Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#72364 06/20/10 06:12 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Preview of 25

Lois reached over to the back seat and retrieved a pillow enclosed in a Hawthorn pillowcase.

Clark grinned. "I noticed that when I was in your bedroom yesterday."

"It helps me dream about Hawthorn premierships."

"Really?" he said. "Do you dream about anything else?"

Lois smiled mischievously. "Well, I have to admit, I have never dreamed about a gorgeous guy taking me flying, but who knows ... Are there Superman pillowcases?"
FDK goes here

Thanks

Corrina.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
LOL cute comment above. The story was very sweet. I am so glad they are at this point. I could care less about footie but footsie is another story.

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Corrina, I totally, completely love your portrait of Lois and Clark, and believe me when I say that I have some basis for comparison. Do you realize that I have been a "Superman and Lois" fan for forty-one years?

I have many reasons to be thankful for the Lois and Clark Tv show, but I have reasons not to be so enthusiastic, too. Lois and Clark in that show are not necessarily "my" Lois and Clark. Lois in there is sometimes downright bitchy, not at all the way I like to think about her. And I couldn't believe her stupidity when she failed to see through Clark's "disguise" right after she had gotten such a good look at his Superman face when he saved her from the Messenger, or whatever that spaceship was called. I found it still more incredible that she kept refusing to put two and two together after Clark kept running away from her and making all those super-lame excuses. That's not my Lois. And some of the things Clark did in the show were also mean and disrespectful, or at least I thought so.

But your portrait of Lois and Clark, Corrina, is just beautiful and lovely. I can feel how much you sympathize with both of them and how well you can understand them. Your portrait of them is so low-key. It's so easy to say about them, or at least to say about Clark, that he is wonderful, amazing, caring, unselfish, fantastic etcetera. You can say all these things, you can make a list of all these adjectives, but they won't make Clark come alive. Such a list of adjectives won't even make me like Clark. Indeed, even stories where Clark shows off all his good qualities, one after another, won't make me like him. I tend to get irritated at such stories instead.

No, I need stories exactly like this one instead, where Clark is genuinely modest and where he is uncertain and doubtful and full of love for Lois, and where he is amazed that she would love him back. Then I can really see how truly wonderful and amazing Clark is, and then I can love him with all my heart.

Your portrait of Lois is certainly one of the most lovable ones I have ever come across. Your Lois is strong, independent and determined, but she is also vulnerable and melancholy. She has so obviously a good heart and a lot of sympathy for other people, and she is so perfectly non-bitchy. She is not stupid in any way. I love it. And you make me feel that you love this Lois, Corrina, and you certainly make me feel that you love this Clark. And you show us why you love this Lois and this Clark in such a way that we can't help loving them either.

I love it! sloppy

Ann

D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
Ahh, that was such a sweet and cute chapter! I absolutely loved it - it may be my favourite part yet! clap

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh, that was absolutely wonderful and an awesome payoff for the angst. They are so cute together. I'm looking forward to more waffyness. smile1 smile1 sloppy
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Beat Reporter
Online Content
Beat Reporter
I could pretty much quote every line in this part! That was amazing, Corrina. I'd been looking forward to getting home from work and reading this, and I was beyond my expectations.

I think TOC said it very nicely. Your portrait of Lois and Clark feels true. The way they act, how they react to each other, how they think, feel. It's really believable.It simply makes sense and it's pretty wonderful.

I'm sure you'll give us a few downs before the ride is over, but I just can't wait. Thanks for a lovely story.

Cris
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Let me put it this way:
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww blush

Lois grinned wider. "Because if I feel even the slightest loosening of your grip, I will resort to a strategy that I know will make it impossible for you to even think about dropping me."
clap

Lois reached over to the back seat and retrieved a pillow enclosed in a Hawthorn pillowcase.

Clark grinned. "I noticed that when I was in your bedroom yesterday."

"It helps me dream about Hawthorn premierships."

"Really?" he said. "Do you dream about anything else?"

Lois smiled mischievously. "Well, I have to admit, I have never dreamed about a gorgeous guy taking me flying, but who knows ... Are there Superman pillowcases?"
And that's just plain cute blush

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
S
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
S
the part we've been waiting for! yay!!!! so sweet and lovely, thanks for this!

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Well, after reading all the other feedback all I can really say is that I completely agree with everyone! This part was SUPER! smile

You are such a talented writer and I am enjoying this story immensely... I almost don't want it to come to an end!

At the moment my family is going through a particularly difficult time due to my father suffering a sudden illness two weeks ago, an illness that will likely take him months to be rehabilitated. So I just wanted to say how much I look forward to your posts as reading this story allows me some most enjoyable time-out from RL. Thank you so much for that! smile

Cheers
Elizabeth

Features Writer
Features Writer
he he he he is there an nfic part coming love to story so far peep

I will and always be a big fan of Lois and Clark forever and forever.
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Moving right along with the waff and awwws.

One has to wonder if the gentle readers are being set up for some terrible,horrible, unbelievably bad, stuff to come.

One must remember that Clark is only going to be around for a few months, then...

As much as I get that Lois has used her love of the Hawks as a substitute family, and how it gives her a feeling of belonging, I still have trouble seeing sports/football reporter as the best use of the talents of a Lois Lane.

I'm hoping that this fic will include an upgrade in Lois' career before it's done.

Tank (who points out that the story is getting much closer to the point where the necessary Lois haircut will signal the change in the Lois and Clark relationship)

Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Laura I'm going to attempt to weave the footy and the footsie together wink . Thanks.

Ann
Do you realize that I have been a "Superman and Lois" fan for forty-one years?
I have been a Hawthorn fan for thirty-eight!!

Thanks for your lovely FDK, Ann. I was concerned that some would think that this Lois is too relaxed, too non-bitchy. However, I really believe that S1 Lois simply wouldn't have made it in the all-male world of footy. I tried not to diminish her drive and her ambition. She has achieved an enormous amount - although I do realise that that fact could get lost in the translation!

You've described so well the LnC relationship that I've tried to show. They are going to need that relationship to deal with a few roadblocks!

DW It was my favourite too ... until recently wink

Thanks.

Artemis

an awesome payoff for the angst.
Thanks! I know some people don't like the angst, but it has a purpose.

I'm looking forward to more waffyness.
Good, because when I wrote 25 and 26, I was starting to worry that the fic had got bogged in a puddle of WAFF.

Cristina Thanks, Cristina. It's always nice to hear that a part delivered. And it's great that this Lois and Clark read true.

Michael

Thanks, Michael. Yes, it was WAFF and very little else!

Sarah Thanks. When I started writing, I didn't think it would take 24 parts to get them together!

Elizabeth I hope your father's recovery goes really well. Thanks for taking the time to leave FDK.

lovesuper nfic - uhmm. A few ideas have occurred to me, but it will probably be like AMH - I'll finish this fic and want to move on to something else instead of lingering on this one.

Thanks for your FDK.

Tank

One has to wonder if the gentle readers are being set up for some terrible,horrible, unbelievably bad, stuff to come.
The readers are definitely being set up - I mean Lois and Clark are together, and there are still at least 10 parts to go. However, I'm not sure if it will be *quite* that bad.

I still have trouble seeing sports/football reporter as the best use of the talents of a Lois Lane.
I understand your point, but ...

Wouldn't many people think the same about fanfic? Wouldn't non-fanfic readers think what we do is not the best use of talents? Wouldn't many dismiss this entire board as a ridiculous waste of time and talent?

But it brings people enjoyment (as does footy). Of course, some people think that the serious things in life - politics, world affairs etc - are far more worthy than things that simply bring enjoyment - but I'm not sure I agree.

Perhaps, in my fictional world, there is an old lady for whom the highlight of the week is reading Lois Lane's match report. wink wink

Thanks for your thoughts, Tank. As I said, I do understand what you're saying (and I knew when I started this fic that the difficulty was going to be getting across how important footy is in Melbourne.)

Thanks

Corrina.

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Awesome! I suppose I overuse that word, but I also want to thank you for the parts of your story coming at perfect times to distract me from RL - the perfect break.
clap Thank you!!
And I agree with you about the value of writing here (but also wondered about Lois' longterm career goals that you will certainly show us) that and wish I had a chance to thank everyone who writes on these boards for their time and efforts that mean so much to a lot of people like me.
P.S. Ann, I also am a very long-time L&C fan since I started collecting the comic books as a kid and watching the first Adventures of Superman; oh my gosh, I'll have to go check dates, time flies... blush

EvelynC
Top Banana
Top Banana
Okay, let me just say that I have been thoroughly enjoying your story, though I have neglected to leave feedback on a regular basis. I've finished my masters degree and swore that I'd have more time--but... Anyway, I could not let another wonderful part slip by without commenting!

"I've thought and thought about everything you said, and ..." She lifted her hands from her lap in a gesture of bewilderment. They fell back, and she locked them together again. "... and finally ... finally I got some sort of handle on how I feel."

"Are you mad at me?" Clark asked. "For telling you? For *not* telling you sooner?"

She shook her head. "I'm not mad ... I'm ... I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to explain this well at all, but I'm ... lost. I feel lost."

He hadn't been expecting that. "Lost?" he echoed softly.

"I feel like I had a friend ... a friend called Clark. A man I had come to know and ... and then, suddenly, it's like I don't know him at all."

"I'm sorry," Clark said. "I realise it must seem as if I tried to deceive you."

"No." Her hands unfolded and one almost crossed the chasm between them; then it flittered back and rested again on her lap. "No, Clark, I don't blame you for not telling me before. I understand that ... but I just need some time to ... to find you again."
I can see this scene so vividly. Their nervousness is almost palpable. I just love this Lois. She is much more 'realistic' than the L&C Lois. She is not so high and mighty and perfect. Thank you for not dragging this out!

"It's like there are two Clarks," Lois said after a short silence. "The man I met at the airport ... the man who sat with me on the boardwalk in Geelong while we dunked our feet in the bay ... the man who cooked for me ... the man who asked me out on a date ... the man I thought I knew."

Her words ate a trail of regret through his heart. "Lo -"

"And then there's another Clark," she continued. "The man who is trying to live the best way he can despite some really tough circumstances." She found his eyes and held them for a long moment. "And both of them are wonderful people ... but somehow, I have to merge them together and feel like I know Clark again." Her smile glimmered. "Did that make *any* sense?"
I wanted to scream, "You just reconciled the two you silly girl!"
"So, you can't be hurt ... but it's not like you can't feel? I mean, it seems as if you can feel this OK."

"I can feel this," Clark confirmed. "And it's amazing."
There is so much meaning packed into this differentiation between hurt and feeling. And I didn't miss the double meaning in Clark's acknowledgement "I can feel this."
"It's beautiful, isn't it?"

"Incredibly beautiful," he murmured. His eyes had settled low on her face - somewhere around her mouth.

Her heart raced in response. "I know what you're thinking," she whispered.

His eyes rose and met hers. "You do?"

"You're thinking how much you'd like to kiss me."

"I'm thinking that this is the perfect place for our first kiss," Clark said in a low, hoarse voice that electrified every nerve in her body. "But you would have to think so, too."

"I think this is perfect," Lois said, her voice barely audible.
For such a brave soul, Clark is so insecure still. He doesn't want to assume that he can move forward with Lois so as always he allows her to guide the relationship and gives her an out if she chooses to take it. He wants to be sure that she wants this just as much as he does.
His face lowered - slowly, yet with a purposefulness that caused the world to tilt. Lois placed her hands on the broad slopes of his chest and, finding solidity, closed her eyes. Their lips touched. His mouth was warm, and soft, and exploratory. He drew back minimally and then came again, deepening their contact.

His arms surrounded her, nestling her into their sanctuary as his mouth continued to kiss her with a dizzying eagerness that was dotted with tiny hesitations as he assessed her response.
Squeeeeel!!! They kissed!!! hyper hyper And it was powerful!!!
Her fingertips delved into the softness of his sea-breeze-tussled hair. She gazed into the depths of his beautiful brown eyes. "I love you, Clark," she said.

His eyes closed, and his breath stopped, and his head leaned gently against hers. She could hear the thundering of his heart. When his head rose again, she saw that moisture had gathered in his eyes.

"I love you, Lois."

She slid her fingers through the hair just above the wings of his glasses. "I know," she said.

"I've wanted to tell you for a long time."

"You did tell me," she said. "Not with those words exactly, but with your actions."

"You knew?"
This was so straightforward yet so powerful!
"You're not worried that I'll ... well, that I'll ... look through your clothes?"

She put her hands on her hips and confronted him. "You're Clark Kent, right?"

He nodded.

"Then you might think about peeking, but you never will."

"How can you be sure?"

"Because I know you ... and I trust you." She shrugged. "And if you'd wanted to do it, you've had plenty of opportunities, and I would've never even known."
This s a reconciliation of Clark and Superman. Clark would never peek as his Superman side used his powers. She's pretty much done it but hasn't realized it.
"We have some decisions to make about our future," Lois said.

Clark nodded. "I know that concerns you, honey. I know you've always questioned how we can be together once my time in Australia has finished, but I was ... well, I wondered if you'd do something for me?"
He calls her honey and she doesn't get her panties in a wad. And I get the feeling that they are going to do something permanent with their relationship by the time Clark is to leave Australia.

There was so much emotion packed in this chapter and the beaches were absolutely beautiful. Loved it!! I will be standing by for the next update.

~Sheila

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
S
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
S
withdrawal here....

Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Evelyn Thank you Evelyn. I'm glad you're enjoying the fic - which for a writer is always great to hear.

Sheila

Thanks for your FDK.

For such a brave soul, Clark is so insecure still.
For me, this is one of the most endearing aspects of Clark. Without this, he would risk being just too perfect and become difficult to identify with.

And I get the feeling that they are going to do something permanent with their relationship by the time Clark is to leave Australia.
Yes, but ... cool

Thanks, Sheila.

Sarah Sorry for the delay. I was wrestling with a part that needs to be good - or the rest of the fic will collapse. 25 is up now.

Corrina.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard