Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
In case you’re thinking that the football players cutting Lois’ hair sounds familiar, it’s because I ended up writing in Tank’s idea about the football players cutting Lois’ hair. I was just going to leave it vague as to how Lois escaped being raped. But I liked Tank’s idea so much I just couldn’t resist stealing it.

Of course, I've now turned this story into a tragedy for Tank since Lois didn't get her hair cut. laugh

ML wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
- CC Aiken, The Late Great Lois Lane
Features Writer
Features Writer
Really good conversation and explanation, very believable and waffy but one line kind of stuck with me

Her knees giving out, she fell to the floor, her heart broken. It felt as if a part of her had suddenly been ripped away, leaving a giant hole inside her.
and I started thinking, "I can't think about it today, I'll go crazy if I do. I'll think about it tomorrow...."

cuz Gone with the Wind rocks and you've made this story about as cool as that one. clap

Jayne Cobb: Shepherd Book once said to me, "If you can't do something smart, do something RIGHT!
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Great, beautiful part, except - how could you do this to us???

June 1997

‘Oh my,’ Wells thought, looking at the carnage around him. ‘This is not good - not good at all.’
shock shock shock

Ann

Top Banana
Top Banana
If she wasn’t careful, she was likely to start wondering if she and Clark were going to found a dynasty that would lead the world into some sort of utopian future. Right. Like that was ever going to happen!
whinging

Excellent part! clap
Can't wait for more!!

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
In case you’re thinking that the football players cutting Lois’ hair sounds familiar, it’s because I ended up writing in Tank’s idea about the football players cutting Lois’ hair. I was just going to leave it vague as to how Lois escaped being raped. But I liked Tank’s idea so much I just couldn’t resist stealing it.

Of course, I've now turned this story into a tragedy for Tank since Lois didn't get her hair cut. laugh
rotflol

Ann

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
June 1997

‘Oh my,’ Wells thought, looking at the carnage around him. ‘This is not good - not good at all.’
So what happened in 1997? Lana got so pissed when she found out Clark was married that she became a serial killer? goofy

1993-Clark sued Lois for sexual harassment? :p He got angry with Lois when he found out she had married him without his consent? grumble So... can I grovel for next part sooner? How about now? grovel

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
So, he's going back to 1997 to avoid changing the past any more, except Lois is going to start prompting him to change his past once she gets to 1993. Is *she* going to be the one with headaches for four years now? smile

Merriwether
Merriwether
“I’m just going to give room service a call and have them send up some supper while you digest all of that,” he said, looking back at her in concern.

Digest all of what? The fact that there ought to be a law against covering up that delicious, mouth-watering...
Ahh, a nice drama-free revelation. Very fitting, given everything else these two have gone through (and still need to go through). I like. goofy

I expect you've thought of these things already, but man, it just shows how many bases need to be covered in a time travel story!

“So... you survive!” Clark said, suddenly understanding.

“I survive!”

She suddenly found herself lost in Clark’s arms.

“We did it,” Clark exclaimed. “We really did, didn’t we?”
Oh, how I hope it ends up being this easy! (And no, I don't really believe that for a minute. wink )

“I love you, too,” she finally managed to get out just as the window closed behind him. Her knees giving out, she fell to the floor, her heart broken. It felt as if a part of her had suddenly been ripped away, leaving a giant hole inside her.
Waaaahhhh!!! whinging whinging whinging

Kathy

D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
Excellent part and explanations for everything; however, that ending was very, very sad mecry

Hope everything will work out ok for them!

And I also hope we get the next part soon!

smile

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
/drools all over newest ML-fic part/ No particular reason, the part isn't really special compared to the others. Doesn't even stand out. You know, it's like with climbing all the 8000m summits. Having a billion, or a billion and 100 million. It doesn't really make much of a difference at this point.

Anyway blush

I really love this version of Lois. she's such a dichotomy and as a hilarious ADD problem when it comes to Clark and serious discussions. Of course, I bet if Lois and Clark positions while getting room service had been reversed, Clark would have had trouble too. Only he would have been able to remedy the problem of Lois putting on a bathrobe hiding her shapes from sight.

I do admit, I did not expect this revelation to go smoothly. But that's mainly because of previous fics building a certain prejudice to how Lois would react. When viewed on it's own, you put this into a wonderful package, including the bow on top.

You *tease* clap

“Given that he’s currently serving a life sentence with no possibility of parole, I’m pretty confident in saying that he’s not the science advisor to the Governor of New Troy anymore. And I doubt anyone is the least bit interested in his opinion of Superman.”
Okay, Bob tried to kill her about 24 hours ago if I'm not mistaken. So Clark's assumptions are a bit premature. And can he even get put away for life after only trying to rape and kill Lois, being convicted of one premeditated and aggravated murder and assault, and some drug peddling. Wouldn't that be more like 20 years in a low security institution with the possibility of parole after 3 years of good behavior and expulsion of the record after 5 more years. This way, he could still be the science advisory in 10 years from now. /does not have much faith in Metropolis's judicial system/

“No... It’s not that. Not that you were raped. But... she didn’t know the details, but she mentioned something about you getting drunk one night in your first semester of university and waking up in the morning with your hair cut really short... and, according to her, really badly. You had to go out the next day and get it evened up. She said it ended up being really short.”
Okay, Tank must be devastated. But, wouldn't Paul or Bob still have called her the resident slut of Alpha Nu Rho? Which would have caused her to investigate. Also, would they really have kept dragging her along if she vomited all over them? Which, btw. would have been a great alternative way out for her.
Oh, and does Beta Beta stand for 'Booze and Boo-' erm 'Booze and Babes'?

“Then trust me when I say... you have no competition.”

Lois grinned. “Well, I won’t after I find a place to bury the body.”
/dies laughing/

“I’m not every woman. I’m the time traveler’s wife. I’ll just be sure to drop my towel at the first possible opportunity.”
/michael zombie falls apart from laughing/

“I love you, too,” she finally managed to get out just as the window closed behind him. Her knees giving out, she fell to the floor, her heart broken. It felt as if a part of her had suddenly been ripped away, leaving a giant hole inside her.
This is the middle of part 5. So what else is going to be in there. And how will things play out. and you are going to follow this EoD nonsense and I'm already hyping for another fix and is it Thursday morning already?

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
I love this story. It combines some of my favorite things. Time Travel and Alt worlds. I love how you've tied together all the time lines. I can't wait to see what's going to happen next!

I heart Clark Kent.
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Don't you mean, 'with a GROAN'?
Uhh... yeah. blush

I don't think there is any way Bob could have been convinced and sentenced in a couple days.
Oops. You're right. This shouldn't be in there. This is a mistake made during editing. Thanks for pointing it out. smile

I expect you've thought of these things already, but man, it just shows how many bases need to be covered in a time travel story!
laugh

But, wouldn't Paul or Bob still have called her the resident slut of Alpha Nu Rho? Which would have caused her to investigate.
First, neither Paul or Bob called her a slut. Ryan called her a slut. That never happened in the original history because Molly wouldn't have sent Ryan away on that particular Sunday (since the reason she did that was because of questions about Ryan's involvement in Lois' drugging). So he would have been with Molly. And Ryan would never have dared say what he said if he thought Molly would hear him.

As for Lois investigating... Obviously, in my story, originally Lois didn't investigate. Otherwise, Clark wouldn't have had a headache. Besides, Lois was too busy trying to fix her hair to do any investigating.

I love how you've tied together all the time lines.
This is a good way to wrap up some loose threads/answer questions
Excellent part and explanations for everything
Really good conversation and explanation
Thanks. Given what happens next wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Just when she thought he’d heard it all, that it couldn’t get any weirder, it just did. Time travel... okay. Flying aliens... maybe. Superheroes... doubtful, but possible. Other dimensions with other versions of her visiting him, making him realize that he desperately wanted to meet her... not a chance.
But Lois, look at where you are! wink

Her bottom lip came out in a pout when he picked up a hotel robe and slipped it on. Not fair. There ought to be a law against...
/fans self at the thought of Clark in the buff and totally agrees with Lois's sentiment/

Was she really using Star Trek as her primary research source to understand her current reality?
/falls out of chair laughing at great line/

No matter what was in his past, she was his future - just as much as he was her future. The rest would work itself out.
/almost weeps into handkerchief at sheer romance and promise of the statement/

“Uh huh,” she responded. “Not that you had already fallen in love with me or anything?”

He chuckled. “You’d like that, wouldn’t you? Me in some sloppy robe, crying into a tub of rocky road ice cream while mooning over your picture.”
/laughs and laughs at role-reversal/

“I want happily ever after. After all, happily ever after at the very least has got to include weekly trips to The Fudge Castle.”
Of course! Of course! How could any decent happily ever after omit chocolate?

Top Banana
Top Banana
Sorry for skipping on feedback.. again, but I am thoroughly enjoying this story.

Yay for Lois and Clark getting married
Boo for Lois and Clark getting separated, but that had to happen sooner or later. frown

So what would we see in the next part(s)?
- Clark skipping to 1997 to see what carnage Wells was worried about
- Lois trying to cope with the separation from her husband while immersing herself in either stories & studies or chocolate or both
- Lois getting a doctor's appointment..(Just in case Clark-93 asks for more tangible proof of her knowing him intimately smile1 smile1

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
/starts clock/ Just a teeny tiny bit over 8 hours now.

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Reading all the speculation, let me just say this: I think the next part will... suprise a lot of people. laugh

ML wave

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Loving the story... can't wait for the next part to be posted! Counting the minutes! LOL

BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
I'm late to provide feedback, but wanted to say a couple of things. I loved the marriage and waffy revelation. Boo! that Herb showed up. Gasp! about the carnage in the future. And Whah!! grumble

Waiting impatiently for the next part,
BJ

MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Having problems with my internet connection. But I seem to be back on now. So I'm hoping to get the next part up on time.

ML wave

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard