the first meeting between mother and son. (See - I’m not completely evil. I have a mushy side, too.)

ML wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
- CC Aiken, The Late Great Lois Lane
Features Writer
Features Writer
Lois stared down in wonder at the bright eyes looking back at her and decided in that moment that only one name seemed to fit. “Charlie,” she said.
AWWWWWW!!! goofy

TEEEEEJ

Jayne Cobb: Shepherd Book once said to me, "If you can't do something smart, do something RIGHT!
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Another wonderful part, and what a great way to end it. Now you need to come back and satisfy us on Clark's side of the tale! laugh

thumbsup
Elizabeth

Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Another great part! So she named him Charlie, uh? Bet that'll jog the memories of some of the girls who thought they knew who the father was. What's going on with Clark? We haven't seen him in a couple of parts. I love this story so far and can't wait to find out what happenes next. Any chance of getting the next part early? grovel

I heart Clark Kent.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Back for another two cents worth, LOL.

I was thinking... Clark hasn't been back to 'visit' Lois in at least 6 months. Now I really am wondering what has been happening with Clark in the future!

Seems to me that Lois is subconsciously remembering Clark, but she just doesn't realize it. Wonder what it will take to trigger full memory!

Loving where you are taking this story. Keep the parts rolling on in.

clap
Elizabeth

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I do hope she remembers something soon, maybe some of the sorority girls will help jog her memory.

Looking forward to the next chapter. Hoping its early.

~I Love this tragic sometimes magic awful beautiful life!~
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
That was a lovely, moving chapter. Sam and Ellen's reaction to Lois was heartbreaking. Perry's, though, was wonderful. He is assuming his role as surrogate father to Lois. It is a role that suits him so well.

And the sorority girls assumed the role of Lois's surrogate sisters, or at least they stood up for her and supported her. That too was wonderful. And they, her sorority sisters, figured that they knew who the father of Lois's baby is. I'd say they are right. Lois, you should ask them.

And the baby is a boy! And Lois named him Charlie! That was the best thing of all here. Yes, some part of Lois does remember Clark.

Ann

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I was really touched by the sorority sisters. Having a baby in college is rottenly difficult even now, but imagine 1988.

Maybe 1997 isn't all blown up because of time paradoxes. Maybe it's all blown up because Lois didn't even *investigate* the Congo story, and the gunrunners became nukerunners who blew everything up.

D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
I also think that Lois' subconscious remembers Clark - but because she knew him as Charlie longer than as Clark, the name "Charlie" somehow stuck - and it was so sweet of her to name the baby Charlie! clap

Great that the sorority sisters supported Lois like that smile

Will the next part be Clark's perspective and what happened in 1997?

smile

F
Kerth
Kerth
F
clap clap clap Well done.

Well, it’s odd... but I think one or two of them think they know who the father is.”

“Are they saying it’s Stafford?”

“No. In fact, one of them asked me if it was that guy who was hanging around here for a week or so last November.”
she stared in awe at the cute little denim overalls and leather jacket Linda had given her. They reminded her of her baby’s daddy.
Lois stared down in wonder at the bright eyes looking back at her and decided in that moment that only one name seemed to fit. “Charlie,” she said.
So when Clark shows up and Charlie looks just like him...
But then I got to thinking, if Lois doesn't die in the congo there won't be any opening when Clark applies. so he will end up in another city working with Linda King, who will recall she'd seen him somewhere and who when she see Lois and her son Charlie....

Framework4
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
First, to deal with a subject I raised in the comments for the last part... What does Beta Beta stand for?

Michael guessed: Boobs and Booze.

That was incorrect.

Lynn guessed: Beers and Babes

Also incorrect. Then Lynn asked:

If not, are Michael and I on the right track at least?
Sort of, but... there is no 'and' between the two words.

Anyway, I'm enjoying the comments. And for those of you wondering... Clark will indeed get some face time in the next section.

ML wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I did miss Clark this part but I do understand why you couldn't include him. After all, then we would have known that Lois didn't abort or offer Charlie up for adoption. As if.

As for why he hasn't shown up. Well, if this new timeline means Lois will be safe and sound till they meet again he wouldn't come back just to tell her she wasn't raped and that the kid is his and drop off some money. Which would probably be forgery anyhow. One needs to keep things in perspective here.

I do wonder if Sam and Ellen are simply trying to enforce their will or if they do it because they don't want Lois to raise a child they think was conceived by rape. And how did they know about the GHB, as in, did Lois tell them after Clark was gone that she was the one drugged but got away?

Perry was great. LOL on the amendment. Isn't it great if the law protects you from having to admit to your fluffy side? And allows you to teach a hotshot reporter a lesson.

The broken water scene was hilarious.

I kept wondering about Lois moving into the sorority house. Say, is Ellen also paying for it?

Plus Linda of all people dropped the first hint about the father shock

As for the quotes...
He was a guy I met around that time. He was just visiting some friends at the University. One thing led to another and... It was only once, but I guess you know what they say, once is all it takes.
To be fair, she did try more than once laugh

“I’m not joking,” Lois objected. “Once is sometimes all it takes. Or was something left out of the sex education you gave me?”
Yes. Condoms. And what they are meant for.

Molly tilted her head as she studied the baby. “Yeah, I guess I can see that. Well, Charlie... how exactly do you feel about being the first male member of Alpha Nu Rho?”
/C-3PO voice/ Wonderful! We are now a part of the tribe.

And even if it's pointless, I'm going to reiterate my plea for you to show mercy to your poor, tortured followers.
grovel grovel grovel grovel grovel grovel grovel grovel grovel

Oh, and did I mention I loved the part, even if I kept reading with the tightly knotted stomach?

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Alpha Nu Rho
Beginning a New Road?

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
or...

Alpha Nu Rho
Beginning a New Life?

MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Beginning a New Road?
Beginning a New Life?
Sorry. Nope.

ML wave

T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
A truly sad turn of events.

Tank (who says for all the 'bad' things he has been accused of doing to Lois over the years nothing he's ever done compares with the cruelty of what ML has done to Lois here)

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Another terrific part!

How about "Bagging Babes" or "Bedding Babes" for Beta Beta? Or maybe just "Bad Behaviour"?

Joy,
Lynn

MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Lynn is the closest so far, but still no cigar.

Tank - I did consider putting a 'Tank Warning' on this story (of course, I would have meant something different by it than is normally meant by such a warning. laugh ). Would it help to know that when Lois realized she was pregnant, she got her hair cut to make it easier to take care of? laugh

ML wave

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Beta Beta = Bad Boys ???

MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
wave

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard