Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
peep

(Maybe I'll just hide behind this brick wall for a while)

ML peep

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
- CC Aiken, The Late Great Lois Lane
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
AAAAAAAAAARGH!
Not. Funny.
Part 4 is almost over. Lois is likely to be dead. Clark has 3 more parts to fix it.
Next part 2 day away wallbash
/must find Molly. Need her to hack into computer/
Michael
PS: a thought from last part. wouldn't it be cool if more computers would be connected? you know for remote information retrieval.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Features Writer
Features Writer
<<GASP!!!>>/TEEEEJ Clutching heart!

ML!! OH please please please don't pull a joss whedon on us!

TEEEEEJ/anxiously awaiting next segment

Jayne Cobb: Shepherd Book once said to me, "If you can't do something smart, do something RIGHT!
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Lois is likely to be dead AND raped! ML, you come back here right this moment and fix things!!!

Ann

Blogger
Blogger
That's so unfair! whinging

How could you leave us poor readers hanging like that? wink

Could the blood on Bob be his own? She is Lois Lane. Maybe she beat him up. clap

Ann99

F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Delightful tale, great fun.

Had his decision to come into the past resulted in Lois dying six years earlier than she would have otherwise?
Ha, no chance. Come on Kent didn't you see
Stafford being brought out of the building, hair messed up, clothing skewed, blood on his face and hands and soaking the front of his shirt.
where do you think all that blood came from? As always Lois kicks ass.

Framework4
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
“Well, at least I can complete the act. How’s Linda doing these days anyway? Any... frustration showing?”
oooooh SNAAAAAP! Well that was a low blow.

I agree, I think that Lois gave Bob a little ass whoppin. Serves him right too, thinking Lois would go down that easily. :rolleyes:

Sarah,

Tempus: You want to know the future, Miss Lane? No one works, no one argues, there are 9,000 channels and nothing on!
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
You're killing me Smalls.....

I heart Clark Kent.
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Had his decision to come into the past resulted in Lois dying six years earlier than she would have otherwise?
Yipes! Time to hop into the time machine, go back half an hour, and rescue Lois while his slightly earlier self is still in bed. Or perhaps go back even further. I recall that when you were writing this story, you mentioned in a post that you were juggling six different timelines. IIRC, these are the ones we've seen thus far:

1) alt-Clark's "present"
2) Clark trying to talk Lois out of going to the Congo
3) Clark waiting for Lois in Brazzaville (Did you consider this to be part of the same timeline as in #2?)
4) Clark rescuing a very young Lois
5) Clark's arrival at NTU

Did I forget any jumps? If not, we still have at least one, possibly two, timelines to go. Maybe even more, if you added additional timelines to your story after your MB post. (Of course, it is also possible in theory that you pruned a timeline or two since that post, but I would guess that you hadn't.)

I must say that I did have some difficulty at first with Clark's "not my problem" attitude. That had never been his outlook even in his pre-Superman days. He always made everything his problem. But then I remembered that this wasn't really Clark, it was alt-Clark, and that made the attitude more in character.

Eagerly awaiting the drop of the next part.

Joy,
Lynn

Features Writer
Features Writer
hoping this is the correct theory, Lois bloodied this guy's nose for him, but has she had a chance to take any self defense classes before college? I seem to remember she took some AFTER college, but not before, maybe during college in her later years. Anyway, I hope you're right and she's sipping a coffee right now while the cops interview her.

Jayne Cobb: Shepherd Book once said to me, "If you can't do something smart, do something RIGHT!
Merriwether
Merriwether
Yowsa! Definitely didn't expect that. I got a real kick out of Lois's plan to let Paul and Bob incriminate themselves, and Henderson played his part out perfectly ... until he let the whole thing to go to hell in a handbasket. wink

Still, it's clear from your cliffhanger that not only should I have NOT stayed up late to read this chapter last night, I should have waited until tomorrow evening to read. I can't possibly wait 36-48 hours to find out what happened!!!

I don't have a problem with Clark reminding himself that there's no Superman here and he doesn't have to help with every problem. What did surprise me is that the bond didn't kick in as soon as Lois was in big trouble. She was brilliant for giving the important details to Molly over the phone, and we all know that Lois Lane can take care of herself the vast majority of the time. But with a gun involved and this Lois without years of martial arts training behind her ... yikes! I'm hoping against hope that the police arrived before anything horrible could happen to Lois.

And as much as I'm hoping the blood on Bob's shirt is his own, the fact that he was able to walk out under his own power while the ambulance is awaiting a patient is making me very nervous!

Sure you don't want to double up again and give us another part tonight? Pleeeeeeese? grovel

Kathy

Top Banana
Top Banana
Hey!! Don't thumbsup

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
PS: a thought from last part. wouldn't it be cool if more computers would be connected? you know for remote information retrieval.
What a cool idea. I hope someone follows up on this idea of yours. laugh

ML!! OH please please please don't pull a joss whedon on us!
laugh

ML, you come back here right this moment and fix things!!!
laugh

How could you leave us poor readers hanging like that?
Do I take it you didn't enjoy the way this part ended? laugh

Delightful tale, great fun
Glad someone is enjoying it. laugh

I recall that when you were writing this story, you mentioned in a post that you were juggling six different timelines.
I don't recall ever saying how many different time lines I was juggling. Be interested to read that quote.

Still, it's clear from your cliffhanger that not only should I have NOT stayed up late to read this chapter last night, I should have waited until tomorrow evening to read. I can't possibly wait 36-48 hours to find out what happened!!!
wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
Top Banana
Top Banana
You are an EVIL EVIL person, ML. whinging

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always
depend on the support of Paul.

-George Bernard Shaw
D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
ML, I think your reaction to clap

However, that ending ...... confused

I do hope that Lois is NOT raped and dead and that Lois did in fact kicked Bob's ass!

Also, I think KathyB has an excellent suggestion - you can post the next part this evening and put all of us out of our misery, because even though there are some that thinks Lois kicked Bob's ass, there is a part that despairs Lois being dead!

So, please put us out of our misery!!!! (and I also wished I only checked later, say, over the weekend, to read to parts and find out what happens next immediately, than waiting to know).

Oh, and you are evil evil (which, at times, can be good, but not with this ending!)

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
I don't recall ever saying how many different time lines I was juggling. Be interested to read that quote.
Oops! My apologies! I was mis-attributing to you something which CarolM had written; specifically
Plotting Unanswered Prayers which has 6? different timelines gave me headaches like you wouldn't believe - so I understand!
which can be found here .

My apologies for that. I guess my memory was Swiss-cheesed. frown

Joy,
Lynn

MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
You are an EVIL EVIL person, ML. And I mean the REALLY evil kind. What you do to us...
Also, I think KathyB has an excellent suggestion - you can post the next part this evening and put all of us out of our misery
Actually, I am considering posting tonight. I have the next part nearly ready to go and I do need to make up some time if I want to get it posted before Thanksgiving. So...

ML wave

F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Originally posted by KathyB:
while the ambulance is awaiting a patient is making me very nervous!
What ambulance?
The sirens were gone, but there was no mistaking the flashing red and blue lights up ahead.
I don't know about your local area, but in mine blue is reserved for Police. So no ambulance.

Plus if the future was changed again we'd expect to see Clark doubled over in pain briefly as he has in other parts.

Originally posted by shimauma:
I seem to remember she took some AFTER college,
Well this Lois Lane was played by Teri Hatcher, so would have learned how to deal with guys as soon as she got a figure in High School. Granted she may have taken up the arts after college but I'm sure she learned how to take out a male by the time she was 16.

evil Originally posted by MLT:
if I want to get it posted before Thanksgiving. So...
Now that is evil!

Framework4
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by MLT:
if I want to get it posted before Thanksgiving. So...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now that is evil!
Uhh... Not sure how that is evil. wave

K
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
K
Tonight ML. Please, please notworthy

KateB
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard