Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#73183 08/18/10 04:04 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Preview of 42

Five minutes later, Clark landed on his balcony. His hand reached for the door handle, only to freeze as his ears picked up a sound.

The sound of a heartbeat.

Coming from inside his apartment.

He couldn't *see* anyone through the glass. Who could be there?

Clark stepped away from the window so he wouldn't be visible should the intruder move into the living area. He looked through the wall and into his bedroom, and a disgusted groan slipped from his mouth. *She* was there.

Mayson.

In his bed.
Time again to thank my tireless BRs - Iolanthe, Deja Vu, and Lynn - for their continuing enthusiasm, ideas, and suggestions. This fic is better because of each one of you. clap

Corrina.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
So many good parts in this chapter! I'd quote them all, but that would involve repeating most of the post. All I can say is, excellent work, and post more soon!

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh, that was a great part! But I don't want to see Mayson in Clark's bed. Aargh!
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
M
Blogger
Blogger
M
I really, really, really love this story. I love the idea. Very orginal. I actually hope they end up in Melbourne. You have made me fall in love with hawthorne and the city. I actually think Clark seemed happier there and seem to have more friends. Maybe he could be a reporter there and Lois could eventually follow brownie. I look foreward to their wedding and honeymoon. Love the quick updates. You are awesome. I enjoy all of your stories. You are a very talented writer.

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
First off - Awesome story, awesome chapter!

Second - I really want to see Lois (no UW) kick Maysons butt!

Third - I wish it was Lois and Clark getting married and not Superman and Ultra Women.

Looking forward to many more chapters! Keep up the great work!

~I Love this tragic sometimes magic awful beautiful life!~
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Lovely part. Wonderful interaction between Clark and Lois.

But goodness me, I wouldn't want to be the "official" wife of Superman!

And Mayson in Clark's bed. What is she up to? It has to be something disgusting.

Ann

Top Banana
Top Banana
Good part. But I have to admit that I would have liked to have seen more "public interaction" while they were on their date. Not with in-your-face tabloid reporters, but with regular people.

As for Mayson, Clark should call the police and report that someone broke into his apartment. We can see if being arrested convinces Mayson to stop entering while he's not there. smile

Bob

Features Writer
Features Writer
someone needs to fire mayson.
One for ploting
Two for breaking and entering
Three sexual conduct bad conduct
Four anyone has an cannon really need to put her on pluto.
hehehehehehehe
REally good parts. Hope Lois and Clark get it go track cant wait for the wedding part. laugh

I will and always be a big fan of Lois and Clark forever and forever.
D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
Loved Lois and Clark going for coffee and Ultrawoman talking with the fans and that public interaction. Lois and Clark sorting out their issues was great too, but that ending ... eeewww! If I was Clark, I would burn the bed and the sheets.

Mayson should really be hit be a bus after she gets fired and goes to work for/with Lex (I know that will probably not be in the next part, but maybe after the wedding as she probably has a purpose to serve there - or maybe, she and Lex could work together, she double-crosses him and then he shoots her!).

And yes, post more soon (and to clarify on an earlier "issue", i think soon is by the end of the weekend laugh , if you want too?)

smile

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Lois leant her head into his touch and smiled. "I know that," she said. She lifted her coat from the hook, and Clark reached to take it from her. His hand brushed across hers, and he noticed her engagement ring.

"You're wearing it."

"Of course I'm wearing it."
So matter-of-factly. And at the same time it's also 'just' part of the disguise as Ultra Woman.

She stretched up and draped her arms around his neck. He dropped her coat and enclosed her in the circle of his arms. He eased her closer and was instantly aware that - as any sort of practical barrier - the spandex failed dismally.

He tensed, torn between two equally dangerous choices. If he backed away, he risked Lois misinterpreting his actions. If he didn't ...
Martha would have to make new suits since the old ones had been shredded?

Clark reigned in the impulse to smile at the sudden American accent coming from his favourite Aussie. "This way," he said.
I don't know, it just is the cutest picture laugh

Remembering his experiences with Australian coffee, Clark ordered a weak cappuccino for Lois and a latte for himself. "Do you want something with chocolate?" he asked Lois. "They have brownies."

"OK, thanks."

The waiter wrote down their order and slipped away.

"*Weak* coffee for me?" she said with a smile. "I'm the one who should be asleep."
razz

He smiled. *That* request was ridiculously easy. "How long do you need to get changed?"

"Fifteen minutes."

"OK. I'll knock before coming in."
She does realize that he could get her out of the suit much faster, doesn't she? True, getting her into her Lois-clothes might take a few hours. Or two weeks, give or take. But still, he could get her out much faster. Just a thought...

Her hand caressed his face. "OK," she said decisively. "Let's go right back to the start and set these things in concrete. Firstly ... about the wedding. Yes? Or no? We get one vote each. Majority rules. What's your vote?"

Clark smiled. "What happens if it's a tie?" he asked.

Lois swatted his chest. "Don't complicate things," she said. "Yes? Or no?"
evil

"Two weeks," she said. "And then no more swimming in the Arctic. I promise."
Unless he does some big no-no and it's back to floating in the living room and swimming in the Arctic for him laugh

Mayson.

In his bed.
laugh

The usual stuff applies. Looking forward to EOD.

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Iolanthe Thanks!

Artemis Mayson in Clark's bed isn't a problem if he isn't there, too!

mika Hi - it's great to hear from you.

Clark being a reporter and Lois being the footy editor is one solution that would probably work. I'm so glad you're enjoying the story. Thanks for your FDK.

2A2TV Lois and Mayson together - that's not easy to arrange. However, I will say that only one of them gets a happy ending. Thanks.

Ann One of your comments alludes to something that becomes important later. Thanks for the FDK.

Bob The scene with S and UW out in public was even shorter until the BRs suggested I expand it. Clark was pretty nervous and being the first time they'd ventured out, I think it made sense that it wasn't too long. From a story aspect, it always comes down to what to include/expand and what to leave out.

Thanks, Bob.

lovesuper97 Sometimes people get what is coming to them in unexpected ways (at least, I hope that is what is going to happen!) Thanks!

DW I had intended to post the next part on the weekend, but RL got big, so you got it Monday morning my time.

Burning the bed sheets would be easier for Clark than for most of us! I suppose he can't do it while she's still in there, can he? That wouldn't be very Supermanish.

Thanks.

Michael

Wonderfully evasive conversation.
Thanks. I'm glad you were able to follow along.

Or replace her with a clone
You *want* clones?

RE your comment about Lois's suit - laugh I read that just after I'd written the bit where that very possibility is discussed. Although LnC don't quite take it in the direction you're suggesting. (Not saying they weren't thinking it wink )

I read The Birthday Present and I'm pleased to see that I'm not the only one who thinks Mayson wanted to be a bit pushier with Clark!

Thanks.

Corrina.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard