Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#73165 08/17/10 02:10 AM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Ok! Things are really getting interesting here! I love how you paint life on the farm. It sounds so cozy, I want to snuggle up by the fire with hot cocoa. smile

But I do have one teensy gripe... you mentioned throwing the rest of the food to the hogs... and bacon was part of that breakfast. It was just a little, too---well, hopefully you get the picture!

Looking forward to the next part!! dance

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
#73166 08/17/10 04:06 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
yeah, yeah, good stuff, but I'm too distracted to pay much attention -- keep waiting for Clark to keel over! peep

Good idea on covering their tracks, though; don't want Lex investigating Smallville & finding Jack!

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
#73167 08/17/10 12:04 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Another great part!! dance

And just a comment regarding Mozartmaid's concern:
But I do have one teensy gripe... you mentioned throwing the rest of the food to the hogs... and bacon was part of that breakfast. It was just a little, too---well, hopefully you get the picture!
I grew up on a farm but not with hogs, but my mother tells stories about her growing up one, too, and how the hogs would eat just about anything, didn't matter bacon or whatever; even how she had to have the water for the dirty dishes really super hot because they couldn't use soap in it because that went to the hogs, too!!! It was pretty challenging to get everything clean back then, as you can imagine. My mom is now 89, so I admit this was a while ago but I doubt their tastes have changed. laugh

Hope my sharing that is okay. Thanks. blush

EvelynC
#73168 08/17/10 01:20 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Visiting the farm should be relaxing and fun, but thinking about Luthor and what he might be doing is siphoning the relaxation right out of their visit. I think their paranoia is totally justified.

Why do I think that Wayne wants to talk with Clark about a strange green rock found underneath the old oak tree? And what effect will this have on our favorite couple and their plans? If Clark is exposed to kryptonite, can he hide it from Jack and Denny?

I hope Nettie will be all right - surely she's not being held hostage or anything, right? I'm sure Wayne would find a way to let Clark know that things weren't right, right?

Ah, I sense that this chapter is just buildup for more action to come! Please post more soon.

#73169 08/19/10 09:00 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
"Just eat as much as you want, honey. Anything left over goes to feed the hogs. We don't waste anything around here."

The thought of that delicious-smelling breakfast being fed to pigs decided her. Lois sat down and reached for the coffeepot. "I hope you're right about burning all this off today."
lol

"Naw. I got a big pile next to the back door, and a bunch more dryin' out in the woodshed. My oak tree came down in the blizzard 'bout a week or so ago and I chopped it up for firewood."

"Not the one Pete and I used to climb when we were kids?"
O-oh.
"Fraid so." Irig frowned, and Lois thought he was about to speak again, but he glanced at her and closed his lips firmly.

"Tell your dad I'll be over to see him tomorra," he added. "I'll get that." He went to the front door and held it for Clark.
O-oh. O-oh!
I certainly smell rocks in the air. You haven't had the green stuff in this saga, have you, Nan? And since Trask is gone, does this mean Lex is going to show up in Smallville?

More? Please? /carefully adds cherry to top of stack/

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#73170 08/19/10 06:33 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Ooh, I had JUST re-read The Hottest Team in Town and wondered when we'd see the next story. A quick e-mail to Nan got a reply telling me to check the boards, lol. I should have known. I'm really enjoying seeing all these loose ends unraveled a bit further before getting tied up! laugh

Don't point. You make holes in the air and the faeries escape.
#73171 08/30/10 07:54 AM
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
Just to update, I'm almost done with the next part.Tthings have just gotten very busy this last week. I hope I'll have some time this evening to work on the last page, and post either Tuesday or Wednesday.

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
#73172 08/30/10 07:56 AM
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
double post

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
#73173 08/30/10 05:48 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I hope I'll have some time this evening to work on the last page, and post either Tuesday or Wednesday.
That is good news because I can hardly wait for the next chapter! smile

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard