Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#72996 08/03/10 01:16 AM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Preview of 38

"The wedding seems to have struck a chord with people," Lois said. She bit from the Danish they were sharing.

Clark nodded. "I think it has helped people to identify with me. They can't really understand coming from another planet or having the powers, but they can understand being in love and getting married." He ran his hand down her cheek. "You coming to the interview was an inspired idea."

"How did Linda King respond when you told them we want the simplest of weddings? And no reception?"

"She was disappointed that she wouldn't be presiding over the major gala event she had imagined, but when I suggested that she plan a Charity Ball for the Saturday evening, she accepted that."

"Good - so it's set then?"

"Yup. Ten o'clock, Saturday morning, the 7th of September."
Thanks.

Corrina.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Aw, that was so sweet, Corrina. I never imagined dinner and a proposal in a tree house either.
Here's hoping for a happy wedding and a thwarting of Mayson's plans.
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Features Writer
Features Writer
Is there an canon icon for Mayson ( insert here ) i want to shoot her off somewhere. razz i love the treehouse scene love. Remember a canon. a really big one cause her head is too big lol.

I will and always be a big fan of Lois and Clark forever and forever.
D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
Very sweet!

I didn't quite expect the treehouse-proposal (mostly treehouse) either, but I did kind of expect something else other than a secluded island smile

I don't think Linda will be happy once she sees that Mayson is attending the wedding with Luthor (maybe he just won't be invited?)

smile

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Great Chapter...This fic is quickly becoming addicting!

I feel kinda sorry for Mayson is one sense...yet at the same time I hope she gets what she deserves...and hopefully Lois can be the one that gives it to her...

I love possessive Lois!

~I Love this tragic sometimes magic awful beautiful life!~
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Great job! I am looking forward to more soon. laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
S
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
S
mayson and luthor. now thats a dangerous combination..

love lois and clark!!!

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
This fic is quickly becoming addicting!
It already *became* addicting!

laugh

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Great chapter! The proposal was just lovely.

I appreciated the talk about children. As I've said before, I think that a pregnant Ultra Woman whose pregnancy coincides with Lois Lane's pregnancy might jeopardize Clark's secret identity. I'm not saying they should never have children (if they can, that is) but I don't think it is a good idea for Lois to get pregnant right away.

Urrggghhh... Mayson. She really, seriously thinks that Clark is attracted to her?

He had feelings for her. He did. Like most of his gender, he suffered from a commitment phobia. Seeing her with Luthor should amend that.
razz :rolleyes:

Mayson and Luthor together, and Mayson who is in the habit of invading Clark's apartment, and Mayson who is in possession of a small piece of kryptonite... I guess she could leave the kryptonite under Clark's pillow, eh? No, because she doesn't suspect that Clark is Superman. And anyway I believe she is going to give that kryptonite to Seb for him to put it in a ring.

Well, it is going to be interesting to see what happens next in this fascinating fic!

Ann

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Sweet proposal? Check.
Lois now has a ring she has to remember to hide almost all the time? Check.
New trouble with the wedding? Check.

So, since Mayson wants to introduce Superman to Kryptonite as soon as possible, she will probably bring it to the wedding. There, it will incapacitate Clark, who will then not be able to fly Lois home after the wedding. This in turn could cause some issues for her on Sunday?
His responding smile was brief. "The Star suggested September 7th for our wedding. That's the first week of the finals. If Hawthorn makes the Eight, you'll have a big game that weekend."
Hmm... And since you didn't qualify Saturday or Sunday, this really, really, really screams that the decisive game for the Hawks will be on Sunday and Clark will not be able to get Lois there in time. Or if he will, it will be the big cliffhanger evil

Clark had appeared completely unmoved.

But appearances weren't always indicative of reality.
Yeah, but sometimes they are.

If she could inveigle an invitation out of Luthor to be his partner to the 'Wedding of the Decade', she would see how Kent reacted to *that*.
How about this way: "Wow, you must be really good in bed if Luthor takes you to a high-profile event."

He had feelings for her. He did. Like most of his gender, he suffered from a commitment phobia. Seeing her with Luthor should amend that.
But crashing the guy's wedding to cure him of his commitment phobia? confused I think that's sort of beating a dead horse. huh

And ... Mayson couldn't wait to see Linda King's face when her arch rival from the Daily Planet sauntered into the event she had so carefully orchestrated as a Metropolis Star exclusive ... and on the arm of Lex Luthor, no less.
Linda King turned towards her MC and whispered, "Get the trash out of here. Now."

Great fun, as usual. And already looking for more. Also as usual. laugh

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Artemis I'm glad you liked the tree house!

A happy wedding and thwarting Mayson's plans ... uhmmm.

Thanks, Artemis.

lovesuper97 Mayson - she'll cause a few difficulties, but nothing Lois, Clark, Ultra Woman, and Superman can't deal with. Thanks!

DW Luthor will be there. So will Mayson.

Thanks.

2A2TV I'm glad you're enjoying the ride. Thanks for the FDK.

Laura More coming ... though I'm still not sure exactly how much more. Thanks.

Sarah Mayson and Luthor - remember, this fic is about teamwork!

Iolanthe I'm so glad you think that, Iolanthe - given I keep sending you more parts. cool

Ann I've thought about this, but haven't put it in the fic yet. I think if Lois did get pregnant at some stage, UW wouldn't be able to make public appearances for a while. Thanks, Ann.

Michael

And since you didn't qualify Saturday or Sunday, this really, really, really screams that the decisive game for the Hawks will be on Sunday and Clark will not be able to get Lois there in time.
The schedule for finals games is released on Sunday afternoon the week before - so at this stage LnC don't know when the game will be (if Hawthorn do make the finals.)

I know, of course - but I'm following what really happened, so I can't move the game to when it suits me.

Great fun, as usual.
Ditto your FDK!

Thanks,

Corrina.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard