Next Thread
Print Thread
#73008 08/06/10 04:43 AM
F
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
F
Delightful part. I love what you've done with Jack and Denny.

Looking forward to more.

I need to go back and reread the whole series so...
Originally posted by Nan:
This is the fifth (and maybe last, although not necessarily) story in the Nightfall series....This is the sequel to "The Hottest Team in Town".

Framework4
Top Banana
Top Banana
Nice part, Nan. Christmas at the Kent home is always such a nice affair. I like the dynamics of the extended family with Jack and Denny.

I have to wonder where this is going. I’m trying to read between the lines for clues but if there are hints there, I’m missing them.

In addition to the text version of the other Nightfall stories, these are also available in epub format.

Four Days to Nightfall
Teamwork
Buried Secrets
The Hottest Team in Town

Nan, if you don’t like the partitioning on these, please just drop me a note and I’ll rework them so that the section breaks are where you want.

Bob

A
Columnist
Columnist
A
Thanks for the links! I need to go reread the other stories as well.

I always love the balance between a-plot and b-plot in your stories, Nan, and this one is no different. And I'm always a sucker for a Christmas in Smallville scene. smile

Amber

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Well, I don't need the links, because I've already got the first four parts on my Kindle... smile Amazon did the conversion for me.

Anyway... Yay! Another part of Nan-Fic! You're really fleshing out your supporting characters, here.

Although, Tony Daus showing up, all coincidental-like, has me wondering if he's got a hidden agenda, or a boss with the initials LL... I hope not, though. I like him.

Looking forward to more smile

PJ

edited to add: if you need a little help figuring out which of Nan's stories go with what series and in what order, I've got a page here that should help. smile

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wow... that was a really nice Christmas in Smallville. It's a nice break from the tension.

Sounds like Luthor is pulling out all the stops (well, most of them) in surveilling Lois and Clark. I hope they don't slip up.

I love how M&J have gotten Jack and Denny all squared away. After all, they are no strangers to taking in lost waifs.

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
So, now Perry has met Tony Daus. I don't believe anything nefarious going on. Beyond Tony sort-of stalking the Daily Planet building in the hopes of driving the most prominent members of his chosen profession-to-be. Besides, he keeps a low profile and simply responds when asked.

Sweet Christmas part. Even if it is slightly the wrong season out here in RL laugh

Even after Luthor is indicted, his trial is going to take months. I can promise you that.
Hmm... If this plays out in the usual fashion, proceedings after the arrest warrant has been served will be swift and decisive. /starts polishing the pavement in front of Lex Tower and painting a big, red X to mark the spot./ angel-devil

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Sorry it's taken me so long to respond! I've been reading the Nightfall series. smile I really like how you write, really taking your time to set up characters and plot. The series is so well written!!

Now as for the Smallville setup:

My questions are is Daus really just an upstanding wanna be reporter or is he a Luthor spy?

How far will Lois need to go with Luthor? Are we going to get a fake engagement???

And I hope we get some more cozy Christmas/New Year's scenes with Lois and Clark! twins

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
Columnist
Columnist
Hi Nan,

Finally catching up with this story. smile

As always, I love how you flesh out your characters, and it is nice to see what happened to Jack and his brother. They just disappeared from the show. frown

I too am asking myself questions about Tony, but I'm always happy to go where you take us.

Looking forward to the next part.
Yours Jenni

Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
Sorry to be a little late posting the next part. I have spent the last week driving crazily from one destination to the next and haven't had a chance to finish, but as soon as I can I'll post the next part. It's about three quarters done. I'll hurry, I promise.

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Thank you. I am eagerly awaiting the next chapter.

Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Glad to hear the next part is coming soon, Nan. I love your writing and want more of it.

So quit reading here and get to work! goofy

Jackie N.
jacalynsue@zoominternet.net

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard