Next Thread
Print Thread
#72570 07/09/10 02:17 AM
T
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
T
*sigh* I guess I've been loading up on the pain pills lately. This actually made sense to me when I wrote it.

Submitted for your perusal. cool

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
#72571 07/09/10 04:24 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Well, at least your muses are more interesting than mine right now - mine are going "I'm bored... let's start something else" to which I try to respond "no, we have to finish the other five projects first" to which they say "Fine, let's help Elminster..."

...Elminster meets Lois & Clark... No, no no, bad muse... bad baad muse.

Big Apricot Superman Movieverse
The World of Lois & Clark
Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm
#72572 07/09/10 05:51 AM
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
That was downright weird -- in a good way.

The prospect of Harley giving me story ideas made my navel pucker.
rotflol

Thanks for the laugh. smile

Joy,
Lynn

#72573 07/09/10 07:30 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
laugh laugh rotflol rotflol

I love these sort's of romps. You know, breaking the fourth wall. Talking about muses. Etc.

I shook my head. “Polly, if I actually posted something like that, I’d get pilloried, maybe even drawn and quartered! And rightly so! Nobody wants to see Clark Kent as a super-pimp and Lois Lane as one of his string of hookers! And that includes me!”
/mutters about bad influences of grown-up muses./
You know, Polly just corrupted my little Muse. The poor thing didn't even yet tell me her name, still has wings and is always flitting about shyly, looking oh-so-innocent. Not that I believe her act. But I digress. Am I correct to assume you're not going to use Polly's delivery? angel-devil

Awesome!

Michael

Edit: (How could I forget)
She sauntered across the threshold of my mind like a sandworm chasing water
Shai-Hulud? The Maker? Because, um, water = poison, so no chasing after it blush

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#72574 07/09/10 10:02 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Thanks for the fun and laughter I got out of this! lol

EvelynC
#72575 07/09/10 06:36 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Why, hello, who are you? Eh? What? Clark as a pimp, you say? Hmmm, come to think of it that does have some promise. I suppose I could tack it to the end of this to-do list and--eh? Where are you going? Come back!

wink

This was a cute, fun read, Terry. clap Reminds me of something I wrote once (er, the muse thing, not the hookers.) Muses are such handfuls, aren't they? laugh

~•~
#72576 07/11/10 01:02 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
What a hoot , Terry laugh No cliche left unused. Thanks for the giggle.

c.

#72577 07/12/10 06:26 PM
Columnist
Columnist
I loved this, Terry. It's good to have some insight into what goes on in your head as you write all those great stories. wink

#72578 07/12/10 07:08 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Excellent! Wasn't Miles the partner in one of those noir books, like "The Maltese Falcon" or "The Big Sleep"? I should know my noir better.

#72579 07/12/10 08:46 PM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Thanks for the zaniness, Terry!

Ann

#72580 07/13/10 05:30 PM
T
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
T
Ah, the joy of feedback. Thanks for commenting, y'all!

Dandello, is Elminster an elf or an Irishman? Is there a significant difference?

Glad you liked it, Lynn!

You take care of that cute little muse, Michael. One day she'll hand you a folder of ideas that would make a sailor blush.

And do you have any idea how long it's been since I read any of the "Dune" books? At least twenty-five years! So cut this old man some slack, okay? I forgot!

You're welcome, Evelyn. I think I'm getting funnier as I age. Either that or I'm - what was I talking about?

Hi, Queenie! You liked it? That's high praise indeed. Thank you.

(Psst! The story idea is yours! Please take it!)

Oh, Carol, you should see what I left on the cutting room floor. There were several bits which never made it into the rough draft. (Think "Who's On First?" with Abbot and Costello.)

Iolan, you remembered Miles Archer, Sam Spade's partner in "The Maltese Falcon." Yay! You get a no-prize.

Crazy is my other middle name, Ann. Or is it Polychromatic? I always forget.

See y'all on the boards!

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
#72581 07/13/10 07:42 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Dandello, is Elminster an elf or an Irishman? Is there a significant difference?
Let's see - Elminster is the extremely old Mage of Shadowdale - which is a location in the Forgotten Realms - a D&D world.

So Lois & Clark in a fantasy domain with magic. Clark is no doubt a paladin; Superman is a demigod and Lois as a bard?

Like I said, bad muse...

Big Apricot Superman Movieverse
The World of Lois & Clark
Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm
#72582 07/14/10 08:43 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Ooo-kay blush So, this means you never checked out the conclusion of the saga written by his son and KJ Anderson a couple of years ago?

Michael, who looks to the Noble Houses in Dune when he needs inspiration for New Krypton angel-devil After they bred with Vulcans laugh

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#72583 07/14/10 09:21 AM
R
Rac Offline
Columnist
Columnist
R
This was a riot, Terry. Excellent use of Noir, cliches, mythology, and good ol' humor.

And I know just what you mean about muses and their bad ideas. My muse just kicked me in the head a few weeks ago with an idea I don't think I want to write, but the muse is pretty stuck on the notion. I'm also getting no sympathy from the muse when it comes to the fact that I've already got an eight million page long work in progress that really should get finished some time this century.

#72584 07/23/10 06:59 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
/me thinks that Terry has much more interesting muses than I do and tries not to acknowledge Rac's comment about works in progress that should get finished/

peep (We really need a 'whistling with exaggerated innocence' icon, but this one will have to do.)

- Happy

This *is* my happily ever after.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard