Next Thread
Print Thread
R
Rac Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
R
Yes, I know I'm evil. No, I don't hate Lois. Yes, I know you're going to chase me with torches and pitchforks.

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Ahhh gaaaahhh. I'm not up for long FDK right now. I'm glad you saved Clark, Lois and Jon, Rac. I so, so don't want you to give Lois a miscarriage or a damaged baby! wildguy

And I can see Clark being so upset over this particular betrayal - Lois killing or damaging his child - that he'll want a divorce, or that he'll be incapable of loving her, at least for a while.

Gaaahhh. I guess that's what your B-plots are about, right? Lois and Clark fighting to be able to love one another? And once things look up, you'll throw something else at them, right?

Gaaaahhh. But I guess Lois and Clark's love will survive this crisis, too. I guess that deep down, you won't have it otherwise.

Ann

S
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
S
whoa. killer part

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Awesome part, Rac. As usual, you are good with the bombs and hospital parts, not to mention the emotional parts. I really liked this:
He’d been past the breaking point of his body before. Past the point where he could stand or even take a real breath. He’d existed in the sliver of space between life and death before. The place too small for even the will to live to exist.

And this was not it.
That summarized his experience on New Krypton very well.
Lois didn't know she was pregnant, so I don't see how Clark could blame her for any foul-up in the pregnancy. You live, you hope, whether you are human or superhuman.
You may soon hold the record for the longest story on these boards.
Keep it coming!
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Well executed part, Rac. I do admit, I expected something bad to happen all the time. Things like bombs blowing up. Hsiao emerging from the elevator. Etc. But in the end, it worked out surprisingly well and with a minimum of drama. That is until Bernie revealed Lois's pregnancy. And I'm quite sure she didn't know. Partially because of the Lois POV in part 36 and 37, and partially because I doubt she would have been able to keep her normal face on the whole time. I also don't think Clark considers the option that Lois decided to sacrifice their child for him. But the perceived easiness sure threatens her pregnancy now. Trauma can do this to a body help

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Rac, I'm searching for the clubs and torches...

How could you do that to Lois's unborn baby? What's going to happen?

You better post soon, you Sheherazade! I can't get to sleep without finding out what happens next!

D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
Excellently written especially the parts with the hospital and bomb and gun shot wound!

I also expected something bad/worse to happen and another bad thing to happen (or more) before the story is finished.

What's going to happen next?

R
Rac Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
R
Sorry for the hit and run style posting, but again, my internet connection is terrible.

Ann, I know you’re probably not happy with this turn of events. (But hey, you asked for more B plot, right?) I don’t actually intend for this story to run forever, so there is at least that hope that I will have to stop torturing these characters.

Glad you enjoyed this section, Sarah.

Hi Artemis. Thanks for commenting. I’m happy to hear you liked Bernie’s efforts to turn his lab into a hospital. I’m also glad to hear you liked the line you quoted. I was hoping to capture what it meant to Clark to have been Nor’s prisoner and to contrast that to what he was going through with the Kryptonite-laced bombs.

Michael, you knew I wasn’t going to let this section end with nothing more than a minor flesh wound for Lois, right? Good catch on the POV. Of course, Clark doesn’t know that since he doesn’t benefit from our third person limited omniscience perspective. Poor guy.

Iolan, I’m currently hiding very far away from those clubs and torches. How could I do that to Lois and her pregnancy? Well, I’ve been pretty mean to these characters so far, so I don’t think this is unusual for me. This story has run at least a thousand and one nights, but it too, will end at some point…

DW, more has been posted, so you no longer have to wait to see what comes next!

Thanks for reading and commenting!

Rac

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard