Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#72815 07/19/10 03:17 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Preview of 34 ...

"So, Clark ... the bottom line is that I need you back in Metropolis. As soon as possible."

Clark's eyes closed, and his breath stopped as the world swam around him.

"Clark? Are you still there?"

"I'm still here, Chief."

"Alice says that if I can't get you home, I have to retire. And if I refuse, she'll move out. She says she won't stand by and watch me work myself into an early grave."
FDK goes here.

Thanks,

Corrina.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
"And the bits of you I have seen look human - the upper echelon of human magnificence - but human nevertheless."
Ah, be still my beating heart... smile

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Adorable conversation. Loved it. Can you get rid of Mason? Kill her off or something. I really hate her in this story. wink More soon. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Awwww, that was awesome. And Mayson is a dirty stinking rat.
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Whoooeeee! Mayson is certainly up to filling the shoes of other L&C baddies very well indeed. shock

Loved L&C's conversations, especially at the beach; so waffy!! Wonderful stuff! I love that they are both virgins, but sad that Clark was so surprised at her reaction to his news that he couldn't seem to really appreciate hers.

Although I have to say that it often irks me that many people in general seem to see virginity as something to be apologetic about or criticize, not as the beautiful thing it is and what a gift it is to save for someone. Sorry if I offend anyone, but I had to get it out! (bottled it up quite a while now, and it makes me angrier the more I read on how connected bc pills and other forms are promoting cancer bigtime in women but the info doesn't seem to be getting out to most people, which is so unfair when NFP is at least as effective as "those" but totally safe; sorry I'll stop my ranting now)

Back on track, Whoa! on Mayson's scheme. eek I certainly don't see how Clark can get out of coming back to Metropolis to help Perry. But perhaps some other things will happen first to stem Mayson's attack on Clark. ??

Awesome writing; so effective how you're using everything to develop this intricate plot! We now await your next installment in rapt anticipation! grovel

EvelynC
B
Blogger
Blogger
B
I'm really liking this story, but frankly, I'm still having a hard time wrapping my head around this OOC version of Mayson. She's so crass, so totally selfish, manipulative and thick-headed that she's a bit over the top -- and now she's hooking up with Luthor to make Clark jealous? For me, an OC would have been a more suitable villain. This Mayson is so clueless about what really motivates Clark Kent and Superman that it is hard to take her seriously. It's the one fly in the ointment for me in an otherwise engrossing and very romantic story (I love the Hawthorn plot and the engaging romance between our two principals).

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I agree with everyone else that the conversation between Lois and Clark was lovely!

"Clark?"

"Uhm?"

"Just in case you were wondering," Lois said. "I love you more than I love Hawthorn."
Aaaawwwwwwwww!!! sloppy sloppy sloppy

Unfortunately, I agree with Betty that I have a hard time accepting this version of Mayson. Of course, I never like villains as such, and seeing a moderately likable character turn unreasonably bad makes it worse. I have never liked Mayson, of course. After all, she was trying to get the man that I wanted Lois to have! But I could respect her. This Mayson, by contrast, is just awfully bad for no good reason.

Well, I'm not reading this fic for Mayson's sake, and I'm looking forward to seeing much more of Lois and Clark in it!

Ann

D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
Great interaction between Lois and Clark and the way Lois told Clark that she knew his second biggest secret.

However, the curb that you've thrown for the story - i.e. Clark possibly going back to Metropolis so that Perry won't have to retire and keep Alice - is just ... totally unexpected.

But, I also don't like this purely evil Mayson (I do hope you kill her off quickly or soon). You have stated that you needed a villian, so in that regard, she does serve a good purpose for the story (but I am in someway hoping she doesn't pose too much a threat to either Clark/Superman or Ultrawoman).

I am looking forward to the next part and more Lois and Clark (naturally) smile1

smile

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Hey, I'm back! Sorry it's been a while since I've posted but I have been lurking in the background, reading your story which brightened my day upon each chapter during the recent sad time our family has been through.

I am loving what you are doing with this story and, contrary to what the other readers say about their dislike of Mayson, I have to say I find her evil plotting adds a nice balance to the lovely waffy scenes you have created for Lois and Clark. Go for it! The angst makes the resulting waff all the more waffy! LOL

Having Clark called back to the States was pure genius! I never saw that coming! I am so looking forward to the next few chapters.

Cheers
Elizabeth

F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Delightful part. Loved L&C's discussion.

I am looking forward to Mayson dating Lex Luthor.

Forcing Clark home early won't matter to L&C as they have already planned for a period of separation. It simply means Ultra Woman will be on hand in Metropolis when Mayson trys her little kryptonite extortion plan.

Plus since Lois does not have a relationship with Lex to cloud her mind she will see the underside of Lex Luthor.

It will be a great way to move Lois to Metropolis. She will go undercover in Metropolis and the first anyone will know of her arrival will be the Lane & Kent series on the Fall of the house of Luthor.

At that point Lex and Mayson are both defeated and Lois Lane comes out in to the open and joins the staff of the Daily Planet.

Framework4
Features Writer
Features Writer
That's just evil! So wrong me crying

frown

I will and always be a big fan of Lois and Clark forever and forever.
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Short FDK because I have little time smile
Mayson picked up the phone and dialled Lex Luthor's private number.
So many things to say. Like 'Clark's probably going to ask where to send the wedding gift' laugh Delusions of grandeur. Complete wack-job.

I never figured out that the very patient woman thing was the deviation form canon until you dropped that bomb on us. razz razz razz razz razz razz razz razz razz

Of course, I do get it. It's the only way you could finish this story in 40-50 parts instead of 150-200 shock And like all good narrators you're waiting with the heaping of foul matter until the waffiest possible moment. Just to prove a point and make them suffer. Bad girl. /wags finger/

Oh and... /little Oliver's voice/ More please?

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I'm afraid that I disagree that Mayson is too over the top; Mayson is truly evil in this, but I don't see it as that unbelievable, after all different growing up, different thought processes, different settings. And after all, she had to have been able to tell in the L&C show that Clark was more interested in Lois, but she chose to not see it and pursue him anyway. So here she is, pursuing him no matter what he tells her; actually in a way not too different, although huge that this time she doesn't care who she hurts along the way. eek

But she certainly seems to be even more driven now to "own" Clark because Clark has shown he doesn't want her; the plot thickens!!! Is this why she has gone "over the edge" into insanity? help
Working in mental health, you see all kinds of things that motivate/drive people in unexpected ways, often almost unexplainable ways even to themselves if they have a chance to think more clearly later.

EvelynC
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Sorry I'm so behind on replying to FDK. Blame part 39 - it simply *wouldn't* cooperate.

Iolanthe laugh

Laura I *can* get rid of Mayson, but we can't have things fall into place too easily, can we? wink Thanks.

Artemis Thanks. Yes, Mayson is not nice.

Evelyn Re Clark's reaction. I've thought about what you said and I'm not sure how he could react. He couldn't thank her for waiting for him - that would be presumptuous. He might feel glad that no other man has been with her, but to express that might sound possessive. Overemphasising his shock could also be misinterpreted.

Thanks, Evelyn.

Betty and Ann About Mayson.

Firstly, I needed a villain. Other writers may be able to write long stories and not have a villain, but I need one to balance the heroics of Superman (and Lois and Clark).

Secondly, I could have used an original character as the villain. The reason I chose not to was that I didn't want to spend the time/words introducing him/her. This is a story about Lois and Clark. Sure, there will be sub-plots involving other characters, but I try to minimise that. Also, with the story already including so much non-LnC (football), I wanted to use as many familiar characters as possible.

Mayson is certainly clueless about what motivates Superman - but she's had very little chance to get to know him. Until now, he's stayed distant with everyone.

Hooking up with Luthor is a long-shot, but remember she's tried for two years to get Clark and nothing has worked. This is the act of a desperate woman.

I certainly acknowledge that I've extrapolated Mayson's character and turned her evil. However, if I'd left her as the somewhat bland version we know from canon, the question would have to be asked why Clark had no interest in her. Early in the fic, some readers were noting that there were similarities between Mayson here and canon Lois. I had to make Mayson significantly different to the Lois we know - and I needed an evil villain - hence Mayson as I've written her.

Thanks to both of you for your comments. I'm glad you're still reading and enjoying the fic despite struggling with Mayson's evilness.

DW Bringing Clark home early mostly just sped up the story. He was going to have to leave Lois anyway. Thanks for your comments.

Elizabeth Welcome back!

I agree with what you say about balance. I don't think I could write a story of this length without any difficulties for LnC. Thanks, Elizabeth.

Framework

It will be a great way to move Lois to Metropolis. She will go undercover in Metropolis and the first anyone will know of her arrival will be the Lane & Kent series on the Fall of the house of Luthor.
The problem I see with that is how to explain her absence from Melbourne. Her workmates and friends are going to notice if she suddenly disappears. I don't think either Lois or Clark would be willing to allow them to worry unnecessarily.

Thanks.

Lovesuper Consider it just another challenge for them!

Michael

And like all good narrators you're waiting with the heaping of foul matter until the waffiest possible moment. Just to prove a point and make them suffer. Bad girl.
Guilty, as charged!

Evelyn I think the essence of fanfic is to take canon and apply 'what ifs'. (Without the 'what ifs', we just have canon.) What if, with no Lois, Mayson can see no reason why Clark wouldn't want to be with her? What if never accepting 'no' (and using her skills in manipulation) has brought her great success as an investigative reporter ? What if she truly believes she should be able to have anything she wants?

What if, when denied, she gets nasty?

Thanks, Evelyn.

Corrina.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard