Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
This is the photo a nine year old Lois took while falling out of a tree:

[Linked Image]

Here’s your question for this section’s pop quiz:

The day after the upcoming party, will Lois say:

1. It was a great party. I met a really great guy,
2. The party would have been a big flop if not for the great eye candy that walked in off the street,
3. I wouldn’t have believed Linda could be so cruel, or
4. I’m never drinking anything ever again. How much of a fool did I make of myself?
The answer will be found in Part 2b

ML wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
- CC Aiken, The Late Great Lois Lane
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Clark landed beside the time machine and was just removing the tarp when a headache hit him, hard and fast. He buckled at his knees, the scenery swirling around him, as he dropped to the pavement. Every muscle in his body felt as if it were being torn apart. Kryptonite. It had to be. But kryptonite had never hurt as badly as this. No, with kryptonite, it felt as if he was on fire. This... this was like being torn apart by wild horses. He gritted his teeth and closed his eyes, as the agony continued, unabated.
Is this the time stream remodeling itself to account for Clark's interference?

I can't wait for more!

Top Banana
Top Banana
And so the first temporal change establishes itself smile , although Clark's painful attack worries me.

Would he even survive by the time he finishes messing up... er interfering in.. er doing things to the original timeline? thumbsup clap

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
Top Banana
Top Banana
I'm definitely voting for #4 clap A drunken stupor encounter with Clark could be fun!

Thanks for the visual of the photo, nice touch!

I'm curious what direction the time continuum changes will go-- and why it's seeming to be effecting Clark physically?? It's a little worrisome... sad

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
Merriwether
Merriwether
Can I vote for #5, all of the above? laugh

I smiled when I got to the teaser scene -- there it is! Then I totally cracked up when I opened the feedback thread and saw the photo that Lois took. How awesome that you provided it for us.

Clearly Clark's rescue of 9-year-old Lois had an immediate impact, in that Lois recognized him from her photo once she was on the plane. And just as clearly, it had an impact on Clark, given the terrible pain he had afterwards. The timeline reestablishing itself? I have visions of Marty McFly fading away while he played guitar ...

That some other students are angry that Lois's story will break up the football team is an interesting side plot. If I were her, I'd just smile evilly and say, "Talk to Linda King." I wonder if Linda is prepared to take the heat for her decision to take credit for it? I'm betting not, and it would be a nice bit of karma to see it.

(And in that same vein, how awesome of Perry to do some digging and figure out what really happened. He's sitting back and waiting to see what Lois's response will be, but I love that he totally knows the score. Somewhere in the future, Mayor White is ranting in the mayor's office that his replacement hired that story thief Linda King to work in his newsroom.)

And finally, I'm chuckling over Clark's mistake in the time machine, because it occurs to me that he didn't just mess up the instruments so that they're not reading his requested destinations correctly -- he's somehow managed to turn it into a soul-tracker, since he keeps homing in on Lois's location just when she needs him most. (Well, either that or a TARDIS ... she always seems to have a mind of her own when figuring out where the Doctor needs to be. clap

Kathy

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
All I have time to say is that I read it, I really liked it, I loved seeing Clark with nine-year-old Lois, I liked Lois taking Clark's warning seriously while she was on the plane - but I can't figure out what happened to her afterwards!!! - and it was frustratingly satisfying to see Linda show her true color, and -

- well, in spite of my lack of feedback, I'd like the next part now, even so!

Ann

MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
I enjoyed your comments and your speculations. I don't dare respond to a lot of it for fear of giving something away. But feel free to keep speculating. And the answer is... yes... or no... or why didn't I think of that? laugh

Can I vote for #5, all of the above?
Absolutely! In fact, it could be a trick question. Maybe Lois doesn't even make it to the party. wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
awesome. #4. but isn't clark getting lois preggers in college going to mess up the timeline?
michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Which is worse, brief feedback or none at all?

I did want to tell you that I've enjoyed reading your story so far, ML. I tried not to torture myself by reading it in parts, I told myself to just read the whole thing at once when it hit the archive, but I'm weak. You are the siren song and I am helpless to resist. laugh

Clark's desolation was completely in character and it tugged on my heart. I love Alt-Clark and love to see him get happy endings. You are going to give him a happy ending, aren't you?
grovel

I thought that Lois might get off the plane before reaching her destination and wondered if it was because somehow, she started to believe Clark's warning. I love how you tied in her 9-year old experience meeting her guardian angel to her doubts and fears on the plane.

I have no idea what you're going to do to Lois and how she will react when she meets Clark as a 20-year old. Ha! She thought Paul was the love of her life when she first saw him. What will she think when her guardian angel shows up at the party?

More please?
B

D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
Firstly, before I forget, I think the answer to the pop quiz is .... 4 as that would most likely be one the biggest time ripples if Lois do find herself pregnant and with a child .... so many possibilities!

Seems like the time traveling has quite a physical effect on Clark - is he still going to be alive by the end of the fic? Or will Wells show up, take Clark back to where (or before) the fic started and make Clark forget about his adventures in changing the timeline?

Anyhow, looking forward to the next part (and the answer to the pop quiz!) smile1

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Thumbs up! :-) Terrific story. And I love the photo.

I wonder what Lois will think when she realizes that her "guardian angel" hasn't aged at all in since she she saw him over a decade earlier?

Joy,
Lynn

Top Banana
Top Banana
I think I'm gonna vote #4 too.

And I am TOTALLY following this story. I'm not getting confused (yet) by any of the time jumps! You're AWESOME!

Okay, so Clark goes to the party but doesn't want Lois to see him or maybe he goes and doesn't mind if Lois sees him because he doesn't know she remembers him from 10 years prior but she does and then he feels like he has to tell her now not to go to the Congo because he doesn't know if he'll find her again in the future... der, I mean present time. Okay, now I'm confused. Hahaha.

Superb job MLT!

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always
depend on the support of Paul.

-George Bernard Shaw
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
I understand your desire to wait until the story is posted on the archives, BJ - since that's what I do. I have an added incentive, though. Everytime I decide I can't wait and so start reading, the author stops posting. I've decided I'm a jinx. laugh

Okay, now I'm confused.
Don't worry. I spent most of the time writing the story saying one of two things:

1. Okay, now I'm confused, or
2. Great! Now I've got a headache. laugh

Anyway, next part should be up at midnight tonight - of course, there is a CFL football game starting at 10:30 so... Anyone mind if I'm late posting laugh

ML wave

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard