R
Thoughts?

D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
Loved Lois and Clark picking out baby names! That was so sweet and cute! clap

Those nightmares of Clark do not sound to good ... is something bad going to happen? Is it a premonition of sorts? However, Lois is always right, right?

smile

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Great part as usual. Clark is only human after all. wink
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I, too, enjoyed the discussion about the baby names! I wouldn't have picked Lucy myself, but, oh well... (I guess that these days, when so many people give their kids names like Tiffany, Track and Trigs, it's nice that there are still those who'd name their offspring Jon and Lucy... but what is wrong with Katherine?)

I loved them feeling the baby kick! So sweet. And I liked them telling Jon the news about his little sister.

As for Clark's recurring nightmares, this was very interesting:

“What the hell are you doing here?” Clark growled.

“I belong here. This is the corner of your mind you relegated me to. The question is, what are you doing here? You have everything you’ve ever asked for, everything you’ve ever wanted, and you still keep finding your way back to this place. It’s pathetic really.”

Clark seized Nor’s shirt in both fists, shaking him violently. “You’re dead. I killed you. You don’t exist anymore!” Clark yelled in the other man’s face.

Nor chuckled as he shook his head. “It’s amazing how simple you really are. I exist because you can’t let go of me. You run away, but you can’t help yourself. You come back here, time and again, looking for…I don’t know, abuse, self-loathing, something equally ridiculous.”
Sorry about the long quote. But now Clark understands that "Nor" comes from himself, not that he didn't know it before. But I think he realizes, more than before, that he'd better try to come to terms with himself if he is to get rid of those nightmares. He is strong; remember, Clark, Lois told you so, and she is always right!

And I hope Jiang will be caught and charged soon!

Ann

R
Rac Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
R
Hi Ann,

It's not Lois's sister, Lucy, that Lois suggests naming the baby after, it's Clark's sister, Keir El, who died before he was born, way back in the first part of this story.

Rac

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Very interesting with Clark's sort-of nightmare. I take it this was one he hasn't had before. Maybe it means he's finally getting to deal with his issues at the root level, in his subconscious. He's been doing well, but a lot of it has been just forcing himself to respond to things a certain way.

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Aww, this started so sweet.

“Was it any good?” she asked as he handed it to her.

“I found it riveting,” he said with a grin.

She took the book and flipped through it, reading it at super speed, smiling at the silly watercolor illustrations as she did. Lois looked up at her husband. “Are you ready to do this?” she asked.
And their domestic use of superpowers is just plain adorable blush

But you couldn't leave well enough alone evil laugh

“Nor was in it. Just taunting me about the fact that I can’t get over killing him. That I can’t…” He sighed, trying to make sense of it all in his head. But it didn’t make any sense. “I can’t do this anymore. I can’t keep trying to wall off the different parts of my life from each other. When I’m with you, I feel like I’m me. Like I’m the guy I’ve been trying to be this whole time. But with Jiang…I spend so much time just thinking about what he did to us, what he could have done…and all I feel is rage. I spend a lot of my patrols just following him…and it’s so easy to imagine tearing him apart. I killed someone once…and it almost destroyed me. Now I want to do it again.”
At least he told Lois about it. Finally.

He opened his mouth to speak but couldn’t think of anything to say except, “I hope you’re right.”

“Of course I’m right; I’m always right,” she replied matter-of-factly.
That's right. He still has clocked in much less Lois-time than normal at this age, so it's natural that he is still lacking some of the conditioning. The *wife* is *always* right.

Michael

PS: Unless she's wrong. In which case, the previous statement applies.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
That's right. He still has clocked in much less Lois-time than normal at this age, so it's natural that he is still lacking some of the conditioning. The *wife* is *always* right.

Michael

PS: Unless she's wrong. In which case, the previous statement applies.
LOL, Michael!

Ann

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Nor chuckled as he shook his head. “It’s amazing how simple you really are. I exist because you can’t let go of me. You run away, but you can’t help yourself. You come back here, time and again, looking for…I don’t know, abuse, self-loathing, something equally ridiculous.”
I found the dream about Nor a very powerful and moving part. Forgiveness is the only way forward, and Clark has to eventually be able to forgive himself.

The fact that he was able to talk with Lois about this (finally!) is, I think, a good first step.

Excellent part.

R
Rac Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
R
Thanks for your comments, everyone.

DW, glad you enjoyed their banter over baby names, it was a fun part to write, too.

Thanks, Artemis, good to hear you liked this part.

I agree, Ann, Clark needs to listen to his better half. wink I also agree that the 'Nor' Clark is arguing with is really part of himself. He can't get over the past until he comes to terms with it.

Thanks for your astute analysis, Amy. I agree this nightmare wasn't like the previous ones.

A wise philosophy, Michael. wink

Thanks, Iolan, more is coming up soon!

Regards,

Rac

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard