Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Okay, everyone. I need your help here. Keep a look out for the name Charlie. If you see a spot where I use Clark where it should be Charlie, please post and let me know. It’s hard to remember to use Charlie when Lois is thinking about Clark or when I’m writing a section from Lois’ point of view.

ML wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
- CC Aiken, The Late Great Lois Lane
Top Banana
Top Banana
Lois and Cla..Charlie are working together!!! And call what they may, that was definitely a date! Yay! laugh

I hope Clark is able to curb his 'urge to help' until he gets to his own time. Even if he doesn't get caught think of what would happen if the Clark Kent of 1987 sees him on TV or something. I am guessing this time the news was local enough..

The back pain in the stadium is troubling.. Because as far as I can remember, so far Clark's always had those 'headaches' in the vicinity of the time machine. On the other hand if his aches in the presence of Lois nudge out her Florence Nightingale routine, I'm all for it laugh

I wonder if and when Lois finds out that not only is Charlie not from a far-flung future but has a present version of himself at Midwestern Univ(?), would she try to locate him ...

thumbsup dance

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Is it bad that I wouldn't mind seeing '87 Lois and "Charlie King" hook up?

Love this story!!

"We're both barefoot, both flushed, and we both look guilty as hell. Clark has finger-combed his hair but I'm positive mine looks like I was just f… fished out of the river."

<3 this fic!
'The Next Step' By Sue S.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Is it bad that I wouldn't mind seeing '87 Lois and "Charlie King" hook up?
Me neither. wink It doesn't matter if he's ten years older than her. They are always the hottest couple. love

Bit by bit Lois is finding out all of Clark's secrets: she already knows he's a time traveler, that he flies and that he has superhuman strength. Herb will have a syncope when he finds out the mess Clark has done. The timeline will never be the same again. :p

But Clark's pains get me worried. Although Lois taking care of him made it worthy. blush

What about next part sooner? Now? grovel A girl can dream, right?

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
Merriwether
Merriwether
I'm glad Lola said it, because I kept finding myself wondering what would be so bad about "Charlie" just sticking around and leading a new life with Lois, timeline be damned. They are adorable together! But then I remembered there is a 21 year old Clark Kent out there dating Lana Lang and wishing they had more of a soulmate connection ...

(Though that's a story I'd totally read. A college age alt-Lois meeting alt-Clark, pushing Lana out in the process? Hee, that would be awesome.)

Of course, given how much worse the attacks are getting -- and now lingering help -- I think Clark would be in deep doo-doo if he tried to stick around and change things for good. Not that he isn't already pretty far along that path.

I think you did a great job of describing the early morning rescue, how coming out of a deep sleep, he completely forgot where he was (and the fact that he couldn't find his Superman suit wouldn't alert this Clark the way it would ours), and acted on instinct. But I don't blame him for shaking after the ramifications hit him. I'd been thinking that he'd be interjecting a superhero into a world that didn't have one yet, which is bad enough, but his realization that he may have saved someone who was meant to die is even bigger and more troubling than that. The timeline is already pretty well screwed by this point, isn't it?

(Now let's just hope that 21-year old Clark Kent is already off traveling the world -- or at least in the middle of cramming for an insane exam while preparing for his own football game -- and doesn't notice the "mystery man" coverage out of Metropolis. Otherwise he'd be in Metropolis like a shot, trying to figure out if he had biological family in the area ...)

Another fine cliffhanger you've left us with. I hope the fact that Clark is able to hear what Frank has planned means his powers are strong enough to protect Lois again. This would be a really bad time to have some lingering K-like symptoms ... shock

More, please! Posthaste. smile

Kathy

D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
Those back pains do not sound too great? And is Charlie/Clark still going to exist in the current timeline after all these changes that have been made?

Waiting for the next part!?!?!

smile

Top Banana
Top Banana
Aha! I thought he might experience some of his pains with Lois around--but how nice that Lois gave him a backrub thumbsup But at the same time, Clark can't hang out in this timeline with Lois forever. It's obviously having consequences for him...

I like some of the ideas you guys are posting... what if Clark from this timeline sees the news and goes to investigate?! That could get very interesting...

But I also noticed you posting that you don't have that many more parts to post... can't you extend it a bit more? This story could go in so many intriguing directions!

Anyway, however you work it out, looking forward to the next part!

dance

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
He stepped back into his motel room minutes later, shaking as the impact of what he had just done hit him. It was entirely possible that someone was alive this morning who had originally died. How exactly would that affect the time line?
[img]http://news.premiere.com/.a/6a00d8341c7a0853ef0133ed60f4f3970b-800wi[/img]

This time, however, the agony seemed to last longer and take even more out of him. When he finally rose, his joints continued to ache.
I'm not going to speculate. It's just like TNPLH. It's right in front of you, but you can't figure it out until the magician the trick behind it.

She closed her eyes. Damn! She couldn’t do it. She couldn’t betray a friend, not even to get the biggest story she was likely to see in her lifetime.
Looks like Linda stealing the story had some effect on young Lois. That and hormones laugh

Eyes that she knew and trusted. And, now that she was no longer a nine year old child, eyes that were sexy as hell. A new kind of electricity slowly charged the air around them until it seemed to practically crackle.
Yes. That's what you call having a severe case of having the hots. At least on this side of the boards...

Still, for all she knew, she was his great-great grandmother or something.
Or the mother of his children grumble

This EoD thing really has to stop. I propose twice-a-day posting. grovel

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
My power was off most of the day so it was really nice to get back here and find all these lovely comments waiting for me.

As always... Loving the speculation. Not going to respond to it. laugh But I will say this...

The timeline is already pretty well screwed by this point, isn't it?
You bring up a good point, Kathy. Wouldn't it be interesting knowing what changes have been made to the future as a result of all this? Always assuming any have, of course laugh

But I also noticed you posting that you don't have that many more parts to post... can't you extend it a bit more? This story could go in so many intriguing directions!
Not sure why you think there aren't many parts left, mozartmaid. If I continue posting every other day, you still have over a month's worth of posts to go. I'm only about a third of the way through this story.

It's right in front of you, but you can't figure it out until the magician the trick behind it.
Uhh... yes. All will be revealed in good time. But... what will it reveal? wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
Top Banana
Top Banana
blush oh duh. Just reread your post about how many parts. Gee, I feel sheepish.

Well, bring it! smile

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Don't feel sheepish, mozartmaid. I made it pretty complicated by having seven parts with all sorts of subparts. blush

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Loving this story. Definitely feeling like Clark is experiencing a less lethal version of McFly syndrome.

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Glad you're enjoying it, James.

ML wave

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard