Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
According to my research, George Michael’s ‘Faith’ was the number one song in 1987 - which was why I chose it for the band to play and for Lois to sing to get her into the mood for this very fun party.

If you’re wondering what Lois wore to the party (on Molly’s advice), this is it:

[img]http://i1046.photobucket.com/albums/b461/mlt62/Teri-Hatcher-Smiling.jpg?t=1282939808[/img]

As for Clark...

[img]http://i1046.photobucket.com/albums/b461/mlt62/LeatherJacket.jpg?t=1282939808[/img]

ML wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
- CC Aiken, The Late Great Lois Lane
Top Banana
Top Banana
Yowza! /goes off to read new part...

Edit: NOOOOOOOOO, they are planning on date raping Lois, aren't they?! Those sick, twisted... mad Good thing Clark decided to stay in this time. Or did this actually happen anyway even without Clark's interference in 76'?

I so admire Lois' spirit, how she stood up to all those bulky football players. And I'm really loving Molly too. I can't remember how the show said they ended up on the outs with each other though... Anyway, looking forward to the next part!

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always
depend on the support of Paul.

-George Bernard Shaw
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
My goodness, those two look hot!!! Thanks for the pics, ML!!

And Clark sure showed up in time! Time to start saving Lois now, Clark!

I agree with Stephnachia, Lois's spirit was admirable.

And Linda steals Lois's story and gets all the glory and no one punishes her at all, but Lois is about to get beaten up or even raped for gathering the information and writing the story in the first place? The injustice of this is the kind that cries up to the heavens!!!

Ann

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
wildguy
pulling a dillinger again. and I know you're yanking our chains.
michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Or did this actually happen anyway even without Clark's interference in 76'?
The answer to that question will be given eventually.

And I'm really loving Molly too.
Glad you're enjoying her. It was fun writing a friend for Lois for a change.

Thanks for the pics, ML!!
You're welcome. I tend to be a visual writer, so I always have to be looking at pictures when I write. This time, I figured I'd share some of them.

I know you're yanking our chains.
Not sure how I'm yanking your chains, but... okay. laugh

ML wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Okay, I'm finally back to having a real keyboard to input my fdk. So...

Yes, you most definitely have a tendency to put Lois into almost-getting-raped situations, orchestrated solely to truly torture your gentle readers. And all just for the brief kick of getting hunted down with pitchforks, having black SUVs with tinted glasses pull up to your car and follow you for a mile or two, and of course, finding the obligatory horse-head on the pillow when you wake up in the morning.

Okay, now that that's said...

Random thoughts...
Lois leaving her drink and picking it up again was already a really big give-away even without the salty taste to it.

And...
I do find it disturbing that Lois was destined to become another gang-rape statistic, courtesy of the Metropolis university football team and nobody will be able to do a thing. The entire thing smacks of 3rd-world country. razz

Did I mention you're evil?

And last but not least...
The worst thing of it all is that I now have to wait till Monday morning to get the next part. And all just because some people (/steadfastly denies any allegations of ever having been part of such a vile association/) thought it good you'd post EoD.

Michael, who's seriously stressed out even with Clark already rescuing Lois. Unless he thinks Lois is a drink-and-boyfriend girl.

Edit: And it's #6. Lois wakes up the next day and starts hunting down those who spiked her drink. After reporting the attempted rape to Henderson and telling him she's going to drag their sorry butts into the 12th.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
clap

I so am looking forward to 2B when Lois sees her guardian angel again and to know what happens next!

But the whole football squad ganging up on Lois is so wrong - "Linda" actually published the story - she should get part (if not most) of the harassment too!

Anyway, I really wished you could post everyday! (is there any way to change your mind?)

laugh

T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
I've known some football players while I was in college and some of them are jerks and try to be bad a$$e$, but they were not criminals.

This is where we see both the brilliance and sneaky cleverness of MLT.

Not wanting to risk prosecution for felony assult or rape, but still wanting their revenge on Lois, the football players take her back to their frat and decide to cut her hair as a means of humilating her.

Being a first year college student Lois probably has long hair and cutting it really short would be a suitable revenge for the footballers, and they wouldn't be on the hook for anything worse than a misdamenor. If caught they could claim it was just a drunken prank and get off with little more than a fine.

Clark would have to stand by and watch it happen. He wouldn't know if this was an event in Lois' past that helped shape her fierce determination and resolve not to be a victim ever again. As long as she was not in any danger of real physical harm he would have to stand by and just watch as the football players exacted their revenge.

But this is where the cleverness of MLT comes in. The haircut becomes the source of the classic Lois Lane look. By the time she interns at the Planet her hair is the prototypical Lois shoulder length bob, which she has embraced as her 'look'.

So I guess we can thank those nasty football players need for revenge for giving us the classic year one and two Lois Lane.

Tank (who really doesn't have any secret knowledge of how this story is supposed to progress but just reasoned it out... logically)

MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
And all just for the brief kick of getting hunted down with pitchforks, having black SUVs with tinted glasses pull up to your car and follow you for a mile or two, and of course, finding the obligatory horse-head on the pillow when you wake up in the morning.
Just for the record, I have never woken up to find a horse-head on my pillow. As for the rest... No comment. laugh

Anyway, I really wished you could post everyday! (is there any way to change your mind?)
I might need to post more often at some point - due to my need to get the entire story posted before Canadian Thanksgiving. But we'll have to see how this all plays out.

who really doesn't have any secret knowledge of how this story is supposed to progress but just reasoned it out... logically
Wow! That was some brilliant deductive reasoning, Tank. One thing you forgot is that Clark has already interrupted this little plan of the football players. That means that the future has been horribly altered already. Lois doesn't get her head shaved and so never realizes that she likes short hair and so continues to let it grow until it's down to her waist and the bob is never born. (I never said this story had a happy ending laugh )

ML wave

Top Banana
Top Banana
Wonderful part, as always... I love how you bring to colorful life, many of the characters from Lois' past...

smile thumbsup

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
I can't wait to see what happens next. I'm expecting Clark to rescue Lois, but one can never be sure until it happens. She won't necessarily remember that her guardian angel was the one doing the saving, but whoa! Assuming that Clark does intervene, the time ripples from this one are going to be huge.

I hate posting suspicions because I'm so often wrong, but am I the only one to think that Ryan actually had something to do with her drugged drink? Ryan himself said that he didn't chase off the football players because of Lois; he did it for Molly. And what better way to ensure that Molly has a great party than to get rid of that pesky, troublesome friend of hers?

Can I have more sooner than midnight, please?
B

ETA: I love the pictures. Thanks for posting the inspiring photos. They are both such beautiful people.

Merriwether
Merriwether
Yikes, yikes, yikes! Even though I figured Clark would rescue Lois, my heart was still pounding during the confrontation with the football players, and especially when I realized her drink was spiked.

After hoping for a moment (like Lois) that Ryan was going to show some compassion, I'm now thoroughly disgusted with him. Does Molly have any idea that he basically said he wants the football players to assault/rape/whatever Lois, just as long as it's not at Molly's party? There's a line between being angry and being evil, and he's clearly evil. Yes, he's a bad guy in the regular L&C universe, too, but I always assumed he came to it later, not while he and Molly were dating in college. What in the world does Molly see in him? I hope Lois is able to tell her what happened before she was drugged, even if she forgets the "during" part.

And add me to the readers who find it totally unfair that Linda gets off scot-free while Lois gets harassed so horribly. Given that a good number of people on campus who have heard the story probably think Lois is trying to take credit for Linda's story (as evidenced by Bob's comment, which shows that Lois can't win either way), why wouldn't the football team go after both of them? After all, even if Lois did do the research, she didn't submit it. And in fact, the most obvious assumption is that she and Linda were working together. So it doesn't make sense to me that the football team would just decide that Lois was completely to blame, based on a few rumors that she was the one who wrote it. Why does that rumor have more weight on campus than the one that Lois is lying to discredit Linda?

Thank goodness for Clark showing up when he did. Definitely her guardian angel! I can't wait to find out how he helps her and what she remembers the next morning. Of course, eventually he'll have to leave her, and those guys are still out there ... which puts me right back to Yikes!

Lucky for me we only have to wait until tomorrow morning to get the next part. Too bad I can't borrow Clark's time machine or I'd read it right now. goofy

Kathy

MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Again, I'm enjoying your speculation and comments. And again, I find myself unable to respond directly to most of it for fear of giving something away. laugh

Too bad I can't borrow Clark's time machine or I'd read it right now.
Hey, what a great idea. You could then return and let me know how it's all going to turn out. wave

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Everyone else has already written great feedback so all I can say is, evil cliffhanger ending! Aargh! Want more soon!

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard