Next Thread
Print Thread
#72802 07/17/10 05:55 AM
L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
All right, this one was a little far-fetched. (If Clark does dye his hair, it's the best dye job I have ever seen.) But the idea for the story tickled my funny bone, so I decided to post it anyway, in case anyone needed a chuckle.

As always, feedback welcomed.

Joy,
Lynn

Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
I love a good mis-leading, red herring story!!

Kerth
Kerth
Nice one!

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
laugh

Ok, I didn't expect that!

Great job!

smile

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
rotflol lol

EvelynC
Top Banana
Top Banana
Hi Lynn,

This was cute. thumbsup But I have to wonder, what color did Lois think his hair was under that dye? What did she think she saw? blush

I have to share a story. A LONG time ago when I was 19, I went to get my hair cut. This was the late 70s any my hair was a bit long. Anyway, the lady was about to start on my hair when she stopped and started looking at my hair from different angles. Finally she said, "Whoever dyed your hair didn't do a very good job. There is a big red streak running all along the top of your head." Of course, I had never dyed my hair and explained that. She looked a little closer and it turned out that I had a natural red streak in my hair. It's long since faded but I'll never forget being accused of dying my hair red -- badly.

Bob

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
LOL Bob. Silly story but cute.

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
Thanks to all who have left feedback. smile1

Windfall, I see you haven't posted very often. I am doubly honoured, therefore, that you decided to leave me feedback.

Marcus, glad you liked it.

DW, I'm glad the ending was a surprise. It was fun coming up with misleading but context-appropriate thoughts and dialogue for Lois.

Evelyn, smile

Bob, Ouch! That must have been a pretty traumatic experience for a teenage boy. My own thoughts are that Clark was touching up some grey hair. I almost wrote "prematurely grey," but we really don't know at what range of ages Kryptonians' hair changes colour. Of course, if you would rather think of him as a natural blond or red-head, be my guest! (Somehow, I find it hard to picture Clark, much less Superman, with a different hair colour.)

Laura, silly is my specialty. goofy There's enough serious stuff to be dealt with in RL; so when I indulge in fiction writing, I like to keep things light. (As I'm sure you've noticed by now.)

Thanks again to all.

Joy,
Lynn

D
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
D
Hahahahah. Cute and unexpected! I liked it!

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
rotflol rotflol rotflol jump
Good surprise twist!
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
clap

That was hilarious!! So great, the way you made us think that it really was *the* Secret she was learning! Definitely never saw that ending coming!

Now I'm wondering what would have happened if she hadn't interrupted him, if he'd started to explain why he'd never told her that he was Superman...

Lois: "What does flying have to do with the color of your hair?" :p

~*Monica*~

"Being with you is stronger than me alone."
L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
Deja Vu and Artemis, I'm glad you both liked it. I have fun writing surprise ending stories. smile

Monica,
Now I'm wondering what would have happened if she hadn't interrupted him, if he'd started to explain why he'd never told her that he was Superman...
Then he'd have had to explain his explanation, and that *really* would have needed quite an explanation! laugh

Joy,
Lynn

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard