Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#72465 07/01/10 06:04 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Preview of 29

Lois reached for her Hawthorn jumper and pulled it on.

"Hey," Clark said. "You look pretty good in that."

"Yeah," Lois said nonchalantly.

Clark laughed at her easy acknowledgement of his compliment.

"*Everyone* looks good in this jumper," she said with a mischievous grin. "One day, I'm going to put you in one. Except that could be very, very hazardous."

"Hazardous for whom?" Clark asked, trying to control his amusement.

"All I'm saying is that if you're wearing a Hawthorn jumper, I couldn't possibly be held responsible for my behaviour."
Thanks.

Corrina.

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
hyper Wow! All I can say is that there is so much packed in each of your story's parts, and this one is no exception.

huh Can't wait!

Thank you!

EvelynC
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Mayson!!! wallbash wallbash wallbash

And Seb! wallbash

Mayson wants to destroy Superman (and Clark, too). Seb, it wouldn't surprise me, may want to destroy Lois.

Mayson has kryptonite. Seb is a maker of jewellery. That kryptonite could be put into a nice kryptonite ring, no?

[Linked Image]

Maybe Seb could give this ring to Lois and persuade her to give it to Clark? Or perhaps Mayson is just going to use it on Clark in his Superman guise when he is being interviewed by her?

What is Dan's role going to be in all of this? By sleeping with Mayson, I think he destroyed his chances of emerging from this adventure intact. Is he going to sacrifice himself to save Lois, or even to save Clark?

This being a Lois and Clark fic and you being a Hawthorn supporter, I don't see how you could put Lois in a position where she has to save Hawthorn and then make her fail. So she is going to succeed. By what means, though? How hard will it be? How dangerous will it be?

This is going to be a rough voyage, with Lois and Clark navigating between the Scylla of Mayson and the Charybdis of Seb!

Navigating between Scylla and Charybdis in 1863

Ann

Top Banana
Top Banana
I'm wondering if Clark will resort to using Superman to earn enough money to donate to Hawthorne and in the process encounter Mayson and her green rock?

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
Mayson is so evil! hyper

S
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
S
i think i need to stop reading this now that its giving me heart palpitations....i'm under enough stress as it is...oy

B
Blogger
Blogger
B
I'm enjoying this story quite a bit. The romance is delightful, very well paced, and very well rounded. I must admit I'm a bit surprised at how evil you made Mayson, though. I don't think I've ever encountered such an evil Mayson in any other fanfic.

Making her an unethical (and apparently a poor) reporter has a certain level of plausibility (although as a DA in the show she seemed more of a straight arrow), but making her a power hungry monster who wants to control Superman and who will stop at nothing to get Clark for herself seems a bit of a stretch. What's next, an attempt to murder Lois when she finds out that they're together? I guess every story needs a villain, especially now that Trask is gone.

That's really the only quibble I have with this story, though. I love Lois and Clark together, and Lois's support for Hawthorn, and her determination not to give up on it, feels familiar and very in character.

F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Cute part.

Clearly Lois can't afford to accept that Seb is right. She needs to do everything she can to fight the merger OTHERWISE some part of her will believe that she could have stopped it but didn't because of Clark.

Your Mayson is pure evil. Looking forward to her meeting Mad Dog Lane. I have this mental picture of her trying to use the Green Kryptonite and being decked by Lois.

Lois's "Operation Payback" against Mayson will be delightful to watch.

Framework4
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
I'm not going to talk about the parts of this story that drive me crazy because they don't seem to bother anyone else.

I will say that I'm enjoying this story.

I will also remind the gentle readers that it was mentioned in an earlier instalment that Seb had aquired some new, interesting stones for his jewerly making. Anyone want to bet what those pretty green stones might be?

Tank (who has enjoyed how easy Clark and Lois' relationship has progressed but he knows that he along with the other gentle readers are being set up for some serious whams ahead)

Columnist
Columnist
Hi, Corinna

I've been lurking in the background of your story for some time now, and I thought I should peek out and tell you how much I'm enjoying this story.

Normally, I have a hard time enjoying stories where Lois is anything other than a reporter at the Planet, but you've really made me buy into this world.

If the speculation is correct, I'll be interested to see how you manage to get Mayson and Seb together. Also, I think it's just a matter of time before Clark runs into a situation that needs Superman while he is in Australia.

Looking forward to more!

Top Banana
Top Banana
As soon as I saw this:
Mayson Drake rolled over, turning away from the lump in the bed beside her.
I had a bad feeling. My reaction to the rest of the sections was along the lines of: razz Lois is right. Merger is just as certain a death as closing the doors. I understand why the pure "money" people of the club would favor it, but I can never why see any fan would support such a thing.

And finally, I'm both pleased and curious about what Lois want's to talk with Martha about.

Bob

Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Evelyn It's good that you're finding a lot in each part. I decided to post less often and have bigger parts - no real reason, just a whim smile

Lois's chat with Martha ... is going to have a huge effect on the rest of this fic.

Thanks, Evelyn.

Ann You ask a lot of questions, Ann. I can't really answer any of them smile .

RE the merger - you're right. The question is not so much the outcome, but how the outcome is achieved. And, what effect it has on Lois and Clark.

Sheila That's a thought - which will be addressed. Thanks, Sheila.

DW Most footy fans are stubborn when it comes to their club.

Thanks, DW.

Sarah I think every fic I've posted has had a happy ending - this will be no different. You could always try paava leaves! wink

Thanks.

Betty Thanks for leaving FDK, Betty.

Mayson's character is definitely a stretch. My problem was that with both Lois and Clark in Melbourne, the Daily Planet had very few characters left to build a story around, so I had to import a few.

In the show, Mayson could probably see Clark's attraction to Lois. This Mayson can see no good reason why Clark wouldn't be interested in her (yes, she's *that* egotistical!) Add in a rich and easily manipulated uncle, and she's a spoilt brat. And it's also true that I needed a villain. laugh

Canon didn't really emphasise Lois's loyalty to the DP too much, but I think it was definitely there. I've tried to transplant that feeling to Hawthorn. I'm glad it seems realistic to you.

Framework Thanks!

Clearly Lois can't afford to accept that Seb is right. She needs to do everything she can to fight the merger OTHERWISE some part of her will believe that she could have stopped it but didn't because of Clark.
I think that makes a lot of sense.

Your Mayson is pure evil. Looking forward to her meeting Mad Dog Lane.
There will be a meeting. wink

Tank Thanks for sticking with the fic despite some bits that drive you crazy.

who has enjoyed how easy Clark and Lois' relationship has progressed but he knows that he along with the other gentle readers are being set up for some serious whams ahead
A major theme in this fic is 'team'. Whams can be either external to the team or internal to the team. The key is how the team deals with the whams!

Beth Hi, Beth. Thanks for letting me know you're reading.

I'll be interested to see how you manage to get Mayson and Seb together.
One's a reporter in Metropolis and the other's a jeweller in Sydney. Getting them together in a believable way is not going to be easy. smile

Bob

As for Seb, what a ^!@%!$#. Lois is right. Merger is just as certain a death as closing the doors. I understand why the pure "money" people of the club would favor it, but I can never why see any fan would support such a thing.
A few comments ... when these events happened, I was firmly of the opinion that Hawthorn should not merge. However, there were many people who love Hawthorn as much as I do who just as firmly believed that declining the merger would mean the certain death of the club. Seb is meant to be representative of them.

Also, the fear that we would lose our club altogether was real enough - remember what happened to Fitzroy?

In order to survive, a club needs three things - on-field success, a large membership, and financial stability. In 1996, we had none of them.

(However, I've had 14 years to moderate my views!)

Thanks, Bob. I appreciate you taking the time out from a busy life to read and respond.

More A/N (which I keep forgetting to include!)

When Lois was talking to Seb on the beach, she mentioned that she'd seen actresses wearing 'Sebastian Stone' creations. However, Lois introduced Seb as Seb Wilton. It will come out that Sebastian Stone is his business name as a designer of jewellery. However, in my fic, Seb's dad, Ron (Wilton) is a trainer at Hawthorn, and in RL there is a runner/trainer at Hawthorn called George Stone. Ron is not meant to represent George. I used 'Stone' because it has a connection with jewellery, not because it has a connection with George!

Corrina.

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
So, from the other thread I gather this will get resolved. Wonder how. And how this is going to work in solving LnC's biggest problem dizzy effect of Mayson having Kryptonite.

A million dollars.

Who could resist that?
True, it's just the early days of discovering what Superman is all about, but still, she certainly lacks Luthor's intuition. She's more like a Bonobo with a gun.

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard