Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
So we have now reached the end of part two... Only five more parts to go.

Would you believe that when I first started writing this story, I thought it was going to be three parts long. I'm still not quite sure what happened... wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
- CC Aiken, The Late Great Lois Lane
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Holy shiznitt!! She knows! thud

Sarah,

Tempus: You want to know the future, Miss Lane? No one works, no one argues, there are 9,000 channels and nothing on!
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Yes, wow! Lois found Clark's time machine and now she knows why she recognizes "Charlie"!

And Linda King is incredible. But I hope Molly will be all right!

Ann

D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
Wow! Lois figured it out! What is Charlie going to say when Lois finds him? Is he going to be honest with her? And what effect with this have on the current time line where Lois is in the Congo?

Excellent part!

clap

Merriwether
Merriwether
Oh, my! You know, when I started reading this story, I figured it would be a fun little romp where Clark would just pop in along various points along Lois's timeline, help her out, earn her trust, all with the end result of her listening to him when it came time to go off to the Congo. She'd come back to Metropolis, they'd live happily ever after, end of story.

Instead, I'm reading a tale with twists and turns galore, and a heck of a lot more complexity! I love it. laugh

It's both really cool and disconcerting that "Charlie" has given Lois all this information about GHB. It's fascinating watching Lois's investigation unfold -- especially when you add in Serena Judd and the possible connection with the dead co-ed. (A possible future foot in the door to the DP, if the investigations end up overlapping?) Yet clearly Clark is doing a lot more to change the timeline than he'd ever expected or intended ... with what seems to be very painful consequences for himself. As much as I like the changes he's making, I'm worried about what it will all mean for him.

The Molly/Ryan story is unfolding nicely, too. Wow, Molly is not only brave to keep seeing him, but extremely clever and loyal. Anyone else would either confront Ryan about what he said to Lois, or just break up with him altogether. But the fact that Molly is willing to keep associating with him, simply to make sure he doesn't suspect what Lois is looking into, shows she has an investigator's soul herself. Definitely someone worthy of a life-long friendship with Lois.

As for Linda, though ... would you believe I actually gasped out loud when Linda gave her speech about how she "had" to do it and how Lois was the one who was being a bad friend by not brushing it off? I never expected her to admit it, let alone be so clueless about the repercussions. I'm glad that Lois seems to have let go of most of her anger at Linda, though -- abandoning Linda to her fate could truly be the best revenge. Not only is she in trouble with her parents, but she's admitted to stealing the story and has lost the one person who apparently was willing to help her. (I mean, she has a house full of sorority sisters and *Lois* is her best bet for getting bailed out of jail? I can only imagine what she's done to everyone else in the house to piss them off!) Being in jail overnight may have saved her from Lois's fate at the party, but I'm not convinced her part of the story is over just yet ...

And finally, I had to grin when Lois broke into Charlie's room ... then snickered when she found the time machine. Yeah, that's exactly what anyone would have assumed -- the guy is a major wacko, LOL. But I definitely didn't expect her to figure out he was her "guardian angel" while he was still around! I figured it would all come to her afterwards. Yet another twist I didn't see coming. (Though I was glad to see my earlier question about whether he was wearing his glasses was answered -- at least I got a few things right. lol )

So ... when is Canadian Thanksgiving again? I'm both eager to read this story as quickly as possible and hoping it will keep going for a long time.

Kathy

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Hi MLT,

I haven't been posting feedback for every part (Shame on me!), but I have been reading them as time permits, and I have been enjoying the story thoroughly.

tingling at the obvious prevarication
Clark is a bad liar in any universe, it seems...Makes sense, since lying would go against his innate honesty.

“Do I know you?” she asked.
And this is where things get really interesting. I wonder how long it will be before Lois places her guardian-angel-who-hasn't-aged-in-a-decade?

Now that she thought about it, she was sure she’d seen those glasses somewhere before.
Getting warmer...

But most of all, he wanted a chance to review everything about that encounter, hoping he hadn’t done something that might change the time line.
Earth to Clark! Just about everything you said or did had a potential to change the timeline in huge ways!

He really shouldn’t have gone over in the first place.
Ya think? wink

And he thought she’d been satisfied... or at least distracted enough that she hadn’t pursued that line of thought.
The he obviously doesn't know Lois as well as he thinks he does...

“Klein’s Medical Drug Reference.”
Has Bernie been busy as an author?

as her eyes found the large... thing sitting in the center of the room <snip> Her mouth fell open when she read the title scrawled across the top. ‘A Mechanism For Travel Through Time.’
As if the timeline hadn't changed enough already...

his idyllic memory
Ummm... I think you mean "his eidetic memory". (According to m-w.com, "idyllic" means "pleasing or picturesque in natural simplicity," and "eidetic" means "marked by or involving extraordinarily accurate and vivid recall especially of visual images.")

That was just business. It wasn’t personal. Last night was personal.
Linda brings new meaning to the term "chutzpah."

“The club Paul took me to was raided.
Poetic justice!

It was almost as if Paul had been magically erased from her heart and mind.
Not magic, Lois, just a change in the timeline.

She knew where she had seen Charlie King before.
Aha! I had been starting to think that this revelation was going to wait until the next post.

And speaking of the next post...I am very much looking forward to it! smile

Joy,
Lynn

MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Holy shiznitt!! She knows!
Love that. Now I'm having images of Robin saying: "Holy shiznitt, Batman! She knows!" laugh

Oh, my! You know, when I started reading this story, I figured it would be a fun little romp where Clark would just pop in along various points along Lois's timeline, help her out, earn her trust, all with the end result of her listening to him when it came time to go off to the Congo. She'd come back to Metropolis, they'd live happily ever after, end of story.
I think that's sort of what I thought, too, when I started writing this story. But then Lois and Clark sort of hijacked the story and... laugh

So ... when is Canadian Thanksgiving again? I'm both eager to read this story as quickly as possible and hoping it will keep going for a long time.
This year, Canadian Thanksgiving is October 11th, but I suspect my company will be arriving around the 7th. So that's my date to be finished posting - although by my calculations, with my current posting schedule, I'll be finished posting October 10th. So got to work that out somewhere along the way. Or... I could just take a thanksgiving break before posting Part Seven... wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Linda is unbelievable! mad I'm glad Lois is getting over Paul so quickly. Perhaps it's because her soul mate has just stepped into her life... again! This is getting kinda crazy, I hope I can keep up! And in regards to you posting after CAN Thanksgiving, does this help motivate you some?? wildguy wildguy wildguy

Wonder what Clark finding this article will mean? Will he and Lois end up investigating it together and catching the killer thereby REALLY changing the future? Oh the possibilities are mind boggling!

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always
depend on the support of Paul.

-George Bernard Shaw
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Yeah, Linda is certainly in a class of her own. She's not a sociopath. It's more like she cares in general about what the rest of her species thinks of her, but she has no idea about the rules of engagement the rest of the world operates on. Maybe she was kept in a cellar for the first 20 years of her life?

“Well, I can say unequivocally that you were not raped. Congratulations. You’re still a virgin.”
Now that's what you call a lucky surprise, considering her nickname...
From Oops...
And women break their hymens in all sorts of ways that have nothing to do with sex so it's not as if I would suddenly be wondering who stole my virginity without my knowing about it.
She sat down in what appeared to be the driver’s seat and reached out to touch the panel before hesitating. Maybe this wasn’t such a good idea. But then how...
At that moment I was sure Clark would return to find his time machine missing laugh And Lois...

He couldn’t know for certain that this was connected to what had happened to Lois. But it had all the earmarks to set off alarm bells in his head. A young woman, Angelina Wesley, a college co-ed, found dead behind a well-known college party spot. No signs of trauma. No signs of a struggle. No indication of foul play.
Well, random plot thought. Clark tells Lois. Lois investigates and puts it on the front of the Ink. Perry reads Ink and yells at Serena why they have been scooped. And the rest, i.e. how a twenty-year-old college student became a staff-writer at the DP, is history.

She knew where she had seen Charlie King before. Ten years ago. Her guardian angel. And he hadn’t changed a bit - right down to the style of his glasses, the cut of his hair and his leather jacket. Regardless of how impossible it might seem, Charlie King was traveling through time.
Ooh, boy...

And I probably missed about half the good parts in the FDK whinging

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Wohoo! This part had everything I was hoping for and more laugh

Hmmm, I wonder if Clark is going to pass his leads on the murder case to Serena Judd or Lois Lane or...?

I wonder if Clark has thought through his plan to stop Lois from boarding the Congo plane. If she doesn't disappear, that single change could result in Clark never meeting the other Lois or HG Wells and possessing time machine blueprint. Hey maybe that coffee spill even solves the paradox problem laugh while causing Clark acute physical pain smile1

thumbsup

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Still wondering - if Clark feels the pain (presumably because he's from a timeline that no longer exists, and he's being remade), would a regular human be killed by that process? If so, why not H.G.?

MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Again, enjoying the speculation. Again, not daring to comment on it - for fear of giving something away. And the answer is... yes... or no... or why didn't I think of that? laugh

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"> And in regards to you posting after CAN Thanksgiving, does this help motivate you some?? wave

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard