Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#72541 07/08/10 10:33 AM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
OMG!!! Well done, hats off! notworthy I was riveted on this chapter, I have to say! Well done on the reunion!

I love the awards that are seemingly strewn all over Clark's apartment. These two collect them like baseball cards now. wink

And *spoiler alert* Lois is pregnant! Surely, surely this will bring them together on a more permanent basis... One can only hope!

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
#72542 07/08/10 10:59 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
WOW! jawdrop jawdrop

First of all, Lois coming back to Metropolis after two years just to be present when Clark received his award was the sweetest thing. I mean, she didn’t return when it was her awards (even when it was the Pulitzer), but she did return for Clark. It was touching. Their meeting at the ceremony was so sweet that I had a sappy smile plastered on my face when I was reading. Pure and absolute WAFF. [Linked Image]

Lois closed her eyes, covering the hand on her face with her own. Silent tears brushed the ends of her lashes as her soul seemed to sigh. Her very being still recognized this man as a vital part of her existence.
/me melts. [Linked Image]

When they got to Clark’s place… well… when you said this was the part we were waiting for, I thought I knew what was coming but, boy, I was in for a surprise. I never saw that coming. Perry was right when he said they are “fire and gasoline”.
It seems all this time apart wore out the patience of our “very patient man”. All those bottled up feelings and pent-up frustrations had to break loose when they were face to face again. I think they were so tired of running and keeping distance that they hadn’t energy to fight their longing and need for each other anymore. It was so overwhelming that led up to their passionate romp. And I have to add… I love it when Clark is assertive and takes lead. He is always so controlled that it’s rare to see this side of him. I love bold Clark!Can we have more of him? Please? [Linked Image]

Three times... they'd...done that three times... on the bed.

Then again in the shower... in the kitchen... on the sofa... How many times had they made love?
Oh, why aren’t we on the nfic side?

And Lois is pregnant! Yay! [Linked Image] I loved it! If it hadn’t happened, probably she would go back to run around the world risking her life (she’s already in another city when she finds out she’s pregnant). Now that she’s pregnant, she should be more conscious about taking risks. It is not just her life at stake anymore.

As for where they go from here… it’s obvious that they still love each other. If this feeling survived two years apart it isn’t going to die. They can’t forget everything like it never happened and get married right away (although Clark must suggest it), but I think the first step would be Lois to stop running and go back to Metropolis. They need to work out what happened. While this wound is open they can’t start healing. Maybe they could go back to dating while Lois is pregnant and slowly they could resolve their problems and rebuild their relationship. Clark has learned his lesson. Now Lois has to find it in her heart to forgive him. They need to fix their relationship, not because Lois is pregnant, but because they love each other and distance and time won’t change that. These two years have proved that everywhere Lois goes this love is with her, because it’s within her. I don’t mind the path they will take (I’m sure you will come up with something way better than I could imagine) since it leads to a happy and WAFFy ending. I can’t help it, I’m a romantic at heart. [Linked Image]

Andreia (who wrote way more than she intended to) blush

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
#72543 07/08/10 11:05 AM
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Oh my. That was definitely *not* where I had expected you to take this story...

My hope now is that Clark Jr. or Lois Jr. might succeed in getting his/her parents back together on a more permanent basis despite their stubbornness -- Not only for Clark and Lois' sake, but now for the sake of the child, as well.

Joy,
Lynn

#72544 07/08/10 11:14 AM
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
I loved this chapter, too. They're both deeply in love and I dare say that it's even more so because of the distance between them. They both want the well-being of the other.

I'm glad they got together physically. Lois' heart is still full of Clark, but since she's not willing to give it to him fully again due to the way he treated it last time she handed it to him, the sex will not have solved anything.

And a baby... that absolutely won't simplify anything.

Ultra Woman said:
I think the first step would be Lois to stop running and go back to Metropolis. They need to work out what happened.
Yes, that would be a step in the right direction. However, given how long and how fast Lois has been running, it's just as likely that she'll keep running right through the pregnancy and Clark will come home to a baby in a bassinet with a note saying, "Clark, I believe this baby belongs to you."

Hey, isn't this about the right timeframe for "Family Hour"? Well, maybe not. I don't recall the New Kryptonians arriving yet.

Great chapter, SQD. I hope to see another very, very soon. Please? grovel

#72545 07/08/10 11:14 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Whoa! help

I'm not sure if this is the kind of feedback you wanted, though. But I'm looking forward to how you put things back together, or sure hope you will. huh

EvelynC
#72546 07/08/10 01:02 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Boy, I didn't see that coming, but I am sooo happy about it! Lois pregnant! party I think that when she tells Clark, he should insist that they sit and talk about their pasts and resolve some issues. I think that a proposal is in order;not because of the baby but because they love each other. I think that Clark said, "We can never go back," because he knows that it's what Lois would say and not because he honestly feels that way. I'm not sure that Lois honestly feels that way either.

Please get them on the mend. Any hurry up already!!!

~Sheila

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
#72547 07/08/10 03:30 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
How can Lois and Clark not talk to each other now? They will have to talk. Maybe they can work out their stupid decisions to stay away from each other.

#72548 07/08/10 05:50 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
This chapter was HHHHHHHOOOOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!

Absolutely LOVED that they finally put their differences aside and loved each other for one night...
and YES! Why WASN'T this part on the nfic side?!?! Coming soon?? Ok Great.

Still loving this story!!! Gets juicier and juicier. Yay for waff!!!

"We're both barefoot, both flushed, and we both look guilty as hell. Clark has finger-combed his hair but I'm positive mine looks like I was just f… fished out of the river."

<3 this fic!
'The Next Step' By Sue S.

#72549 07/08/10 10:18 PM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Hmmm, I don't think this development was entirely unexpected since this is a Squidfic, and Squid's Clark can be surprisingly ready to take sudden action... wink thumbsup clap (And it's not unusual for Lois to be quite fertile, either.) wink

Well. This doesn't solve anything. As I am forever a Lois supporter, I always tend to look at her side of the situation. Lois very, very, very much wanted to make love to Clark, so there is no way ever that she can blame just him and not herself for her pregnancy.

Still, let's look at the situation that led up to the lovemaking:

"I've missed you," she blurted out before she could change her mind.

"You were the one who left."
Wrong answer, Clark. Lois gives you an opening, a possible way back to friendship and love, and you throw it all back at her by basically laying all the blame on her: Lois, you were the one who left. It was your fault.

His voice was more than slightly accusatory, striking a nerve. "*You* walked away," she said with a pointed finger and stood up.
He was definitely the one who initiated the separation. He was the one who broke up with her, and maddeningly, he did it for her own sake, or at least he told her so.

“At least I didn’t run and hide!”
Clark keeps accusing her, not admitting any fault of his own.

<<Damn him!>>

This was exactly why she'd stayed away so long. She thrust a foot into a shoe as more of her buried anger seeped to the surface.
Lois gets angry. She is about to leave.

Clark dropped his head. He hadn't meant to say that- to make her angry. But...
He hadn't meant to make her angry, but he had really wanted to say those words to her. Because he put most of the blame for their separation on her, apparently.

He lifted his head and looked at her- really looked.

<But nothing.>
Interesting, Squid. The way I read this, Clark has never really tried to understand Lois's reaction to his breaking up with her. I think he had been telling himself that he had really been perfectly unselfish and done it all for her sake, but instead of being grateful to him for wanting to protect her, Lois had reacted unreasonably by withdrawing from him. Now, though, and maybe for the first time ever, he was really looking at her side of things.

He watched her struggle with her coat, then quickly stood and made his way over to her. His strong arms encircled her waist and he buried his face against her neck.
He is stopping her, but why? To tell her that he was wrong? To apologize? To ask her to sit down with him and talk about what has happened and what they should do about their futures?

"I was a fool," he whispered, then spun her around to face him. She barely had time to think before his mouth covered hers.
He is sort of apologizing, but he doesn't give her time to talk about anything. He goes directly into an assertive-sexual mode. Lois responds enthusiastically. But they don't talk about anything and don't try to solve the underlying conflict.

And look at what Clark says to Lois after they have made love:

"I was devastated," she said simply.

"I know," he admitted as he leaned up on his elbow.

"I wallowed in self pity as long as I could, then let my anger take over. I had to get away."

"Do you know how hard it was to let you go?"

She looked at him then as if he had two heads. "Do you know how that sounds?"

"Yeah. And I know how it felt."
He asks her if she knows how hard it was for him to let her go - after he had insisted on breaking up with her. wallbash

Frankly I think that Clark must confront his own motives and try to understand why he broke up with Lois "for her own good", even though she had made it absolutely clear to him that she didn't want a break-up. He must also ask himself why he was angry and disappointed when she severed her ties with him when he insisted on going through with the broken engagement.

Clark must realize that he was really trying to control Lois. He didn't want to be engaged to her, for whatever reason, but he still wanted her to be his friend, he wanted them to be partners at work, he wanted to see her quite a lot on a friendly basis etc. He never asked what she wanted. He never considered that she didn't want to be controlled.

In this chapter, Lois acknowledged her love for Clark. She hadn't come to her own Pulitzer ceremony, but she had to come when Clark got a prestigious award. She knows that it has been devastating to be away from Clark, just as Clark knows that it has been devastating to be away from Lois. But Clark has never confronted himself - never really confronted himself - with his own contribution to their separation. This is a good example of how Clark is thinking about his situation:

He’d kept the engagement ring he’d bought Lois so long ago. It was a reminder of how easily he could lose everything.
It was a reminder of how easily he could lose everything? No, Clark, that's not the right way of thinking about what happened. Breaking up with your fiancée is not a small thing, not a little accident, particularly not when you insisted on it and she objected.

And see what he is thinking here:

Those tears... that's what nearly changed his mind on that fateful night. It was also why he'd left her apartment so quickly.
Instead of thinking that he was an idiot for breaking up with her and that he should have let her tears convince him not to do it, he is thinking, without any self-recrimination or self-analysis, that her tears almost stopped him from breaking up with her that night.

Lois was right to leave Clark after their night of passion. The way I see it, they can't be together on a permanent basis until Clark really confronts his own reasons for breaking up with Lois. Until Clark does that, he can't be a very good husband to Lois, not in his current frame of thinking.

Of course Lois must keep Clark's baby, and of course she must let Clark know that he is going to be a father. And of course she must let him have access to his baby. But until he really talks to her about his reasons for breaking up with her "for her own good" against her own wishes, I don't think she should enter into a permanent relationship with him.

Ann

#72550 07/08/10 10:29 PM
Features Writer
Features Writer
And can we get an 7.5 nfic very nice and streamy. Lol had to
read it twice
P.s. can we get one more part in as a birthday gift for me. My hubby likes it.

I will and always be a big fan of Lois and Clark forever and forever.
#72551 07/08/10 11:48 PM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Originally posted by lovesuper97:
Lol had to
read it twice
Me too laugh

@ TOC
Very good analysis of the situation. I completely agree... Clark, just because he's *super*, shouldn't be able to get away with having Lois come back to him just cause she can't resist him... he needs to think through his own issues... And with a baby on the way, isn't there a danger of him going into over-protect mode? Of course I want Lois to tell him, and it's been said that she will, but couldn't this throw them into the same situation they were in before? Or could it make him realize that to throw it all away in the name of protecting Lois and the baby would be a much worse mistake?

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
#72552 07/09/10 03:57 AM
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Delightful part.

Very well done. So Lois is pregnant, perfect, bring on the New Kryptonians smile

Framework4
#72553 07/09/10 08:49 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Awwwwww drool

And loving Clark was the reason she was in a mess now.

Her hand smoothed over her flat mid-section.
Well, duh! It's squid-fic blush

As for where to go from there. The obvious choices are keeping them apart until Junior starts flying and invites them both to his or her wedding. Or, having Lois move back to Metropolis and Clark getting that other ring out of the drawer. So, the real question is what you could do to well-plotedly prolong their suffering. Having Clark think it's another man's child would only work by generating some reeeeealy big misunderstanding. There's always pregnancy complications. The most likely choice could be Lois coming to Metropolis, telling Clark and then getting into Lois-danger with close Superman proximity immediately thereafter, causing Clark to do the Clark-thing again. evil

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#72554 07/09/10 09:06 AM
D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
Excellent part and I completely agree with Ann's analysis.

Looking forward to part 8 and Lois does have to tell CLark that he is going to be a father, but they'll have to have a very long talk before they can really be together!

smile

#72555 07/09/10 12:22 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Well, long time no see, huh?

I haven't had the internet at home for 8 months, for starters.

And I've been interested in other fandoms.

Finally, I've been busy with a baby (I was pregnant last year, too.)

Anyway, I have been following this story, even though I'm still not that involved with LNC right now.

I think that Lois and Clark will get together again eventually. (I mean, this is an LNC forum, right? And that's why we read stories, right? To get them together?)
But I don't think it will be nearly as quickly as "I'm pregnant Clark.
"Okay, that means we should get back together."

I'm still waiting for New Kryptonians.

As far as this chapter itself goes
So much to say. But not now. Too much had happened. They couldn't go back; they couldn't change any of it.}}}}
Yes, I agree they can't go back. Going back would mean pretending Clark never broke up with Lois, Lois never left, and the last two years never happened. But they can go FOWARD. (Eventually, that is.)

As far as it being Clark's fault that they are in this situation in the first place, I agree, it is. Lois left to maintain her sanity, not to "torture him."

However, I think some of the readers may be forgeting Clark KNEW he made a mistake even before she left. He asked if they could try again. "Beg" I believe is the word he used.

I also agree that under the circumstances, saying yes to Clark at that point would have been a bit trite, considering I don't think he even knew why she was really mad. (controlling her, that is.)

But the reason why he's not trying harder now, is because he already asked again. She rejected him.

Signing off for now.
Don't know how long I'm going to disappear again,
Sara

#72556 07/21/10 05:28 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
So it's time for part 8 now, right?...Squid?....hello?

"We're both barefoot, both flushed, and we both look guilty as hell. Clark has finger-combed his hair but I'm positive mine looks like I was just f… fished out of the river."

<3 this fic!
'The Next Step' By Sue S.

#72557 07/22/10 09:52 AM
Features Writer
Features Writer
hyper hyper hyper

I will and always be a big fan of Lois and Clark forever and forever.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard