Columnist
R
Thoughts?

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
This chapter was a real breather, with basically just good things happening. Sam and Ellen came for Thanksgiving dinner and behaved themselves. Lois suffered from morning sickness but was okay anyway. Lucy discovered the cuteness of Jimmy. Martha and Clark fixed delectable food. Jon charmed Lucy in the same way that he always charmed Sam and Ellen. No sudden bad news about the baby or the pregnancy was heard.

He closed his eyes and focused on the sound of the baby’s heartbeat. Over the last week and a half it had grown clearer and more distinct—easier to pick out over the din of everyday sounds.
Sounds good in two ways!

I loved this:

“I really think she’s going to be okay,” Lucy replied firmly.

Lois couldn’t help but smile at her eternally optimistic little sister. “How do you know it’s a girl?”

Lucy shrugged. “Wishful thinking,” she admitted.

“You really want a niece?”

“Yeah. Well, that and Lane women are tough. There’s no way my sister’s little girl could be anything but a fighter.”
laugh thumbsup

Lois replied that she only wanted her baby to be okay, whether it is a boy or a girl, and we all agree, of course.

This was just great, too:

Lois stepped out of his embrace reluctantly and followed her younger sister back into the living room.

“You sure there are no more like him?” Lucy asked.

“Yep. Definitely one of a kind,” Lois replied.
laugh thumbsup

Her hands felt warm against his roughly scarred skin. But it was like she didn’t even notice the strange and ugly marks that marred his body. There was no way for him to deny what her touch so clearly conveyed—she loved him. All of him. Even the parts of himself he thought unlovable.

And he loved her just as deeply. Just as completely. “I love you, too,” he replied. The words were inadequate; they could never fully embody the magnitude of his feelings. Which meant he was just going to have to show her how much he loved her, he thought as he framed her face between his hands and kissed her thoroughly.
Wonderful.

And now I guess we are just waiting for what you may unleash on us in chapter 43!

Ann

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Aww, sweet chapter clap

And Lucy and Jimmy, huh? Wonder how that's going to play out laugh

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
That was a very sweet chapter clap

S
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
S
this story is amazing, and different from what i've read. am enjoying it very much, even though i don't comment much on it. looking forward to more!

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yes, a very nice Thanksgiving story. A nice breather as the others said.
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Great part! And I absolutely love Clark's line in response to Lois' comment, so absolutely wonderful:
She smiled and placed her hands on his arms. “I’m pregnant, not completely incapable.”

“You are the most capable person I know,” he replied. “And right now, you are making a little person, which is way cooler than anything I can do. So why don’t you let me finish the dishes? You and Lucy can go catch up.”
sloppy

EvelynC
A
Columnist
Columnist
A
This was one of those chapters that makes you believe everything will be right in their world. So sweet!

smile Amber

R
Rac Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
R
Thanks for your comments, everyone. I know this chapter was fairly low on the A plot (but apparently, that isn't the worst thing in the world).

Ann, I'm glad you enjoyed this section, particularly, the fact that LnC are able to think about and talk about the baby without being eaten alive by their concerns.

Thanks for your comments, Michael. I'm glad you liked the rather fluffy interlude.

Thanks, DW. It's good to hear you enjoyed this part.

Thanks for reading and commenting, Sarah.

Thanks, Artemis. I agree this part was meant as a breather. I suppose the characters are entitled every once in a while, after all.

Thanks, Evelyn, I really liked that line, too.

Glad you enjoyed it, Amber. More is on its way!

Regards,

Rac

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard