Columnist
R
Thoughts?

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Ooh, progress in the A-plot!

I don't like the recurring nightmares, but I do like it that Clark sought Lois' input and Dr. Friskin's help almost immediately. I liked his talk with Officer Kyle Dawson, a young man with loads of potential who will probably continue to be a very good cop.

And I like it that Superman is investigating the bomber and his connection with the Triads. If Superman can make it uncomfortable for the Triad leaders even in China, then he should also be able to put even more pressure on their associates in the States.

"End badly for them," indeed.

Great story! When's the next chapter?

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
That recurring nightmare must be an omen that something bad will happen!

But, great part and I'm eagerly looking forward to the next part!

smile

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I have extremely little time, but... yes!!!! I like it! I'm a little worried about Clark's nightmares, but I like the explanation for them that Clark found himself, with the help of Dr. Friskin. He feels that he hasn't been doing his job properly, and his subconscious has been haunting him.

I, too, loved Clark's interaction with the waitress, but he was great with the post-traumatic cop, too. You know that I am always a bit wary of a lot of A-plot, but all in all, I think it is good that Clark went to China to try to stop that Chinese crime cartel.

Looking forward to more!

Ann

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wow, I did not see this sort of dream and psychological implications coming. Well done! thumbsup clap

“But I do believe that I can make people realize that obtaining Kryptonite and using innocent children as bait to try to kill me will end very badly for them.”
O-oh, boy... huh This could get ugly... peep

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Great part as usual. I too liked Superman's dialog with the young cop and the joke with Judy.
More soon.
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
R
Rac Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
R
Hey everyone,

Thanks for your comments!

Terry, glad to see you enjoyed this section and Clark's interaction with the young cop. I figure if Superman tells you that he benefited from talking to a shrink, you might not be as reluctant to do so - I mean, who's manlier and tougher than Superman, right? The next chapter is coming up.

Oh, DW, when are recurring nightmares not a bad sign in this story? wink

Glad you approved, Ann, especially given your wariness of A plots. I felt this thread just couldn't be left hanging loose indefinitely.

Hi Michael. The scene with Judy was my favorite part of this section. It was a lot of fun to write Superman with a sense of humor.

Thanks for your comments, Artemis. Glad you liked that exchange.

Flowerpot, thank you for taking the time to comment. And I did a little brushing up on the "One Country, Two Systems" policy to try to get at least the basic details right. I've always been fascinated by the fact that Beijing either cannot or will not integrate Hong Kong or Macau into the broader Chinese systems because they function so well as they are.

More is coming up!

Regards,

Rac

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard