Print Thread
#73461 09/01/10 04:20 AM
L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
Hi all,

This is my longest and most psychologically/emotionally complex story so far. If I managed to pull it off, it is in large part thanks to my wonderful BRs, Ray and Corrina (Female Hawk). If I didn't, the fault is entirely my own.

I'll post part two tomorrow.

As always, all feedback welcomed.

Joy,
Lynn

Features Writer
Features Writer
wow cool story. so much emotions. cant wait for part two

I will and always be a big fan of Lois and Clark forever and forever.
D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
Very interesting. Glad Clark didn't succeed with his suicide attempt and that Bernie called Lois!

Your descriptions of Clark's state of mind and feelings were very well portrayed.

smile

F
Kerth
Kerth
F
First off very nice tale. Well done.

Next, Lois is idiot. She should have gone to see Henderson. Cops go through this very issue on a regular basis.

Indeed cops have to also deal with killing the wrong person in the line of duty.

Framework4
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
She should have gone to see Henderson. Cops go through this very issue on a regular basis.
That's a really good idea. Cops have power, too, the power given them by society. So killing someone might be a lawful exercise of that power, and killing the wrong person would be a perversion of it. Sort of like what Superman is feeling right now. But Clark's power is so much greater that perhaps he feels a difference in degree becomes a difference in kind.

L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
My thanks to the four of you for the feedback!

lovesuper97 and DW, I'm relieved to hear that my descriptions of Clark's internal (il)logic and his emotional state worked for you. I had been extremely nervous tackling this story precisely because I was uncertain of my abilities to convey characters' emotional states. My BRs could confirm that when I had been discussing the premise for the story, I mentioned that I might not even post the story once I wrote it, depending on how it turned out. I started writing thinking that it might just wind up being a writing exercise to expand my comfort zone. It was only after the story was completed and had undergone a few rounds of beta reading that I thought it was up to snuff for posting.

Framework4 and Iolanthe, I am mostly going to refrain from comment until the latter half of the story has been posted. For now I'll just say that that is an interesting idea, and you're invited to tune in tomorrow to see what role, if any, Henderson plays in this story...

Thanks again for giving this FDK junkie her fix. wink

Joy,
Lynn

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Enjoying your story -- good job!! I keep thinking also that it should be emphasized to Clark that he naturally had to use super powers to defeat Nor as Nor was also super and of course that was why he was such a huge threat to everyone on Earth; so this makes it completely different from Clark using his powers in everyday stuff with non super humans on Earth.

Looking forward to part 2.

EvelynC
Top Banana
Top Banana
Very interesting story! I think you're conveying the trauma Clark is going through very well. He wouldn't be able to forgive himself if he killed someone, that's for sure, no matter who it was. Also, I thought you handled the logic of why he should or shouldn't commit suicide very artfully.

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
Evelyn, you make an excellent point about Nor being super-powered.

Mozartmaid, thank you for your kind words. My BRs, Ray and Corrina, both pointed out where my earlier versions of the story were lacking with regards to displaying the mental and emotional states of the characters. This is just one example of how their input improved the story immensely.

BTW, I've been meaning to say this since I first saw you posting -- I love your moniker! (Even if I am more of a Bach fan myself...)

Joy,
Lynn

Top Banana
Top Banana
Originally posted by Lynn S. M.:

BTW, I've been meaning to say this since I first saw you posting -- I love your moniker! (Even if I am more of a Bach fan myself...)

I'm an opera singer. wink And some of my favorite roles are Mozart's maids, hence the name. Some examples: Susanna (Marriage of Figaro), Despina (Cosi fan tutte), and Zerlina (Don Giovanni).

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard