Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#72381 06/24/10 01:22 AM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Preview of 26

"It's more than that," Lois said. "Last night, I got onto the Internet and found a few photos of Superman. He always looks so ... so isolated, so unapproachable."

Clark winced. "Yeah, I know."

"Did you plan that?"

"Not consciously. I think I was so used to hiding my powers when I was Clark it just seemed natural to try to hide everything about Clark when I was in the suit. I didn't want anyone to hear my voice, or get a good look at my face, or see anything in me that was suggestive of Clark."

"What changed?"

"What do you mean?"

"I read the reports about you defusing the bombs," Lois said. "They were astounded that you had spoken so freely ... and you even gave Mayson a short interview. So, what happened?"

Clark smiled. "What happened?" he echoed. "Lois Lane happened."
Thanks smile

Corrina.

D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
Excellent part (again)!

Glad that Lois thought so quickly that Clark was able to help pull the van back onto the road and that they are so comfortable around each other.

They really are cute together hyper

S
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
S
kiss kiss, sigh

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Clark gathered Lois into his arms and held her. "We're a good team," he said quietly.
I'll say! They were an adorable, wonderful team here! Lois took charge, made everyone trust her and do as she said, while Clark discreetly used his powers to save the family. The family was fine, their car was fine, Clark's secret was safe, the family was safe from the wife's ex-husband, and Lois and Clark were just wonderful! hyper

It gave Clark time to try to take stock of how far - literally and figuratively - they had come since he had first heard the knock on his door this morning.
Indeed. Fantastic. In the morning Clark was heartbroken, thinking Lois had rejected him... and now they just couldn't be happier together. Not only that, but it feels as if they know each other so wonderfully well, too.

it felt as if Lois had been in his life for years - yet that in no way reduced the newly discovered wonder of simply being able to hold her hand.
That's exactly what it feels like to us, too! laugh

Finally:

From Wikipedia ... 'Near the end of 1996 Grant was offered a large amount of money to move to Port Adelaide, but one factor which changed his mind was when a little boy, Ryan Adams, sent him a letter with an attached 20-cent coin saying it was all he had and that Grant could keep it if he stayed with the Western Bulldogs.'
Aaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!

Ann

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Sorry I'm late, but better late than never, right? I liked this part but I must admit that I enjoyed some of the 'pre-relationship' parts more. It's nice to see them feeling so comfortable around each other, but there are moments when they seem too comfortable. I'm not sure I'm making sense... It might also be because part 24 was soooo over the top that this one was meant to pale in comparison wink

That said, though, I really hope you keep the waff coming.

And if I were to chose my favorite bit in this section, I'd go for the scene where they save the family in the van and this other bit:

"Other than when you've been hit by the green rock, is there anything you've not been able to budge?"

"Lois Lane," he muttered.

Her mouth flew open with laughing indignation. "Me? You asked me on a date, and I said 'yes'. You asked me to come on this trip, and I came. I have been incredibly accommodating. I probably should have kept you at arms' length for at least another month."

Clark sobered. "Do you regret that you didn't?"

Lois's smile didn't fade. "What do you think, big guy?" she said. "Do I look like a woman full of regrets?"

Smiling again, Clark shook his head. "Honestly?" he said. "You look like a woman who is supremely happy."

She placed her hands on his neck in a soft caress. "And exactly whose fault do you think that is?"

"I'm hoping it's mine," he murmured.

"Got it in one," she said. "I'm in love with you, Clark Kent."

Then she slid her arms around his neck and kissed him.
More soon. Please!!! blush

Cris
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
DW

I can't believe that the story will end in about 9-10 parts - are you sure it can't be longer?
It will be longer. My latest estimate is 40 parts, but no matter how fast I write, the end never seems to get closer. confused

Thanks for your FDK, DW.

Sarah More to come!

Ann Thanks, Ann.

I have deliberately made Clark less sure in using his powers - sort of like a rudderless boat - because, until now, he's had no Lois.

The van scene had a couple of purposes - one was certainly to show that Lois really is *meant* to be with Clark, and he's so much better for being with her.

Cristina

I'm not sure I'm making sense
You did make sense - and your thoughts are accurate. This trip needs to build the LnC relationship and it needs to happen quickly (timewise).

I was writing Parts 25, 26 and 27 at the same time as I posted Part 12 and some FDKers were asking for a little more B-plot. Well, you've had to wait 13+ parts, but the pendulum has definitely swung the other way. laugh

Thanks for your FDK.

Corrina.

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
The van scene had a couple of purposes
A couple of purposes, eh? I'm beginning to think that one purpose might be to make Browny ask Lois what on earth she was thinking when she wouldn't write about the incident. Plus, I wonder about the woman's ex-husband. Will he make trouble for Lois now, I wonder?

Ann

Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Ann Nothing like that, Ann. It's more subtle.

The van scene was kind of like a bridge - using the backstory to foreshadow the future.

Lois loves football, but because she hasn't been able to play, her thinking would be more like a coach than a player.

A coach has to assess the situation, determine what needs to be done, and then assign individuals to certain tasks, depending on their strengths and abilities.

That's what Lois did when she saw the van. She's used to thinking in terms of Team.

Also, one very small point from the scene will take on greater significance.

Thanks smile

Corrina.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Great part! I'm traveling,so feedback is slow. But this is great. I'm glad they saved the family so subtly!
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Their implicit understand was quite nice. I admit though, it took me a while to realize that Lois knew she's just just proving a coverstory and that Clark knows Lois knows blush

"There was a Bulldogs sticker on the back window and a Saints beanie on the seat," Lois said. "I went with the odds."

"I didn't even notice them," Clark said.
Hmm, I think she'd do just fine as an investigative reporter blush

/runs off to reading part 26/

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Originally posted by Female Hawk:
Also, one very small point from the scene will take on greater significance.
Ummm... Can I bet on Lois's 'Not yet' answer about the children?

Cris
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Or maybe that boy Lois talked to will indeed play footy for his favorite team in the future?

Ann

Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Artemis Thanks, Artemis. Enjoy your travels!

Michael Lois Lane as an investigative reporter? Uhm ... that's a new idea!!!

Thanks Michael.

Cristina That wasn't what I was thinking.

Thanks smile

Ann It would be easy enough to do - there is at least one 'Jordan' currently playing with the Bulldogs - but throughout this fic, I have avoided Lois or Clark interacting directly with real people.

Thanks.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard