Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Freelance Reporter
OP Offline
Freelance Reporter
So I finally took the plunge and started posting my first L&C fic...now I'd really like to know what you FoLC's think! All comments and feedback are more than welcome! smile

~*Monica*~

"Being with you is stronger than me alone."
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
oh yeah!! I'm so glad you took the plunge!! Great story, great writing and I can't wait to read more. dance

LOIS:I don't like you.
MAYSON: Really? Oh god, that is such a relief - I don't like you either.
LOIS: That makes me feel so much better
Top Banana
Top Banana
Good start! Lovely writing style, too. I second Bellarata: Can't wait to see more! smile

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
Great start and I'm looking forward to see where this will go!

smile

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
A fantastic start to what I hope will be a long and productive career as a fanfic writer. smile

Joy,
Lynn

Top Banana
Top Banana
I really liked this!

carol

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Welcome to the boards!

OK. You've had your welcome. This fine start calls out for more chapters, pronto! Now get writing! wink

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Aw, I really liked your start to this story. I'm a sucker for this point in their relationship ("Church of Metropolis" is my favorite episode of the whole series). It's just such fun to watch Lois gradually realizing that this partner and best friend of hers may very well be the love of her life and the person she can't imagine not having in her life.

Congrats on posting your first fanfic! I do remember those first anxious moments (vaguely... it was a while ago, haha) but rest assured that you have a really nice start here. Looking forward to your next part and watching Lois and Clark's relationship blossom.

Tracey smile

Top Banana
Top Banana
Really a fantastic start and I'm intrigued!! Please don't be too long with the next post. I'm dying to see where this goes.

~Sheila

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
Freelance Reporter
OP Offline
Freelance Reporter
Thank you guys so much for all your encouraging feedback! I was a little nervous about posting it, but you guys are great! laugh

Thanks for the welcome, Iolanthe...but you should be patient, you'll read it before anyone else anyway! :p

Tracey, I love this part of their relationship too...it's so beautiful watching them fall in love! And ooh, "Church of Metropolis" is your favorite episode? Then you'll either love or hate this story lol, depending on how well I can pull it off. :p It's one of my favorites too (I couldn't choose just one favorite lol), and the final scene in it is one of my favorite scenes from the entire series.

Thanks to bellarata, mozartmaid, DW, Lynn, ccmalo, and Sheila for your comments! Part 2 is in progress, so hopefully it'll be finished and posted before too long! smile

~*Monica*~

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Very good start, Monica. I like the title, too, and the way you're already wrapped it into the narrative. That single rose will play an important part in your story, and I'm eager to see what it is.

You many already know this, but the convention on these boards is to put a blue arrow on the story parts. It makes it easier to find - in fact, I almost missed this very good beginning for the lack of blue on my screen.

Hope you plan to post more very soon!

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Freelance Reporter
OP Offline
Freelance Reporter
Thanks, Terry! I had trouble coming up with a title, but then I thought about where I was starting the story...and thinking about those yellow roses naturally led me to "Yellow Rose of Texas," especially since I'm from Texas lol, and from there it just clicked. And yes, you will definitely be seeing that rose again. wink

I actually hadn't realized about the blue arrows...thanks for the heads up! I'd noticed some of the threads had them, but hadn't realized that it was the story parts specifically which were so marked. But I'll be sure and remember that from now on, so you don't miss any parts! smile

~*Monica*~

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Great plot start, Monica, and you write well. Definitely keep it coming!
clap
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Columnist
Columnist
Monica, please update soon, this is really good. I like this period where they are on the brink of something.

Freelance Reporter
OP Offline
Freelance Reporter
Thanks Artemis and cp33! smile More is on the way...well, it's in progress anyway! :p

~*Monica*~

Top Banana
Top Banana
Excellent! You've actually inspired me to go back and rewatch some episodes. I LOVED this time in their relationship too. Post soon!

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always
depend on the support of Paul.

-George Bernard Shaw
A
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
A
I'd like to echo what the others have said - this was a lovely beginning to a story and I'm looking forward to seeing where you take it.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard