Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Dr. Emmett Brown is not my creation. He is the scientist who invented the time machine in Back To The Future - which you Back To The Future fans may have already figured out from my description.

ML wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
- CC Aiken, The Late Great Lois Lane
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
“They are? That’s more than this article tells me. Some woman ‘believes’ something may have been slipped into her drink. The other woman can’t tell us anything because she’s dead. Sorry, Lane. This is my call. And I say no. I’m not going to start a panic on campus without solid proof.”
Well done. I wondered why Clark was letting her get away with such vague language.

If she re-writes the article with the facts it will be much more powerful.

I assume you will have her try to peddle this story to Perry at the Planet and have him drag out the details about the GHB?

Or do you plan to have Paul call the source quoted, the Metropolis coroner, James Seymour, and find out it is GHB and print his own article?

Paul is right saying "believes" is way too vague. However I can see him finding out about Lois from the coroner and including her as another victim, name withheld to protect her privacy, then running his article in the school paper.

Framework4
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Gaaaahhh! Paul!!!! Can I strangle him?

But what a great chapter! So Donny Landover is smart enough to realize that the football players will ruin themselves for real if they hurt Lois.

Clark looked on in disbelief. If he’d found her a moment later or been unable to distract the football players by shaking the building... He shuttered to think what the consequences might have been.
Lois and Molly and the football players thought it was an earthquake, but it was just Clark shaking the building! rotflol

(By the way, it should be "shuddered".)

Then they both fell silent as the tension between them seemed to rise. Lois saw Charlie’s eyes flick down to her lips and her mouth parted slightly, her heart rate picking up in anticipation. Was this it? Was he finally going to kiss her?

“Well, anyway... Well, I should...” Charlie said, backing towards the door.

“Right,” Lois said, trying to quash her disappointment.
Aww... frown

Satisfied with his reasoning, he again sat down in the machine, dropping some more of his gold into the fuel input valve and pushed the power button.

Sparks were flying almost immediately. Jumping from the machine, he blew cold air over the panel. The sounds of life coming from the machine died almost instantly. He sank down onto the side of the bed, stared at the frozen panel on the now dead machine and felt... almost relieved.
Ha! Clark can't go back! I can understand that he is 'almost' relieved! laugh

The next few days developed into something of a pattern. Clark used the mornings while Lois was in class to continue his research into time travel.

He’d tried reading Einstein’s theoretical writings on the subject. But without a science background, the information had been hard going. And in the end, he had to say that he still didn’t really understand what he’d read.
Sorry to break it to you, Clark, but... Einstein would have said that time travel is impossible! Sorry! wink

“Dr. Brown, please. If someone were stuck in the past, how would you advise them to get home?” Clark had asked.

Brown had simply muttered something incomprehensible about lightning, DeLorean sports cars and clock towers.
So that's what it takes to travel in time! Start with a DeLorean sports car! Don't forget to drive by a clock tower... how about Big Ben? laugh

Lois glanced over at Charlie as the two of them walked up the steps to the coroner’s office. So far the investigation wasn’t going nearly as well as she’d hoped. On the other hand, she wasn’t sure that she didn’t sort of relish the time it was taking. After all, once it was over, would Charlie leave? Was that why he’d stayed so long in 1987 - because he wanted to help her with this investigation. Her heart ached at the thought of losing him. How was it that she’d managed to become so attached to him in just a week?
Adorable! Lois expects "Charlie" to go home soon! She doesn't know that he isn't able to.

And they know about Angelina Wesley, and Lois wrote a great article about it, and that creep Paul rejected it. Why? Could he be involved in the GHB case himself?

Lois, now is the time to take this piece of investigative journalism to - well, why not to the Daily Planet?

Ann

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Most important stuff now, rest later...

1987? Yeah, the Doc doesn't havel the foggiest laugh

And I think Bob mixed the GHB for his friend after his performance mishap last Year. This means he can still score with the ladies. Then with the Linda thing, Paul realizd she stole th story, but since he thinks she's hotter than Lois, he conspired with Linda's brothers to make Lois into a joke.

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
So then he’d taken a flight out to Hill Valley, California, to talk to a Dr. Emmett Brown.
Brown had simply muttered something incomprehensible about lightning, DeLorean sports cars and clock towers.
dizzy

Perry: (To Lois) Honey, this could be greatest story since Superman came to town. By-the-by, where is that husband of yours?
--Faster Than a Speeding Vixon
Top Banana
Top Banana
So the time machine is not working. Did the bowler hat-tipping traveler do something? I think in the future Clark should also memorize H G Wells' heartbeat.

The footballer situation was neatly resolved <relieved sigh>. We *have* seen the last of them, right?

Hey I just thought of something. Sugar Bowl... Kansas (with a certain dark-haired bespectacled player) and New Troy would not be in same conference grouping right?

So far, Charlie hasn't met anyone from his past who knows him. Maybe Lana Lang can be visiting Metropolis and she spots Charlie with Lois.. smile1

cool thumbsup

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I liked the joint Lois/Molly investigation.

Lois's article did seem a little light on facts. If her only goal is to warn women to watch their drinks, she could do that by posting fliers around campus.

I'm also enjoying the FDK speculation about contemporary Clark.

MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
I'm enjoying the speculation. Once again, my answer to it is yes... or no... or... why didn't I think of that? laugh

By the way, it should be "shuddered"
Thanks, Ann. Of course, maybe he was shuttering. After all, the Cozy Motel could use some reshuttering to straighten up those shutters. laugh

I *loved* the Back to the Future references!
For all of you who enjoyed my Back To The Future references, you can thank Gerry for that. She was the one who gave me the idea.

but eventually, he's going to have to go back to his own time.
He is? laugh

And...
Come on, we need a first kiss.
If that's how you feel, just think about how Lois feels. laugh

I liked the joint Lois/Molly investigation.
Glad you're enjoying that. I think they make a pretty good team, too.

Anyway, again, thanks for the comments. Glad you're enjoying the story.

ML wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
I also think that Wells tampered with the time machine and that maybe Clark traveling back in time was part of his plan or something.

If Clark stays in the 1987 timeline, his true self is also still in that timeline, so I don't think he can really stay. So, he has to tell Lois the truth (even though she might know some of it already) and explain that they will see each other in a couple of years. Which will be a kind of sad good-bye - it being years before Lois sees Clark again and it being almost instantaneous for Clark. Also, then Claude would most likely not happen as Lois will be in love with Charlie/Clark.

I am also concerned about Paul and that he might have some evil intentions re Lois' very vague article.

Looking forward to the next part!

smile1

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
On the other hand, why can't Clark stay in the past? All he has to do is set up the Charlie King identity.

But... what if past Clark starts hearing about mysterious rescues made by future Clark (Charlie King) in the past? What will past Clark do? Certainly he'd be interested in finding someone who is just like him (literally).

And that's only one problem. So many others!

Will Clark get back to the future? And what's happened to it, given all the time he's spent with Lois and everything they've done together?

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
And another thing... Is Clark going to end up like the spaghetti sauce?

Read "The Men Who Murdered Mohammed" by Alfred Bester to understand what I mean by that.

Top Banana
Top Banana
My favorite quote from this chapter:

“I told you,” Lois said. “There is nothing like a little breaking and entering to make you forget about some jerk.” smile1

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
I know I haven't been commenting but I have been reading.

And I *loved* Emmitt Brown's appearance wink . Lightning and a DeLorean indeed!!!!!

MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Read "The Men Who Murdered Mohammed" by Alfred Bester to understand what I mean by that.
Didn't read the story, but I did look at a summary of it. Interesting theory.

But---you've hinted that Clark might stay in the past??? But what about the random pains he's been having? What damage is he doing to the timeline?
Oh, so many questions... laugh

And I *loved* Emmitt Brown's appearance . Lightning and a DeLorean indeed!!!!!
Glad you enjoyed that, Carol.

Anyway, I guess I should get busy and do my final editing for the next section. Next part at midnight (I think).

ML wave

Features Writer
Features Writer
I'm enjoying this. I hadn't seen it before today so I read it all in one sitting. I'm looking forward to the next installment.

MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Missed your comment, Shayne. Glad you're enjoying the story.

ML wave

Merriwether
Merriwether
If I were Clark and always looking for the silver lining, I'd say that the best part of being too busy to read this story for a few days is having more than one chapter to read when I finally resurface.

“Not that she ever even knew she was in danger,” Lois said. “Is it just me, or does anyone else wish she could have at least been scared witless?”
Ooo! Me! Pick me!

He sank down onto the side of the bed, stared at the frozen panel on the now dead machine and felt... almost relieved.
The plot thickens! Or at least gets more romantic. And I know how he feels. On one hand, I'm worried about all the damage he's doing to the timeline. On the other, yay, more Charlie and Lois! thumbsup

So then he’d taken a flight out to Hill Valley, California, to talk to a Dr. Emmett Brown.
You know, when I first read this scene, I though, "oh, how cute, ML threw in a little Back to the Future reference for kicks". Then I thought, "Hey, wait a minute ... this wasn't just for kicks ... she might be trying to tell us something here!!" And if my theory is right, that something is that, just like in BttF, changing the past can change the future without everything going kerflooey. Maybe. If we're very lucky. *fingers crossed*

“No. Just thinking about how slowly this investigation seems to be going.”

“Sometimes investigations are like that. Don’t worry. Something is bound to break soon. Maybe even right now.” On the last words, he opened the door to the building, allowing Lois to step through before him.
I wonder when Lois is going to clue in that Clark is a reporter. She's distracted right now, but if he keeps saying things like this, she's gonna have to put two and two together that it's not a coincidence that he's *so* good at this investigative stuff.

“Sorry, Lane. This is my call. And I say no. I’m not going to start a panic on campus without solid proof.”
Uh oh ...

So the question becomes, is Lois going to just get in deeper to get that proof? Does a bear ... well, you know. wink

Yay for another part to read right away! Off to 3d. smile

Kathy

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard