Next Thread
Print Thread
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
...famous last words...

ML wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
- CC Aiken, The Late Great Lois Lane
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Yeah, famous last words!!!! Right before the bad guys come in! smile

I did NOT expect HG Wells right now! Does he know that Clark is here?

And Lois learns more and more about "Charlie"! Even that Charlie is not his real name.... Clark, you are in trouble. laugh But now he's leaving without saying good-bye! frown Wonder where he'll end up now.......

Oh, one slip on the Clark/Charlie bit:

Lois grinned, slipping her arm through his. “Still protecting your virtue, I see, Mr. Kent.”

Perry: (To Lois) Honey, this could be greatest story since Superman came to town. By-the-by, where is that husband of yours?
--Faster Than a Speeding Vixon
Top Banana
Top Banana
Ooh! Good part!

So, we have to speculate why Wells showed up... and where will Clark end up? huh

But now that Lois is on the trail to realizing Charlie isn't all he seems, how far will she be able to trail him if he heads to the future? We know Lois can't let THIS story just die!

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
Top Banana
Top Banana
Nice! Okay, so I'm trying to think of what time-changes were caused by Clark's "you were drugged" intervention.

1) Lois and Charlie interacted (obviously), with Lois finding more and more about his powers including Charlie is not his real name.

2)Lois investigating the footballers a second time. I'm guessing in the original timeline whatever untoward might have happened to Lois at the party, the footballers would have left her alone after that and she'd probably have thought she got drunk. eek

3) A potential news story on GHB and other date rape drugs penned by Lois Lane (if she survives her break-in at the stadium) smile1 thumbsup

Oh and, does Lois still have Charlie's jacket with her?

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
“I’m warning you to stay away from her... if you know what’s good for you. Otherwise... you’ll be the one experiencing a ‘world of hurt.’ Got it?”
So, she’s going to be dead as soon as Clark leaves frown Is it possible that Lois’s threesome, maybe interrupted by a vomiting session actually settled the debts? /shudders/

Lois snapped her eyes up to his from where they had been absentmindedly checking out the cut of his jeans.
The way you put this, it sounds completely harmless. And yet, when you translate… Lois’s mind is certainly in the gutter. Or at least southwards of her heart laugh

And if his hearing was that good, what about his other senses? Might he not have exceptional eyesight, touch, taste or smell as well? She couldn’t be certain, but she tucked those away in a corner of her mind for future reference before turning her mind back to Charlie’s hearing.
She could always try find out using the method from
Lost in Time
Oblivious to her eyes on him, his hand slid inside the front of
his briefs, innocently adjusting himself. Her breath caught in
her throat and she felt an instant reaction in her own body. Her
muscles tightened as, without conscious thought, she strained
forward for a better view.

Suddenly, he stilled, tilting his head to the side, and appeared
to be sniffing the air. She froze. His supersmell couldn't be
that good - could it?

"How you doing out there?" Kent asked.
His eyes flicked down to her lips and she felt her tongue come out to moisten them. He gave a small groan, moving his head down to...

“Hey, kid.”
clap

“But how would...” Molly’s eyes widened. “You’re planning to break in?” she asked in disbelief.

A smile spread across Lois’ face. “Wanna come?” she asked.
Girls gone wild, huh?

A small man, wearing an old fashioned suit and a bowler hat was standing there, watching her. He tipped his hat when he noticed her looking at him.
Oops? Somebody is going to be in tro-ouble!

Funny, though. He couldn’t recall reading a story by Lois about date rape drugs. And he thought he’d read everything she’d ever published - some of her articles many, many times. Maybe she’d never found the proof she needed to..
For a moment I thought Clark’s memory was starting to become affected.
Or the idea had never occurred to her and so she’d never investigated it.

Damn!
/wipes brow in relief/

The room was embarrassingly easy to break into. All it took was her university ID, slipped between the door and the frame, and the door opened as easily as slicing a hot knife through butter.
I wanted to mention this in 2b’s FDK. But oh well. She certainly sounds like she’s done this before. Or did she just watch too much TV.
“Hey, calm down. I’m not exactly an expert at this yet.”
eek I’m really starting to think Lois is taking the IR-201 course, covering subjects from light B&E to sweeping evidence. Too bad that charming your way into the men’s club is covered in IR 301.

“Of course I’m right. What could possibly go wrong?”
Clark’s leaving. Lois and Molly get caught. Clark returns to a Metropolis where Lois’s body was found days later showing obvious signs of all sorts of mistreatment.

/glares at ML for not posting twice a day/

Michael

PS: Remind me, why is Clark staying in the past with Lois and playing house, raising a family, such a bad idea?

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
What could possibly go wrong?
help

Come back and post NOW, ML!

(Great part, btw)

Ann

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Hi MLT,

I am continuing to enjoy your story very much.

“For some unfathomable reason, she didn’t want me to go to the bathroom with her.”
rotflol

Charlie grabbed Frank by the lapels of his football jacket and spun him around,
Ouch. Part of me is cheering "Charlie" on at this, but a larger part is grimacing at the thought of what this is doing to the already messed-up timeline. I'm also wondering what new aches and pains this will cause Clark.

It was as if he was trying to figure out the right answer.
There is no right answer to some questions, Clark. This is one of them!

Maybe it was in his jeans or something.
More like in his genes.

“What about you?” he finally asked.
Oh, Clark, Clark, Clark, Clark, Clark! She may be the one for you, but NOT at this time! Don't hit on her now, unless you want to change the timeline even more!

He gave a small groan, moving his head down to...

“Hey, kid.”
So Joe is "in loco Jimmie-is"! Given the potential implications to the timeline, I actually welcomed this interruption!

A small man, wearing an old fashioned suit and a bowler hat was standing there, watching her
Wells has come to save the day -- or at least try to. smile

So... had he already changed the future?
Clark is only just now beginning to wonder this? He is slow on the uptake! I guess being in the presence of Lois has befuddled his thinking.

I just had a scary thought -- If Clark tries to jump into the future, will he cease to exist because of the changed timelines? Or might there be a changed-timeline version of Clark, but not *this* version of him? If so, Wells really will be needed to salvage the situation!

What could possibly go wrong?
Them's famous last words if ever there were any!

Can't wait for the next part. smile

Joy,
Lynn

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
What are the odds that Wells fixed the time machine while Clark was at the hardware store? Of course, that would remove some of the fun.

Did Clark really leave without saying goodbye? Not even a note? He must be really scared.

MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Oh, one slip on the Clark/Charlie bit:

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lois grinned, slipping her arm through his. “Still protecting your virtue, I see, Mr. Kent.”
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks so much, lcfan. If anyone else notices any of these, please let me know. It's amazing how easy it is to make that mistake. blush

I enjoyed your list of potential changes, Ank.K.S.

(Maybe I misunderstood, but I think you said something like we'll get to see that somehow).
You'll be given some pretty compelling hints about what might have happened by the time the story is over. That was one of the things that bugged me - what might have happened if Clark hadn't arrived. I wanted to answer that question, as well as possible, by the end of the story.

quote:
Lois snapped her eyes up to his from where they had been absentmindedly checking out the cut of his jeans.

The way you put this, it sounds completely harmless.
I don't know what you're talking about. It is completely innocent. confused

PS: Remind me, why is Clark staying in the past with Lois and playing house, raising a family, such a bad idea?
Given the potential implications to the timeline, I actually welcomed this interruption!
Now what do I do? Two different ideas about how this story should proceed. Well... guess we'll just have to see what happens.

I just had a scary thought -- If Clark tries to jump into the future, will he cease to exist because of the changed timelines? Or might there be a changed-timeline version of Clark, but not *this* version of him?
Just so many possibilities... laugh

Anyway, thanks for the comments and I've enjoyed the speculation.

Oh, and...

Oh and, does Lois still have Charlie's jacket with her?
Good question. I missed that. I'll go back and have Lois give it back when they step into the Alpha Nu Rho house.

Of course, that would remove some of the fun.
And we can't remove the fun, now can we?

ML wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
Merriwether
Merriwether
Heh, famous last words indeed.

I adore Lois and "Charlie" together. I think by this point, even if he does leave without saying goodbye, she won't hold it against him too long, especially if next time they meet -- assuming the universe doesn't go kablooey and there is a next time -- he explains how he'd already screwed the timeline so completely by helping with her investigation and he had to get out of there. Of course, that also assumes that he's able to get the time machine working again and it actually takes him directly to 1993 ... and I'm not at all confident that will happen, LOL.

Hmm, though since this has now happened in 1987, 1993-Lois may be already sitting on that plane suddenly "remembering" the man who told her not to go to the Congo ... and Clark could just quit while he's ahead and go back to his own time. But then the story would be nearing the end, rather than only 1/3 of the way through, and we'd get way fewer postings than I want ... so on second thought ... Go Clark! Keep messing up that timeline! goofy

Kathy

D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
Great part again except for Joe interrupting Lois and Charlie and the end where Lois thinks "what could possibly go wrong?". Many things actually!

Looking forward to the next part smile1

T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
I'm not going to go on and on about how good this story is. It is written by MLT, that pretty much says it all.

Still, I think we can safely say that fumble bum Clark has already changed history significantly, but Wells being there and seemingly just as an observer makes one wonder. Is Clark unwittingly doing Wells' work for him? Or maybe Wells actually approves of the changes that Clark is making.

Luckily, MLT will be posting her instalments much more quickly... right?

Tank (who thinks that a good way to show that changes have been made in the timeline is for Lois to embrace the short hair styles much sooner)

MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
assuming the universe doesn't go kablooey
That's a pretty big assumption. laugh

Just think how much better than Thanksgiving dinner will taste when you don't have this story hanging over your head anymore.
I'll take that under advisement.

who thinks that a good way to show that changes have been made in the timeline is for Lois to embrace the short hair styles much sooner
laugh

Again, glad you guys are enjoying the story so far. Less than 24 hours until the next part.

ML wave

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
It is completely innocent.
Oh, sorry. I did not realize Lois was also interested in the fashion-details of jeans-wear and not in the details of the msucle shaping said jeans-wear. My bad blush

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
I just discovered a good reason to continue posting every other day. During the time between postings, I spend time going through and making corrections to the next section to be posted. So as a result of waiting two days between postings, you're hopefully getting a better story. laugh

Anyway, the next section should be up in about twenty minutes.

ML wave

H
Blogger
Blogger
H
quote: Lois snapped her eyes up to his from where they had been absentmindedly checking out the cut of his jeans.
I suspect that Lois, like most women , is much more aware of cut and fit of clothing. Styles from Clark's home time may certainly differ slightly from the past he is currently visiting. Waist ,cut and flare changes.[recall hiphuggers and bellbottoms] As an observant reporter[in training,but nonetheless], Lois may notice the strangeness or difference of the 'style' of pants he is wearing [possibly just another detail in the picture she is building of his origin. N'est pas?

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard