Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#73429 08/30/10 03:52 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Preview of 45

"What's been happening?" Perry asked. "What are you chasing up? Any further developments on the murder of that English guy?"

"No, nothing," Clark said. "The police have hit a complete blank."

Perry tapped his pen on his desk. "Next weekend is Superman's wedding."

"Yeah."

"I had intended to leave it alone completely and not give the Star the satisfaction of having us chase their tails." Perry tossed his pen onto his desk. "But Superman has become such a universal identity that to not mention his wedding would seem either petty or out of step with community feeling. What do you think?"

"Ah ... I haven't really given much thought to the Daily Planet's involvement in Superman's wedding."
FDK goes here.

Thanks,

Corrina.

Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Oh gosh, don't make him have to cover the wedding Perry! Mayson is going to be there!! She can cover it.

Plus I really loved this part, so full of lurve and cute moments. I especially loved their time in the park, so laid back and everything.

Can't wait for the next part, I'll give you a cookie if you post it sooner? drool

Sarah,

Tempus: You want to know the future, Miss Lane? No one works, no one argues, there are 9,000 channels and nothing on!
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
"I love you, Clark."

"I love you, L -"

"Hey, Rubber," Gazza called. "Haven't you finished saying 'goodnight' yet? Struth, mate, you're taking even longer than Narelle and I used to."
laugh laugh laugh

Gazza whistled. "I hope you like flying."

"I do."
wink wink wink

Clark's smile broadened. He opened the other message.

'Info on the Boss. Cent Park noon. Bring food.'
Gee, could it be... Bobby Bigmouth?

She'd finally have absolute proof of the power of the green rock over Superman, she'd cause disruption to his wedding, she'd inflict major humiliation on Linda King, and, in the process, she'd disentangle herself from Luthor.

Brilliant. Absolutely brilliant.
dum dum dum.... ominous drum music...

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Great stuff! You have me on pins and needles about Mayson's plans for the green K!! eek

And hey, the Hawthorn theme song is the same melody of "Yankee Doodle". So I couldn't resist reading up on the origin of the song here, and Wiki said he originated in the 1700s -- interesting stuff. smile1

EvelynC
D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
Loved the scene with Lois and Clark in the park - so sweet and cute and cudley ...

Definitely need the drum music for Mayson's plans - she so is delusional for thinking Clark will be interested in her as her ploys to get him to be interested or at least to admit that (according to her) has failed so miserably, it is actually funny to think that she is so desperate.

Anyhow, looking forward to the next part and knowing what Mayson's plans are for the wedding and how that will be twarted!

laugh

Top Banana
Top Banana
I loved the scene outside of Gazza’s home but to be honest my favorite exchange was inside with Gazza:
"Are you going to lure her back to America?"

"I don't think so."

Gazza whistled. "I hope you like flying."

"I do."
After this scene:
"Did you know Puffing Billy is a steam train?" she asked. "Before today?"

Clark chuckled and swept back her hair. "Not a clue," he said. "But as soon as you said we would be together, I knew I would enjoy it."

"And did you?"

"It was great. I was a bit concerned at first about sitting with our legs out of the train windows, but once I realized it was safe, it was fantastic."
I have to share my own Puffing Billy experience. In 1999 I was in Melbourne and my host took a few of us to ride Puffing Billy. We got on the train and it seemed like every window had people with their legs hanging out. In fact, I swear I remember kids sitting on the windows so that they were outside and only their legs were inside the train. I commented to my host that in the US the train wouldn’t move until everyone got off the windows. When he asked why I answered, “Liability!” His response was, “We have sensible laws here.” smile

Finally, as for Mayson, there’s this:
And, as a bonus, she wouldn't have to put up with Luthor any longer - for all his oily charm and excessive money, he really was a nauseatingly unimpressive little man.
While I tend to agree to some extent, she is misjudging him as badly as Lois did in S1.

And for the rest of Mayson's plans, that sounds like some crazy scenario she has for the wedding. I can’t wait to see how it unfolds. (explodes?)

Bob

Top Banana
Top Banana
Sorry for not leaving feedback regularly, but I just wanted to say that I'm thoroughly enjoying this universe. The Lois & Clark scenes are soothingly warm-hearted and almost always put a smile on my face smile1 smile clap

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Clark's heart somersaulted across his ribcage. "I'm going into Gazza's in three minutes," he said. "Until then, I'm all yours."
Well, three minutes can be plenty of time to produce offspring... huh 1)

"Lois," Clark said. "I wish we could be together openly ... all the time ... every day ... every night."
*sigh* He doesn't really get the concept of being his own worst enemy, does he?

"I thought I had problems because Narelle barracked for Richmond," Gazza said. "Trying to keep a missus happy across continents isn't going to be easy."
Well, there's always the option of x-rated phone conversations...

Clark decided to change the subject before she could ask if he had checked out anywhere else.
Clark! laugh And the sad part is, one doesn't even know if Clark's just playing ignorant or if he's completely aware that she's just using Lex.

And, as a bonus, she wouldn't have to put up with Luthor any longer - for all his oily charm and excessive money, he really was a nauseatingly unimpressive little man.
(cont. from above) And, apparently, not even for sex. But it explains his obsession with power and owning big things laugh

Michael

1) See 'Married, with children'

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
mishmishat Thanks for your FDK. I enjoyed the bit in the park, too. Thanks for the offer of a cookie! I'll *try* to post the next part tonight. smile If not, first thing Friday morning, because it's going to be a big weekend - Hawthorn are playing in a final, and it's hubby's birthday.

Iolanthe

dum dum dum.... ominous drum music...
laugh I promise Superman and Ultra Woman will get through the wedding with only tiny problems - one extremely small part of the body, one piece of green pebble, and a few mini devices.

Evelyn I thought many of you would recognise the tune to the Hawk theme song. Thanks, Evelyn.

DW Mayson's big problem is that so far she has pitted herself against Clark. But (as we all know!) Clark with Lois is stronger than Clark alone!

Thanks.

Bob The scene in Gazza's home was Deja Vu's idea!

Regarding our liability laws - Lynn and I were discussing this the other day. I put something in a part and she said it wouldn't happen in the USA.

Thanks for the Puffing Billy story.

AnkKS Thanks for dropping by and letting me know you're reading. I'm so glad you're enjoying the ride.

Michel

And the sad part is, one doesn't even know if Clark's just playing ignorant or if he's completely aware that she's just using Lex.
I think Clark might have more interesting things to think about than the machinations of Mayson's mind.

Thanks for the (as always) entertaining FDK, Michael.

As I said above, I'll try to post 45 tonight. Failing that, first thing tomorrow morning.

Corrina.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard