Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#73649 09/09/10 02:12 AM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Preview of 49

Clark landed with Lois at the back door of Perry's fishing shack. He'd been right about it being private - it was built atop a small rise, nestled into a clearing surrounded by a screen of tall trees.

"We could be the only people on earth," Lois said as she surveyed the scenery.

"That sounds perfect to me," Clark replied as he flipped back the mat and uncovered the key. He unlocked the door and stood back for his bride to enter. She smiled as she passed him - a smile that smouldered with promise. He followed her in and locked the door.
FDK here!

Thanks

Corrina.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
"I have wondered if it would be possible - after ... well, after I'm more familiar with ... well, if I could have you out of the suit and into clothes in as little time as it takes me to change."
Oh, Clark is just so darn cute when he is shy!! Makes me want to just eat him up!
Great part. I didn't see the switch with the opal for the Kryptonite coming. I knew the opal played a role, but I didn't anticipate this!
Glad you are posting so frequently. NOW, on to the honeymoon. Although it will be the PG version, I'm sure it will be a lot of fun.
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Hah, that's a great part! And what a perfect idea to swap Mayson's kryptonite for a piece of prime opal! Imagine that I used to be so suspicious of Seb. This was a great solution to the Green K dilemma!

And I love your portrait of Lois here. What a wife Clark has gotten for himself! (Not that Lois hasn't gotten herself a truly - well - super husband!) laugh

Ann

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
can't wait (seriously can't wait) for the next part! Hopefully lots of goodies wink

~I Love this tragic sometimes magic awful beautiful life!~
Kerth
Kerth
I can see some interesting repercussions coming, especially if Lex gets hold of it.

And what will Lois give Seb in return for it, I wonder...?

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
Top Banana
Top Banana
I wondered what Seb noticed... huh

~Sheila

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
Excellent part again and very clever (and lois-ish) for Lois to figure out that Mayson had the green-K. Also clever for her to ask Seb for the green opal (opal which is one of my favourite stones because of the changing colours) and very sweet of Seb to trust and believe Lois and to give the rock to her. However, he has known her for a long time and would know that she has good reasons (and Seb would still have given the rock should Lois have told him the truth).

I can just imagine the look on Mayson's face when her plans to destroy/control Superman goes awry - maybe she'll think the rock "lost" it power somehow, even though it is still "glowing".

Looking forward to the rest! (as always)

laugh

Oh, and I am also wondering what Seb noticed!

M
Blogger
Blogger
M
Another great update. I have never anticipated a story more. You have me checking for updates daily, almost hourly. I hope they manage to get one up on Mayson. Seb and Chris are cute. I bet he noticed her rings on her finger. She probably forgot to take them off. I look foreward to your next update.

T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
It's most probable the Seb noticed the wedding ring which Lois forgot to take off.

I would think that Lois would feel obligated to Seb to replace, or pay for the opal in some way. Maybe she can get her super husband to 'mine' a few choice pieces to act as payment for the one she took.

Tank (who knows that it would be too much to hope that Lois' disguise as a young man would include a haircut)

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Ah, the opals come back in! Very nice. Can't wait to see what Mayson thinks when it has no effect on Superman any more.

Could Lois possibly have been more confusing in her plea to Seb to not let Chris know she's wrong about something? smile Talk about babble mode.

Well, she took the rings off (or was that an update?), but I'm guessing Seb noticed the affected skin there.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hmmm. When I read it the rings were off and in her pocket. She wouldn't have affected skin on that finger in that short a time unless the rings were cheap and poorly made, which I doubt is the case.
huh
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Beat Reporter
Online Content
Beat Reporter
Yay!!! you're back!!! And earlier than expected!!!!

And Yay again to Lois!!! I was sure they would figure out it had been Mayson and work out something, but I surely wasn't expecting Lois to have a plan ready on her wedding night.

Loved her plan, loved the scene with Seb (and you have me wondering just what it is that he noticed)

The only way to make this even better (and add up another Yay, would be part 49 laugh )

Cris
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wow, I never expected them to switch it. Just appropriate it. And wouldn't it be fun if Mayson held it up to Superman and he just faked weakening and then stood straight again and just took it away from her? laugh

And they're *so* cute together.

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
S
SJH Offline
Features Writer
Features Writer
S
They are cute together. And Lois-be gentle.

"I'm red-eyed, tired and drunk" Teri Hatcher
"Fun will now commence" 7of9
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Sorry - I'm a long way behind on FDK-FDK.

Artemis I'm so glad the opal switch was unexpected. I've been heading towards this for so long, and I was sure someone would guess.

Thanks, Artemis.

Ann You knew there was something happening with the opal, Ann. You kept on mentioning it in FDK! Thanks for your comments.

2A2TV Thanks for your enthusiasm. More parts are posted.

Marcus Uhhm, Lex. He could do a lot of damage with a piece of green opal laugh Thanks.

Sheila You will find out what Seb noticed, but probably not until the end of the fic. Thanks, Sheila.

DW Thanks, DW. Mayson still has a big part to play in this fic.

mika Thanks. Lois did take off her rings. She almost forgot, but did it just before meeting Seb.

Tank Clark probably could mine some opal quite easily. Lois will inadvertently give Seb something that he will value far more than opal. Thanks, Tank.

Amy The opals had to come back in! I spent too many words setting it up to just let it dangle! Thanks for your FDK, Amy.

Cristina Thanks, Cristina. The plan to switch the opal was foreshadowed a long time ago when LnC rescued the family whose van had run off the road. Then, it was Lois who quickly planned what to do - and how best to use Clark's skills. Same thing, here.

Michael Mayson will try to use her 'green rock', but in a different way to how most people are thinking! Thanks, Michael.

SJH Be gentle with Mayson?? laugh Thanks, SJH.

Corrina.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard