Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#72709 07/14/10 01:12 PM
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Hey Guys and Girls!

This for everyone reading Everywhere- I'd said at the beginning of part 7 that I'd need you all before I could proceed with the rest of the story. The reason is when I first wrote this story I breezed (yeah, whatever) right through with a version of the story I was pleased with. Then after I was rereading, I thought 'hey, this would have been better like this'. Then asked on the boards which direction I should go with it. And you know what?! I got three different answers. So GUESS WHAT???!!! shock This story has three different paths written from this point on. What I want to know is- which one do you want to read? Okay, so I know I'll probably hear all three answers, but... right now, right, right, now- which one would you like to read?

SPOILER WARNING!!!!!!

Path one- NK arch- LONG NK arch!

Path two- NK arch- short(er) NK arch!

Path three- and I'm not real impressed with this ending because it truly feels like something's missing- Lois gets to Clark before he can leave. And seriously, you if you choose this one, you might have to help me polish it into something more readable.

Okay- choice is yours. Give me somewhere for Everywhere to go.

Oh, and all of the comments are fantastic. Thanks for continuing to read and to leave feedback. I apologize for not doing this sooner, but my muse is still working overtime on another story.

SQD

#72710 07/14/10 01:17 PM
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
I would prefer path three, with my second choice being path two.

IMHO, Lois and Clark (and, vicariously, your readers) have had enough heart-wringing. I'm ready to move on to the resolution of the story.

Joy,
Lynn

Edit: p.s., Don't get me wrong -- I think the story is an excellent one; otherwise, I would not have bothered to keep up with it. It's just that I've been angsted out and am ready for some happier reading.

#72711 07/14/10 02:00 PM
Blogger
Blogger
Path 2 please

Kyla
#72712 07/14/10 02:08 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Path 1 please...

Once I start reading a good story I want it to last as long as possible so I get more enjoyment for longer. smile

Elizabeth

#72713 07/14/10 02:11 PM
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Okay, so I know I'll probably hear all three answers
...But did you expect to get the three different answers in the first three responses? wink confused eek

Joy,
Lynn

#72714 07/14/10 02:42 PM
D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
I'm with Lynn - preferably path 3, but 2 is fine.

I also like a long story (especially a long Squid story smile ), but the characters have been through a tough time and a resolution would be good.

smile

BTW, as the different paths have been written, how long is the option 1 path (long NK arch)????

#72715 07/14/10 04:15 PM
Features Writer
Features Writer
i would like an mix of parts two and three, reason being that. Lois has to tell Clark for one thing. next have them all happy planning for the baby (this is where the long part comes in)then the NK comes in when Zara knows about the baby and tells Ching. Now thats really starting drama. Also throw in an (will you marry me in there somewhere)
Now thats an plot. Dont forget an nfic part plz thumbsup laugh blush thats how i would do it laugh

I will and always be a big fan of Lois and Clark forever and forever.
#72716 07/14/10 04:33 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
My question is if #1&2 are going to involve an even longer heart-wrenching plot with L&C still not together? In that case, then I cannot vote for those, I don't think. frown

But I would prefer if they can reconcile with each other and have a commitment, and then if there has to be an NK arc, before the NK arc (the short one preferably if there has to be one) gets going, Lois knows how much he cares and wants her and the baby!!

So many questions! help

Hope that makes sense.
Thanks,

EvelynC
#72717 07/14/10 04:39 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
i would like an mix of parts two and three, reason being that. Lois has to tell Clark for one thing. next have them all happy planning for the baby (this is where the long part comes in)then the NK comes in when Zara knows about the baby and tells Ching. Now thats really starting drama. Also throw in an (will you marry me in there somewhere)
After reading Lovesuper97's post, that is pretty much what I was thinking of but didn't word it nearly as well. blush
Thanks, lovesuper97!

And thank you SQD for giving us the opportunity for this feedback, no matter what you decide! smile1

EvelynC
#72718 07/14/10 05:21 PM
Features Writer
Features Writer
thank you evelyn!!! this is going to be an good story!

#72719 07/14/10 06:37 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
wave Well, I'm back again.

I figured since I came out of semi-lurkdom to comment on part seven, I ought to respond to this, too.

Personally, I don't think # 3 is a good idea. I can understand why a lot of people think it would be because
(1)Clark leaving for NK, and then Lois finds out she is pregnant has been done before
(2)They've already been through a lot in this story, and most people don't like NK archs anyway.

BUT
Here's my philosophy.
Lois getting to Clark before he leaves for NK would be to trite. Like wrapping up a neat little pagkage before it has everything in it.

Leaving for NK would allow her to come to terms with their relationshp more. (You know the whole, "I should have tried harder to work it out with him while he was here, and now he's gone and he could die...")

Of course, just because she tells him she's pregnant before he leaves doesn't mean they're going to be a couple again right away but still...it a little to easy for me.

Besides that, the author herself doesn't seem to realy want to write # 3. And while I appreciate SQD for asking the readers what we want, I don't think anyone should have to write something their heart's just not in.

I'd be okay with either option #1 or #2 if you didn't understand after all that gibberish.

Hey, I have a babbling problem, people! And since I'm not writing Lois write now, I guess this is how it comes out.

Signing off for now,
Sara

#72720 07/14/10 06:43 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I like long, detailed fics so go with whatever makes this fic the longest!

#72721 07/14/10 07:56 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
I vote for short NK arc... cause I'm scared how long it will and how old L&C's child would be by the end of it! And I think it would make it much more interesting if Clark doesn't know before he goes, even if Lois intended on telling him. And maybe he finds out telekinetic-ally, or when he comes to see her that one time discovers two heartbeats... I guess you'd have to reason out why he comes to see her, but just some ideas! Anyway, I'm sure we'll be happy with whatever you do! Your writing is *super*! smile1

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
#72722 07/14/10 08:35 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
And I would like to emphasize also that whatever you feel is best is what you should do -- this is Your story, after all! wink

We will be here ready and waiting to read whatever you give us; and I certainly do trust your judgment as I have really enjoyed reading all your stories. smile1

Thank you!

EvelynC
#72723 07/15/10 01:27 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
This is my opinion, too. But, if 3 isn't possible, I vote for a shortER NK arch. Lois and Clark have suffered so much up to this point and lost so much time that a LONG (you wrote that in caps, so it must be really, really looooong) NK arch would be unbearable. mecry

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
#72724 07/15/10 04:57 AM
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Path one- NK arch- LONG NK arch!
It really depends on how NK is played. All too often folks forget that NK is simply too small to form a viable high tech civilization.

They either need trade with other worlds or a larger population.

Framework4
#72725 07/15/10 10:48 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
I don't like the NK arches. I vote part 3, and maybe (as stated previously), they meet and Clark hears the second heart beat and slowly figures things out or Lois tells him. I'm tired of the heartbreaking saga of them not getting over their issues and getting back together. I too think that there should be a "Will you marry me," in there, too, and soon!

~Sheila

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
#72726 07/15/10 04:26 PM
Features Writer
Features Writer
Sheila agree with you whole heartly about him finding out about the heartbeat. See two people agree with me. But as stated before, it your story we will still read it. laugh smile

#72727 07/18/10 05:05 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hmm...Hmm... Here's what I'm thinking. At least, if I were to force Muse to continue. Please, bear in mind, I'm now in my plot-weeding-mode, not in my sit-back-and-enjoy-the-ride mode.

Option One reminds me a lot of the setup of Rac's epic. Minus the super-powered Lois. And probably the civil war. But still, lot of heartache and separation anxiety.

Option Two sounds like variation of your wonderful Clark-is-apart-from-Lois-and-doesn't-know-she's-pregnant stories.

Option Three. Well, that's just too easy a way out. Plus you've set it all up so wonderfully for more angst laugh

So, what I would do, would be getting Clark to meet his wife and get married before he learns Lois is pregnant but go the way of the Show and not keep them apart any longer than that. This way, Clark has to deal with a wife he doesn't want, a child he had no idea about, and an ex-lover who's probably more than a little miffed even if it's not Clark's fault, per-se. Voila, instant drama in a completely unprecedented setting. I hope.

I know, probably not the answer you've been looking for. Doesn't mean I won't appreciate any of your choices, either. smile1

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#72728 07/18/10 07:03 AM
Kerth
Kerth
Well, wyh don't you post all three version, considering you have written them already? Just make sure to label them accordingly. Like
"Everywhere - version 1" or "Everywhere - Long NK ark" (or whatever subtitle you would use for this).

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard