#72324 06/18/10 04:07 PM
A
anonpip Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
A
All comments welcome.

As a note, DD's 1st birthday is tomorrow and with DH celebrating his pseudo-first Father's Day on Sunday (not sure last year counted since we spent it in the hospital with me being pretty useless) and my parents coming for the weekend, I'm not sure I'll be online again until sometime late next week. But if I am, I'll try to reply to feedback before then. And even if not, I like getting it. blush

#72325 06/18/10 05:38 PM
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Delightful. smile

Framework4
#72326 06/18/10 07:27 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Very nice! I haven't read a one-shot revelation story in a while, and it was a great idea having
Bill spill the beans to Lois and then Lois having to figure out who the real person was...

cool
JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
#72327 06/19/10 08:58 AM
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
A fun read. I liked that you didn't take the easy, WAFFy way out; at this point in canon, Lois was close to realizing that she loved Clark in a non-sibling sort of way, but she wasn't quite there yet. Your paraphrasing of her canonical profession of sisterly love toward him was just right. Of course, in my mental continuation of the story, she will realize her true feelings before too terribly long...

Joy,
Lynn

#72328 06/19/10 12:28 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Very good. It was a fun read following Lois' thoughts. Give your DH a happy Father's Day.
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
#72329 06/20/10 05:25 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Nancy! wave

At first I figured this would be a fic with Bobby Bigmouth as a police inspector. But the first paragraph cleared this up blush

Then you puled this stunt here:
Then I remembered what Henderson had said. I needed to lay low. If I wanted to be the person to expose Superman for who he really was, I needed to get out of here before someone else realized Clark Kent was missing.
Of course, my mind went immediately to some sort of From-the-Ruins type of story and I kept reading on, worrying, expecting, hoping.

Until...
“I can’t. I completely forgot, but I’m not even supposed to be here right now. I need to…” I started to tell him. The truth that is. That I needed to go into hiding to protect Superman’s secret. I mean, surely, if anyone could be trusted it would be Lex, right?
clap

And Clark was too worn out to put up a fight. shock

“I don’t love Superman,” I said. “I was sort infatuated with him,” I said, having to admit to that. “But I don’t love him. And I like you, Clark, a lot. You’re like a brother to me.”
This took me completely by surprise. A Lois that is over Superman and not into Clark. Interesting potential for a sequel. Unless you plan to marry her off to Dan. wildguy

“I know,” I admitted quietly. “That’s just the kind of guy Clark Kent is.”
And this was so poignant of Lois's discoveries of the man Clark is.

Fun vignette!

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#72330 06/20/10 07:49 AM
D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
Great story and I agree with Lynn that in a mental continuation of the story, Lois will realise what her actual feelings towards Clark is or could possibly be in the future smile

#72331 06/20/10 04:10 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
This was an interesting variation on the usual. I like that this Lois is angry, defensive, irritated, and prickly. I like that she's planning on writing the story right up to the very end of the fic. And I like that she doesn't write it because of Martha and Jonathan, not because of Clark.

#72332 06/21/10 04:21 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
oh loved this story!!! Your Lois was pretty true to character at that stage of the show. Thank you for sharing this ficcie!

LOIS:I don't like you.
MAYSON: Really? Oh god, that is such a relief - I don't like you either.
LOIS: That makes me feel so much better
#72333 06/27/10 11:48 AM
A
anonpip Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
A
I'm so sorry. I actually forgot about this. I was busy last weekend and the beginning part of the week as I thought I'd be, and then got some news Wednesday night that sort of demanded all potential brain space after that.

Thank you all for the comments, though. I do appreciate them, and they are definitely a mood lifter.

Thanks, Patrick, Artemis, DW, and bellarata!

JD - I'm glad you enjoyed it, although I have to be honest - both the idea that Bill was the one to tell Lois and that Lois didn't know the secret was all Patrick. The premise for this fic came directly from his challenge.

Thanks, Lynn. I'm glad that you weren't disappointed that Lois didn't jump into Clark's arms. It got to the point where it felt like that was where she would if she did at all, and it didn't feel right to me at all. But I agree with you - she'd do so soon after this.

Michael - You know it never even occured to me that the title would lead people to think Bobby was the Inspector, but that makes a lot of sense. Sorry for the confusion.

Do you really not like this Lois? I was trying to write 1st season Lois. Was she harder/less likable than that?

I don't think this Lois is over Superman so much as this was early enough that she wasn't in love with him yet and given recent knowledge about him is able to relegate her feelings to things that are more appropriate. And in terms of not being into Clark. Hmmm... I think she is. I don't think she's in love with him yet (or at least not consciously), but that doesn't mean she's not interested.

IolantheAlias - Thanks! You know, I knew from the beginning that she wouldn't write the story, and just assumed it was because of Clark. But then when I got to the point where she had decided not to write it, I realized she was still angry enough at Clark that she would write it. So the MnJ thing just sort of happened. But I think that's as my thought was that Lois would go to Smallville and learn who Clark is, but in reality, she learned a lot about who Martha and Jonathan were before she was ready to really learn about Clark.

Off to deal with real life stuff...

#72334 06/30/10 08:27 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hmm, I don't know. It's her whole selling-out-Clark-and-sticking-to-it attitude that just makes her unlikeable to me, I guess. She never seemed like she would do this on the show. At least, that's my take after uncounted pages of LnC fanfic have distorted and re-shaped any impressions I might have had blush

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#72335 07/01/10 02:34 AM
A
anonpip Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
A
I can understand and even agree with that.

I guess I don't think she really would have done it here either. My impression of Lois is she is softer than even she thinks she is back in season 1. So I see her as thinking she'd write a story like this, but not being able to go through with it in the end. So, in this story even if Clark hadn't made that comment about his parents, she would have backed out. She just doesn't realize she would have.

#72336 07/01/10 05:27 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
So, in this story even if Clark hadn't made that comment about his parents, she would have backed out. She just doesn't realize she would have.
I agree. "What telling the secret will do to Clark's parents" is just the excuse that Lois needed.

She can believe that she's sparing Martha and Jonathan. That's her story and she's sticking to it.

#72337 04/03/14 12:42 PM
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
I was re-reading some tales and this one is fun.

Framework4

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard