Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#73082 08/11/10 09:20 PM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
I feel like getting into Lois' thoughts is a little like stepping in a minefield. smile Anyone else feel that way?? I'm still not 100% with the organization of her initial reactions, so I'm curious what you guys think....

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
#73083 08/12/10 04:11 AM
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
I always liked it when Lois knows but Clark doesn't know that she does. It gives us a chance to see her mind all awhirl with her conflicting feelings.

I do think that it is correct, at this stage of their 'relationship' that she is not immediately mad at him for keeping the secret from her. It's a little too early for that level of trust, though I do believe that Lois will have to occasionally convince herself of that.

It's good that Lois realizes that she can't tell Clark that she knows because she rightly figured out his Superman jealousy. I also like that she now has to actually examine her own feelings and separate those she has for Superman, and those she has for Clark and come up with an answer. Who is it that she really does... love?

This is a fun little story. I'm looking forward to seeing how you allow Lois to reconcile her emotions.

Tank (who reminds the gentle writer that the traditional marker for the 'change' in the Lois and Superman/Clark relationship is the haircut wink )

#73084 08/12/10 04:18 AM
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
I second Tank's comment - this is a fun story!

I was amused by the meditation excuse for floating. But speaking of excuses - Lois thought Clark came up with good ones?!? Admittedly, he hadn't yet run his cheesy "cheese of the month club" excuse by her, but even so, a lot of his excuses strike me as pretty lame.

Looking forward to part three.

Joy,
Lynn

#73085 08/12/10 03:38 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
oh this was great! Looking forward to the next part laugh

LOIS:I don't like you.
MAYSON: Really? Oh god, that is such a relief - I don't like you either.
LOIS: That makes me feel so much better
#73086 08/12/10 04:55 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
This story is cute so far. Keep it coming. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#73087 08/12/10 05:09 PM
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
i love that she thinks herself through the host of emotions/thoughts without dumping it all on him/ arguing/ running away etc.

love that idea of "unwrapping a christmas gift early" wink

really? clark will just accept her explanation??

can't wait to see how this story plays out smile

#73088 08/12/10 05:50 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
"Lois?" he called again, a worried tone in his voice. "Did... did anything happen last night?"

Inspiration. She had it.

"I... had a nightmare. And you came in to sit with me."

"I did?" he asked, totally confused. "I don't remember."
Oh, smooth move, Lois! Actually, it's very believable that Lois, who is usually the one to come up with the plausible and believable excuses (she talks the fastest) would be a little becroggled and unable to come up with an instant story. But then, give her a few minutes, and the Lane wit kicks in again.

I like it too, when Lois knows and Clark doesn't know she knows. I'm glad that she's already ruled out publishing his secret. She's past that.

What will she do? I'll just have to read and find out!

#73089 08/13/10 04:34 AM
D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
That was fun, especially Lois' thoughts and how her mind processed finding out CK=S.

Looking forward to see where this goes!

smile

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard